TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 09, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through June 09, 2015 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was sitting there tonight yelling at Theon to kill Ramsay before he violently raped Sansa. I really thought he would be jolted to his senses, but instead he cried like a baby. I hope he redeems himself in the eps to come.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 18, 2015 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes that was awful but even that wasn't as bad as in the book.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am confused about what I just watched. Why was Cersei thrown in prison? What did that guy snitch on her about?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I forgot to say congrats to Samwell for losing his virginity :-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 25, 2015 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I am confused about what I just watched. Why was Cersei thrown in prison? What did that guy snitch on her about?"

Naja, I'd guess it was about her bedding her own brother and having his child.

Spear

08-05-2001

Monday, May 25, 2015 - 1:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Wasn't the snitch her cousin, who was also one of her lovers?

ETA: Ah, and I am reminded that her cousin was also involved in the hunting incident that led to the death of Cersei's husband (King Robert).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 25, 2015 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Looks like Cersei was living in a very fragile glass house. People with secrets as big as hers need to learn how to keep their traps shut, huh?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 25, 2015 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ah, thanks you guys. :-)

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, George RR Martin is supposedly working on the 6th book and no longer involved on a regular basis with the show.
So, perhaps in 2016 we will finally get a new book!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was exhausted after the battle. It was so intense!

It was very gruesome seeing all those dead turned into wights at the same time. It sent a shiver through me. And I think we learned Valyrian steel will also kill white walkers. Does Jaime still have his Valyrian steel sword, too?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I found the answer. I had completely forgotten that Jamie gave his Valyrian steel sword to Brienne. She named it "Oathkeeper".

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
And it's not actually been shown, but Joffrey's VS sword presumably went to his little brother when he became king.

I guess in a past ep, it was considered that Valyrian Steel is the same thing as the dragon steel that was mentioned in some old writings.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
good show overall, loved the Tyrion and Daehnrys seens.

the battle went on and on

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It was a good show. I'd forgotten that Jamie gave the sword to Brienne. Interesting that the Valyrian Steel has that power but it makes sense. Tyrion and Daenerys are entertaining together. She desperately needs someone with Tyrion's knowledge and cleverness as an advisor.

Ssfgal

02-07-2008

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ssfgal a private message Print Post    
HOLY MANURE!...last night's episode left me speechless...as a major fan of the books, I get annoyed when they take a different direction, but man oh man last night was one for tv history...

If I recall, in the books the Valyrian steel was always in the North...when Ned was killed, his sword was melted down...that is how Jamie/Brienne have one...

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, Ned's sword was melted down and made in to 2 swords, and the other one was given to Joffrey, which now belongs to Tommen.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
On this page, it lists all the the Valyrian weapons and who has them, as well as how they got them, or how they lost them. There are quite a few.

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Valyrian_steel

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
loved last night's show!!!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Little Princess Shireen's murder was heartbeaking. I've said it before, but I can't wait to see Stannis and the Red Woman get their due. I can't even imagine what Davos will do when he finds out about Shireen. He will be devastated, and I hope seeks revenge.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
It was, but you knew it was coming when Davos tried to talk Stannis into letting him take Shireen back to the wall. I hope Davos takes out the red woman.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
When Stannis was sending Davos off alone, I truly figured it was Davos he had a plan for.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Was it Davos who Shireen taught to read?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes. Davos really loved Shireen. I think if he had been there Stannis would have had to kill him too because there is no way Davos would have stood by and not intervened.

That was a horrible scene. Now I'm looking forward to seeing Stannis defeated (that's not a spoiler).

Loved the scene in the pit with the dragon!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Stannis can be defeated AFTER he takes out the Boltons and rescues Sansa. And not before!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - It's all about priorities.

Davos is one of the few nice guys in this series (along with Jon and Tyrion and maybe I've missed some others). He is one of my favorite characters.