TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 08, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 08, 2015 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I subscribe to the premium channels, too, SFJ. I just think of the free week as advertising for them to get more people hooked on the premium channel content.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The worst part is that they often have distracting graphics on the screen during much the shows urging viewers to sign up for HBO or whatever...it's good for HBO, but annoying to me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
SFJ, I checked all the premiere channels. There are no graphics no the screens. I think you are confusing free preview days with watchathon week. Watchathon week is all the on-demand content, and that's what's happening now with Comcast.

And I am happy it's free this week. I always try to come to the board and alert everyone of the free days when they happen so my friends here at the board who don't or can't get the premium channels can catch up on some of the shows they see the rest of us raving about.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
'I think you are confusing free preview days with watchathon week."

Yes, that is the exact addlebrained thing I was doing! :-)

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Has any one watched Last Man on Earth on Fox. It airs on Sundays. I watched a mini marathon via on demand and found the show entertaining and would recommend. It's cute, funny, and a wee bit dark.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Lilfair, we have been enjoying The Last Man on Earth at my house. I would also recommend this show.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Sugar, glad to know someone else is watching. I want this show renewed for another season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am loving "Last Man on Earth". It really is funny.

Florin

08-27-2006

Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 1:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I saw a commercial a few weeks ago and I don't remember if it was for a TV series or a movie. It showed a woman who could communicate with animals did anyone else see this.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Does anyone watch Gangland Undercover? Its not something I would have thought to ever watch as it involves biker gangs. But I started watching and find it fascinating and solidly written and acted! Based on a true story.
http://www.history.ca/gangland-undercover/

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching Lizzie Bordon Chronicles. I liked it. Also " "younger" is cute.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I watched Lizzie. Not a bad story, but it bugs me that they say it is based on the historic character, even loosely. Why not just make up a name. Also, the music was so distracting, even annoying. Gosh, I'm just getting older and grumpier.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes,the music didn't fit.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Younger was annoying to me. It also sends a horrible message. I'm older than the character on the show and I know a ton more than she knows. The writers are implying that no one over the age of 27 knows anything about the real world or about technology.

What normal adult would erase her entire being from the internet just to create a new, younger version of herself. Talk about low self-esteem.

Horrible idea for a show, horrible.

I used to kinda like the actress...now I have no respect for her at all just because she took the part.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Friday, April 10, 2015 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
What is with all the re-runs? Seems almost everyone is still having them.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, April 10, 2015 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I give it a wider berth bc of the actress.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha, watching a HMC movie and one of the older cast says, "I know how to do the Google", made me LOL.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Just saw the first episode of "the Messengers" on the CW. I kept thinking of the movie "Village of the Damned" from 1960. I little too violent for me, but very done.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch X Company?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Does anybody watch Amy Schumer's show on Comedy Central? The video she made, "Girl You Don't Need Makeup", is one of the funniest things ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyeTJVU4wVo

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Bloodline on Netflix... anyone watching? I'm about 3 episodes in. Seems interesting...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch the David Letterman special? I forgot I had it and I am watching my tape and up it came. It is really funny, glad I taped it.

So far he has used the fire extinguisher on Richard Simmons, Kanye West was in the top ten and did meow, meow, meow several times....then Barry West (clutching my pearls) announced a few of them. Oh My!!

It's a clip show and it's great so far! Ray Romano is hosting, it was on CBS.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the one with "We are Family" song. They showed a bunch of his Mom, she was always so hysterical on the show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha, do they still shut down traffic an film stunt? I can't believe all the things they threw across the street, breaking windows and they just dropped a lot of stuff onto 53rd street.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 08, 2015 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have forgotten how good the old shows were, I don't really watch it now. And he sure did kiss a lot of the women guests.

Howard Stern in his gold lame, OMG, and then Lady Gaga in a strange outfit. And then Drew Barrymore dancing for Dave on his desk and flashing him, LOL. He was so young looking then, no gray hair.