TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 07, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Wayward Pines on FOX: Archive through June 07, 2015 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 29, 2015 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I just can't see them making him sheriff. But then this show is quite confusing. :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, May 29, 2015 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Does anyone remember if we (the viewer) have seen the outside of the wall? Like on Under the Dome we've seen both sides of the physical dome wall, have we seen this wall from the other side at all?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 29, 2015 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
We did see one aerial, but the surroundings seemed the same, just forest.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, May 29, 2015 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I couldn't remember!

Snee

06-26-2001

Friday, May 29, 2015 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snee a private message Print Post    
I was so curious about this show, I ended up buying and reading the trilogy last weekend! (Quick reads, btw.) I was very surprised by the reveal. I'm still enjoying watching the show play out.

06-29-2002

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Just a gentle reminder, since it was brought up, please do not discuss the book here so no one gets spoiled if they don't want to be.

You can always start a discussion about the book in the Library thread. :-)

Thanks!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
(Not a spoiler) I also read all three books and this week's episode totally diverged from the books. My DH and I both read the books, and we were pleased that things took a couple of surprising turns. I wonder if they're attempting to compress all three books into one summer series? Not telling any spoilers here, but it was nice to have some surprises.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I just knew the sheriff's character would die soon because isn't the actor busy with Empire? and already 2 characters are gone from the story and so things should move quickly. The inability to escape a town, or village is a theme so well known in horror shows but unlike Under the Dome that had more to do with sci-fi than horror, here it's clearly more horror than sci-fi. There is the whole secret agency issue, the guy from that same agency outside the town who's trying to stop Ethan, and Ethan saying to the Sherif that there was someone else in charge... duh?
As for the timeline, I think all facts are indeed current, maybe that hospital that rescues them after the accident also brainwashed them making them believe they arrived years and years ago, they may be able to age them as well. Ethan and his family were clearly not aged and are aware they're in the current time and not thwarted into some kind of time zone, past or future.

Heck, I didn't read the books and I don't want to but I have fun speculating what's going on. I'm starting to warm up to Dillon because maybe his character did not need to show vulnerability but a steady conviction that he's not living a nightmare and knows someone is keeping from finding a secret and he's determined to find it. If he too would go insane like the others, than the story would end soon... oops, isn't this show for a short lived season only? Oh well..

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think that fence is to keep the evil out not to keep them in

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
What the what??!! Did they release the Kraken?

I'm glad I only have to wait until tonight for the next episode.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, June 05, 2015 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Dang...this shows moves fast! I'm glad it isn't just slogging along teasing us but without really progressing like so many shows do.

Suddenly we have Sheriff Ethan Burke! I was surprised about that....I did see that one coming but figured it would happen at the end of the season.

And we finally saw a partially clear glimpse of what/who is behind the wall. It looked like an alien was peaking out from behind that tree. Unless the area outlying outside of Boise is infested with aliens (or whatever that was), then Wayward Pines is definitely not in Idaho.

Hmmmmm....something just occurred to me. What if there is a much bigger fence surrounding the whole fenced-in town, so that the fenced in area is actually shaped like a do-nut? That would put the town itself in the middle of the do-nut hole...but the area outside the wall that surrounds the town would be the "ring" of the do-nut. In that's the case, then I guess it could still be in Idaho! I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

I was shocked that Justin Kirk's character picked up a woman at a bar and woke up in Wayward Pines, still with the woman...who was suddenly much older and turned out to be Pam the evil nasty Nurse Ratchet-like RN at the hospital. Creeeeeepy!

They seem to be training the kids for some unknown purpose. It's still a real crap shoot regarding what direction this is actually heading...is it sci-fi? Supernatural? Weird Government experiments/conspiracy? All of the Above? None of the Above?

Whatever is going on, this show pulls me in even deeper each week.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, June 05, 2015 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, so I'd think they were just being lifted by aliens, but the FBI knows about this, and frankly sent Ethan Burke to end up there, right? And also has the power to end it?

So, that's the thing that I'm trying to figure out.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 05, 2015 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
What if they aren't on earth at all anymore?

The main reason I say this is because I keep thinking about why there aren't any crickets. Maybe there is something in the atmosphere that is poisonous to crickets.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Friday, June 05, 2015 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I just wanted Ethan to "reacon" nasty nurse Barb. Seems like she is at the center of nasty in that town.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, June 05, 2015 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
naja, that's a good point about the crickets.

Spoton, yeah, I'm with you on that one.

I'm enjoying this series more than I thought I would.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, June 05, 2015 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, no wildlife at all (if you ignore the monsters/aliens) because even in the forest there's piped in noise. If they're not in a bubble surely the small wildlife would come back, even if if the town was gassed or something at some point.

I think the higher ups can travel in time and maybe dip in and out of themselves at any time during their own timeline. And maybe some of the people in the FBI are part of this group and help decide who to grab for the town. Why they want a town I don't know, it's not like it's full of scientists or something to enhance humanity, or even just make someone a lot of money. Or maybe it's the children they will have... if the people grabbers are from the future is the school the important thing and they're making future leaders? I don't know!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, June 05, 2015 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I had the same exact thought Spoton!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, June 05, 2015 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I was thinking Wayward Pines was on another planet, too....but then after seeing both the original sheriff and the doctor show up in the real world AND in Wayward Pines without having aged, it made me think more along the lines of another dimension than another planet.

Of course, if the higher ups are from the future, a time machine could explain the aging of those characters. For instance, when Justin Kirk's character picked up the girl, it could be that the orchestraters of this situation sent Pam to WP immediately and they set Kirk for a different "time destination" so that he arrived 20 years later or something. It's gotta be something like that for her to have aged so much and him not to have not aged at all. He never said anything about Pam's reaction, but the flashback did not show her being upset that she had aged....which is why I think she got there 20 or so years before he did. She was already indoctrinated and helping run the joint.

Whether it's the future or dimensional or interplanetary....it could be some kind of experiment in order to test the best ways to control humans. I figure in time travel scenario, they would have no problem setting up the experiment to control the children so they would be controlled as adults...maybe for a couple of generations. After all, if they are working to accomplish something that happens in 10,000 years, for example, spending a few generations on an experiment would be easy peasy.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 05, 2015 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ACK! The dangers of indiscriminately hopping around the internet.... I was spoiled. I know the plot. I'll stay out of the thread now.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Friday, June 05, 2015 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I wonder if there is more to the doctor they talked to in the woods checking out his special hybrid trees (in the middle of night, no less!) Maybe he has created other types of hybrids, hmmm?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I almost went searching, Naja, because I'm so curious, but I'm behaving. Sounds like you were accidentally spoiled though. Bummer!

Melissa Leo is so good at playing an uber creepy beeyotch. I'm looking forward to her demise.

I think you are on to something, Spoton.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I think all your suggestions about this series are more interesting than the show itself. I'm just glad is a short series and looks like we'll know next week how this is going to end (from what the preview was saying). But whatever is going on I was just concerned to see Ethan maintain his identity and not end up like the previous sheriff. There has to be someone who will keep sane enough to see a way out, climbing that cliff may not be it however and I confess I'm curious but would like to see this end soon and not drag on like other sci-fi shows.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I believe it is only a ten-episode show, not an ongoing one?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It was billed as "A 10 Episode Event" and so far, I have seen nothing about a season 2.

Of course, that's how Under the Dome was promoted, too, but it was so popular, they decided it turn it into an ongoing series before season 1 even ended.

I'd rather see the very fun and unpredictable Wayward Pines go out on a high note after 10 episodes than get stretched into a long series of convoluted plot lines until the show just gets ridiculous and incomprehensible, while saving the big reveal for years down the line.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I like that more shows are doing these miniseries, or themes on a similar idea like True Detective or Secrets and Lies. They're perfect for the summer.