TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Fear the Walking Dead TV Show Discuss...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Fear the Walking Dead TV Show Discussions users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
ARCHIVES 600 25 08-26-18  10:06 am
Archive through May 15, 2018Sugar25 05-15-18  11:28 pm
Archive through May 27, 2018Kitt25 05-27-18  12:15 pm
Archive through July 20, 2018Kitt25 07-20-18  3:37 pm
Archive through June 02, 2019Kitt25 06-02-19  11:12 am
Archive through October 11, 2020Kitt25 10-11-20  1:23 pm
Archive through April 23, 2021Scooterrific25 04-23-21  5:07 pm
Archive through May 11, 2023Sincebb125 05-11-23  12:20 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 11, 2023 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks Since :-). For some reason I never look forward to Fear, but when it starts I usually get into it.

The show is already out on AMC+ (and apparently was released earlier than planned by mistake) and it seems to have had good reviews.

Only 12 episodes this season, which will be two half seasons of 6 episodes. There's a seven year time jump (not a spoiler, they officially released that a while back) either before e1 or during e1.

(And btw it looks like the Maggie/Negan spin off Dead City starts on the night of the FEAR 8A finale, so Jun 18th.)

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, May 11, 2023 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I like Fear so much better than I ever liked Beyond. I didn't check to see the first episode was already available. Thanks for heads up.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 11, 2023 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I really liked it when it was the original family, and I've liked parts of it since, it just seems so much more jump the shark-ish than the other shows.

I loved Beyond though! I think the Rick and Michonne story will partly work from info we got from Beyond, so it was worth watching even if it wasn't a favourite.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, June 11, 2023 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Well, I have to say...not really connecting with this whole PADRE thing. Maybe it's because Shrike has (for me) no charisma? There have been so many other great female villains....Alpha, Jadis, Elizabeth, Huck, Martha, Celia, Leah to name a few.

I don't get why no one has offed her yet lol Morgan ran right by her from behind...and didn't take her down. Maybe they are waiting for all the Carrion behind the fencing to munch on her...I know I am!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 11, 2023 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, it's kind of interesting in a background story way, but nothing exciting enough for an episode in the final series.

I think maybe the seven year time jump was forced on them so they could match up with the other shows (maybe at the end a character or more will go to one of the new shows??) and they just couldn't find a story that made sense. Most of the group stole kids for seven years and only just now realised it was bad?? Only now Dwight and Sherri realised Finch would be better off away from it all? Were Padre really that powerful?

And no sign of the most charismatic member of the group, Victor Strand.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, June 11, 2023 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I love Victor! I really like the actor playing MO. Used to love Dwight...but this storyline is not good for him. I hope they move on from Padre soon. Even Daniel is not interesting.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 11, 2023 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Daniel has a ~how can we fit this character in~ kind of role.

And next week is the half season finale. Hardly any build up to it.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Finally! Shrike is dead. Or is she?

I can't remember...the Rick/Michonne spin off TWD:Summit...is it going to be separate from the Daryl(Carol?) and the Maghie/Negan spin offs? Does anyone know if they are going to run concurrently. Or will the characters cross over?

Also, any info if anyone from FearTWD will cross over to any of the spinoffs?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I haven't heard the Summit name, but I think we're going to see Dead City starting Sunday (Thursday for you if you have AMC+), after six weeks (Jul 23) there'll be Fear part 8B which would last until Sep 03.

Then the Daryl show is in the usual Sep/Oct spot (6 episodes), and the Rick & Michonne show is 2024.

I think Dead City and Daryl have season 2s confirmed (and already filmed) for 2024, but I think the Rick show is just the six episodes. I don't know if that means Rick might be last in 2024, to pull everything together.

It wouldn't surprise me if Morgan made his way back to Rick somehow, that'd be good. But I haven't heard about it happening. I don't know what time period the Rick show is in, Rick was taken by the CRM in 2013, and TWD last we saw was in 2023, so that's 10 years (and more, as now we have the two new shows) to fill in if they're going to meet up with Daryl or Maggie. Fear is also around 2022/23 now after the time jump (I lost track with that, they were sloppy with their timelines) so Morgan could join with Rick if the Rick show fills in the missing years.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, June 16, 2023 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I already watched the first Episode on Thursday!

I like Morgan...and would be happy if he showed up on any spinoff.

I also watched Fear on Thursday. I want to ask thoughts on last minutes of the episode...but I have to wait as not to spoil. Lol

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 18, 2023 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I hope Shrike is dead! Hopefully Madison will be well away from Padre with the Luciana/Strand group next time we see them.

Some behind the scenes shots spoiled who was in that very last scene, it seems a bit ridiculous to me. Not sure if it’s common knowledge or if we should spoiler box it.

My theory for Morgan… I’m guessing he will make his way to Alexandria, where we know they were rebuilding after the TWD finale events, and they’ll say Rick died, but stay with us! So he will, and at the end of the Rick and Michonne show, when they inevitably go back to Alexandria to be with Judith (otherwise what’s the point), Morgan and Mo will be there too. Full circle S1E1 to the end.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I usually don't post specifics because I watch ahead. Last year it was a full week ahead. This year, so far, its been only 3 days ahead. I wonder why?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they realised that people were having difficulty posting on fan forums because half were posting about a new show that the other half didn't want to be spoiled by, as they couldn't see it for another week. The shorter three day gap is a lot better for that.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I got a bit "spoiled" by the Shrike "dead" comments... couldn't see that epi here until last night. Not a big deal tho... just thought for a minute that I had missed an episode. :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, July 14, 2023 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They've announced Season 8B, the finale six episodes of the series, will start on Sunday October 22nd, ending November 26th.

Before that will be the new Daryl show, starting Sept 10th.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 20, 2023 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Trailer for final six episodes at the link. It looks dramatic!

https://tvline.com/trailers/fear-the-walking-dead-season-8b-trailer-final-episodes-alicia-alive-1235046350/

Official summary of the season:

“Now that Shrike and her influence are gone, Madison sets her sights on transforming PADRE into the safe haven the old Stadium was meant to be. But in doing so the island becomes a target as well as a beacon as word of Madison and this land of resources spreads, attracting unwanted attention that puts PADRE back in peril and questions whether our heroes even deserve to save it.”

I always thought they would end up where the main TWD people ended up, but it looks like they have their own ending. But no word of Morgan, so I think he - he left to find Rick at the end of the last episode - will maybe be at Commonwealth or Alexandria or wherever they are when Rick and Michonne are inevitably (otherwise what's the point) reunited with Judith and RJ.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 22, 2023 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
In case anyone needs it:

Troy is (not) killed at the dam in Mexico two months into the apocalypse, in about October 2010.

Madison is (not) burnt to a crisp at the Stadium in Texas at the end of 2012.

Strand's Tower collapsed in early 2015, after an attack by Alicia and her people, then Alicia decided Strand could be saved and took him to where the group were escaping on boats at the beach. Alicia gave him her boat, and went off, she was infected but had been in that weird state for a while, where she didn't turn but wasn't well.

Then the storyline with Padre started after the time jump, around early 2022 (with baby Mo then a tween not a baby).

So Strand found his new family in the last seven years, and Troy has been searching for Madison for 12 years.

If you can ignore all the unbelievable stuff, I thought today's premiere had promise.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 05, 2023 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching? I can't remember what Dwight sounded like before, but I don't think it was like that. Did he drop his original southern-ish accent?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, November 07, 2023 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Now that you mention it, there was something different and I couldn't put my finger on it. It must have been that? I'll pay more attention to it on next episode

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 07, 2023 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
His character came from Virginia, I don't know that accent but however he spoke, it just didn't seem like before!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, November 07, 2023 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I think you are right

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 19, 2023 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
2 hour finale tonight! People online with AMC+ say it's actually very good.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 19, 2023 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I liked it! A bit (actually a lot) unbelievable, but if you ignore all that it was a good wrap up.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 21, 2024 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I finally watched my recordings. There was so much jumping around without showing how they got from one place to another, I just wasn't impressed.

And yeah, the unbelievable stuff annoyed me. Troy getting a 1 inch branch driven thru him, but he's fine once it's pulled out (he should have bled to death). A 10 year old girl burying her dad, and finding Madison and unburying her. Then Alicia just shows up.

Finally, after needing all of them to save each other, they all go off in different directions. It just wasn't very satisfying to me. Except that it's over... LOL.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 23, 2024 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, I really was watching the last few seasons wishing it would end. Shame, because there are some very talented and charismatic actors in there (Strand, Morgan), they just couldn't get the storytelling right.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 24, 2024 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: