TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 10, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Under the Dome: TV Show Discussion With No Book Reference: Archive through September 10, 2014 users admin

Granjan

05-10-2011

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
But it didn't just show Junior's mother, it also showed others that were dead: the police woman and the woman that Big Jim shot, maybe more, I can't remember.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Did it look as though she was living in a normal city overlooking the dome though? That's what it did to me. Weird.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Did it look as though she was living in a normal city overlooking the dome though?"

She was painting in a room with a window overlooking a normal city at night, but the dome was not visible outside that window.

However, there was a flat screen TV airing a story about the dome in that room near the window and the dome was being shown on that TV screen.

Jr saw his mother when he was unconscious, but it was a vision or something. The fact that we saw other dead people in Jr's vision made it appear (to me) that he was actually seeing dead people on "the other side".....but later on, when his mother showed up outside of Chester's Mill and in an unfamiliar city, I realized she was actually still alive so Jr wasn't actually seeing "the other side" at all...it had to be some sort of vision or dream.

Here is the room Jr's mom was painting in....the image is a screen shot from that scene in episode 1.

room

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 12:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sanfran. I remembered the dome in her room but I guess not where it was in the picture! I think she's definitely actually alive.

Ladyjo

07-21-2014

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladyjo a private message Print Post    
Is there a site that I can watch last season??

Scoutmom

01-19-2006

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scoutmom a private message Print Post    
Ladyjo - I just checked and looks like both seasons are listed at cbs.com

Ladyjo

07-21-2014

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladyjo a private message Print Post    
When you try to watch it takes you to amazon.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
For once, being a hoarder was a good thing. The tunnel makes me think of the tunnel in the Shawshank Redemption.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The tunnel reminds me of that silly scary movie from the 80s called "House II". The guys are looking through the hole in the wall and John Ratzenberger says like it's nothing special "Looks like you got some kind of alternate universe in there or somethin'. "

LOL

It's at the 18 second mark in this trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ouvkZzJ-Nc

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Jr said something about having previously seen the obelisk in that painting hidden on the back of the painting he took to show & tell when he was a kid.

Isn't that the same obelisk that can is visible outside the window of Jr's mother's apartment in the screencap I posted on July 10 (above)?

I never noticed it in that July 10 picture until it was pointed out in this week's episode!

Screen grab from this episode:
dome

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It looks like it! Aliens...!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 12:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
At this point the interesting thing will be how Barbie gets back in. Even if his dad gets him past the army of artillery guarding the perimeter, how exactly is it possible to get back in.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
The last shots in the program last night showed a painting (supposedly done by Jr's mother) with a red door partially open. Then, showed what might be that door buried under leaves in the woods that Barbie and his father were walking through. Could this be the passage between dome-land and obelisk-land?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else see Stephen King in the art room. He was in the front left of the screen. i went back and froze the pix to be sure and it was him making another little cameo appearance.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Bummer. Missed the cameo. I know he's made cameos in his movies. Didn't know he did the TV show too. Cool.

ETA: Just Googled "Stephen King Under The Dome Cameo," and came up with several hits that he did a cameo in the Season 2 Premier. But still haven't found anything on Episode 7.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I had the video completely stopped and it was Stephen King or his identical twin brother.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Sunday, August 17, 2014 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Oh, I don't doubt your word OG. Just bummed I missed it. I figured it would be captured on YouTube or something by now. Probably not enough time has gone by yet. LOL.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 12:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I once caught him at the diner drinking coffee.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 12:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Yea, I think that's the same one I saw (in the link I provided above) during the Season 2 Premier.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
houndsofdiana.com answered nothing for me.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, August 28, 2014 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I liked this last episode, kept me a bit on edge... wanting for Jim to change seeing his wife back, but it seems audience want him evil.

Still a mystery why the egg is so important for the outside powers and of course we are kept hanging and won't know till who knows when... but I like it this way.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The two separate threads were needed the first season, but the show has almost nothing to do with the book anymore. Can't believe there are only three episodes left. Yet, Hubby, who knows nothing about the book can't believe they can drag it out even one season further. I am still enjoying it, however.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I was just thinking the same thing. I've read the book but this is an entirely different story now.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I really thought that with the egg gone we would have seen the Dome come crushing down, instead now they've got nowhere to escape. They'll be in hell now that that small hope is gone... If there are only 3 episodes left something big has to happen for a cliffhanger... This show is picking up in Europe as well, being dubbed in French as well..

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, I am still watching and I like it that I can't figure out the egg purpose and always want to see clues on the show to find out.. that keeps me interested. The Dome seem to be moving now, closing in on them... I sometime feel like that that dome would actually protect them and outside is full of danger, I wonder if one gets used to live like in a cocoon and be afraid to get out, or is it the fear of living in that cocoon that would feed the fear of getting out... who knows.. but this is an interesting show, compared to those out there at the moment.