TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 18, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 18, 2015 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Does this mean I shouldn't bother watching my recordings?

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
I wish I hadn't watched mine.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought the ending was interesting after I thought on it for a few minutes.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
oh good, now I don't hve to waste time watching it. I have been working for the last few days.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I liked it. I thought it was worth it.

Kitt, I don't know what you mean by there was no ending?
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Did you count the suns at the end?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well I naively thought that a miniseries would have a proper resolution, at least to most of its stories, instead we got the first six episodes of a bad drama (with some good ideas) squashed into three nights in the hopes we'd just stick it out.

I'll put some of the things I wanted (mostly) resolved in a spoilerbox, in case someone hasn't finished it yet:

Spoiler
. How did Christa develop mental powers in two generations?
. Christa can now make people dematerialise and rematerialise on another planet (where they can magically breathe the air), how? why?
. Is the Lorelei ghost real in any way?
. Gil Bellows (guy on the outside) can just push that woman off the balcony and he ressumes control as if it never happened?
. There's a huge malfunction over all the "spaceship," they magicically fix the air and everything's resolved and no one thinks maybe his is a bit strange?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt,
Spoiler
I didn't take it that the girl could transport people. I took that there was some kind of nuclear device aboard, beneath the water, that combined with her mental abilities could become a transport.

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
1. If there was something under the water that combined with her mental powers, they pulled it out of thin air.
2. Where are the old people? It's only been 50 years. Some of the original crew should still be alive.
3. If they supposed developed MRIs on that ship, why are they still playing old vinyl (and vinyl that's been played over and over for 50 years would be pretty worn out. No one put together a garage band and developed digital recording?
4. I only saw one sun, and I was looking for two (and ready to complain if they showed 3, considering Proxima Centauri is a red dwarf several hundred AUs from Alpha Centauri A and B). But perhaps I was distracted by how he was apparently breathing an oxygen rich atmosphere WITH NO VISIBLE VEGETATION to produce it. If that planet developed in any way like the planets in our solar system, that just doesn't happen.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They did talk about the nuclear power thing on the ship. And the girl said something was way at the bottom of the water. I just put 2 and 2 together and that's what I came up with.

eta: not that it's totally correct.... it's just what I got out of it.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I just binged thru Z Nation and found so many lol moments. SFJ's assessment above is on the money. If a zombie show can be "light hearted" this is it. I look forward to season 2.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought Z Nation was so good, and it shocked me no one got a thread going about it. After 3 or 4 eps and seeing no thread was started, I started thinking maybe I was alone in thinking how good it was.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Me too Naja, had to do some looking for this. Really enjoyable. It is definitely not trying to compete with TWD. I thought it might and I'd be disappointed in it, but it is a whole different kettle of fish and every ep just rolled along. I do love Murphy, he's a hoot. The fart scene was so ridiculously silly and funny.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, it was renewed, so we'll have to do it's own thread next season :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I finally finished it, Z Nation, and got to quite like it - I guess it had to grow on me - but I'm glad it got renewed.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Thoroughly enjoying my third go round with TWD marathon, I did note in ep 2 as Rick and Glen were smearing walker guts all over themselves and Glen was being sick, that Rick said think of something else,like puppies and kittens. I wonder if that is where Z Nation picked up the "puppies and kittens" that they say as a heads up. It wouldn't be the first reference.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Trailer for a new show on Syfy called "The Expanse"

Set 200 years in the future, after mankind has colonized the solar system, the 10-episode thriller follows a hardened detective (Thomas Jane, Hung) and a rogue ship’s captain (Steven Strait, Magic City) as their investigation into a missing young woman evolves into a race across the solar system to expose the greatest conspiracy in human history.

http://tvline.com/2015/01/15/syfy-the-expanse-trailer-video/

Video in the link. Premieres "sometime during 2015."

(Mike from Breaking Bad is in the promo)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I quite enjoyed 12 Monkeys. I watched the movie many years ago but can't really remember what happened, so it was more or less "new" to me.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Same here, Kitt! I LOVE time travel shows! Looks like the Bruce Willis role in the movie is played in the series by a guy that VERY VAGUELY resembles Brad Pitt.....while the Brad Pitt role is played by a woman.

Btw, during last night's Helix premiere, there was a promo for SYFY with a screen filled with shows slated for 2015. Here are some of the titles:

Olympus
Childhood's End
The Expanse
Killjoys
Dark Matter

I only listed the titles of the shows that are not airing yet, but I haven't researched any of them to see what they're about. However, if they are flashing those titles on the air there will likely be some info at syfy.com!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I like that Syfy are taking their channel name seriously again. They went off the rails a bit for a while.

Olympus seems to be a Gods and Monsters one.

Childhood's End is an Arthur C Clarke book about an alien invasion and the aftermath on human society.

Killjoys is about interplanetary bounty hunters(!).

Dark Matter is about people stuck on a starship.

Unfortunately the start dates for all of them are still listed as "sometime in 2015," as far as I can tell.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 1:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks! Some of these sound like fun.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 4:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed 12 monkeys as well, was worried it would be too dark for casual tv watching. I know I have watched the movie but besides knowing Willis was in it I couldn't tell you one minute worth of plot. Didn't affect the tv show but might track down the flick just for giggles.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I watched 12 Monkeys, not bad although has little resemblance with the original movie and the actor makes me want to see Bruce Willis or someone who looks more like him. It's again a back and forth in time and the desire to change the future, even though I like sci-fi I don't particularly like when they insist on the fact that the future can be changed. We've seen it in the Terminator movies, Continuum, and other shows, I rather see a show that proves time and time again that nothing can change what's to come no matter how many time machines they'll have in the future.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I guess this is where I should put this, I can't wait to see it, LMAO, I hope they reshow the whole series...EntertainmentTonight ‏@etnow · 3h3 hours ago
Oh hell yes! @SyfyTV just announced #Sharknado3: Oh Hell No! will be coming out on July 22!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Off topic -

Spunky, find the movie "Predestination" starring Ethan Hawke and watch it. I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago and I've already watched it two more times since (with friends, who also loved it)....and I still think about it a lot!

You won't be disappointed. (Don't read any spoilers beforehand!)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sanfran... I've ordered it at my library and put a hold but there are 268 before me and only 30 copies of the dvd. Hopefully it will go quickly.
From the title it seems someone believes what I believe?? I hope so...
Sure, they tell me, "but you can change it depending on which decision you make", sure enough, but that particular decision was also predestined and so what can I change, I don't even know how a certain decision will affect my future and so I can only make reasonable decisions to avoid bad consequences. A big percentage of things in our future are the consequence of unpredictable events, how can I avoid to be at the wrong time and at the wrong place? A sixth sense may alert me that something bad may happen, unfortunately most times I don't have this super sense to help me avoid a future disaster. Only after the fact we usually say, "oh, if I had left the house 1 minute later, oh if I did not have the urge to go to the store at that particular time... " The "ifs" are many but useless when all is predestined.