TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 29, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Wayward Pines on FOX: Archive through May 29, 2015 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it had to be just a show to scare him.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's certainly an interesting show. It makes me think like they are in a giant terrarium or something like a human ant farm. Very weird.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I just didn't like the choice of killing, cutthroats nowadays are too clear and present that I don't want to see it in a fiction tv series, and American on top of that. We are already desensitized by what we see in the news, hostages ending up that, that some viewers may just get too used to that type of execution, while it's really revolting to me, so I hope some viewers got really offended, even though it's horror fiction. Don't tell me that they forgot of other type of executions the old America was fond of, like hanging, did it have to be cutthroats! eek..

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the execution was pretty brutal and turned my stomach. If there's much more of that I may have to stop viewing this one.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, May 23, 2015 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"but I will say it didnt seem like the cut to the neck squirted blood like it should have and it wouldnt have killed her instantly like they made it seem..."

I don't think that will turn out to be a plot twist or that she's still alive or anything. I think that was simply bad directing.

Fictional Hollywoodian characters always die more easily than real people in real life.

On TV, a character can be strangled to death in about 15 seconds...and I couldn't even count how many times I've seen a slit throat or a shot to the gut kill a person instantly.....but only if they are the bad guys. The good guys get right back up and keep on going....even the ones that were shot in the shoulder can still climb ladders and win against a bad guy a fist fight! (I finally finished watching "Dig" last night and that's exactly what the main character did!)

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just don't see them killing off Juliette Lewis in the second episode. I'd be willing to bet her character is still alive.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I tried to watch this and only got part way through the first episode. Is it worth it to keep watching?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I find it very interesting, unique and intriguing but then I enjoy these sorts of weird stories. It isn't for everyone so unless we know your tastes it's a bit hard to advise whether or not you would like it. The fact that you couldn't get through the first episode isn't a good sign though.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think I like it... I'll probably keep watching just because there is so little on right now.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Juliet is credited for being in all 10 eps, so unless she is a flashback every week I think that killing was fake

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I just watched the first two episodes. Definitely weird!

For my own personal pleasure, I want Matt to walk into a cafe where we see Sayid and Hurley eating burgers in a corner booth.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
It makes me think like they are in a giant terrarium or something like a human ant farm

yeah, it reminds me of the Truman Show.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, May 24, 2015 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I love that Riann, although please let Sawyer be with them. :-)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I won't be surprised to see Juliet as if she never died, it's not the first show that can manipulate time to kill off or revive a character and this show is definitely about a timeline all screwy, we already saw how the agent's wife and son were seen at the same hospital he was even before the wife decided to go look for her husband and the son agreeing to go as well. He saw them there as it will happen later on. If they play too much with flashbacks or hallucinations we'll be too confused to know what the heck is going on to care about timeline.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
So far I'm enjoying the show, but I really do need to come here to find out what's going on. I confuse easily and this type of show does not help.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
This show kind of reminds me of a show we watched in the 60s, The Prisoner. It was long ago, but I think it was about secret agents trapped in a strange village.

Horsemom2

05-09-2011

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Horsemom2 a private message Print Post    
It reminds me of Persons Unknown.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
For those of you turned off by the violence, hang in there. I felt the same way when I was reading the first book and didn't know if I could continue, but it gets better. I was as confused as all of you, but it will start to make sense soon. The books were very quick reads, once the story picked up. I'm hoping the series will do the same.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Please forgive me for being picky about this, (LOL), but Juliette Lewis does spell her name with the "ette" at the end.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Whoa! I had previously remarked that the fence surrounding Wayward Pines reminded me of the one in "Jurassic Park", but the last 2 minutes of this episode still threw me for a loop!

Now it's looking more like the colonists of the series "Terra Nova" than "Jurassic Park" but that's fine by me.

Maybe they got ahold of the time machine they had in Terra Nova and established a colony in the Jurassic past with a huge electrified fence to protect them from the dinosaurs. That would explain the weird time issues. New people arriving from their future could show up at any time....maybe Kate left home and arrived there 5 weeks ago, but when Ethan went, he simply "landed" 12 years later.

Of course, it doesn't have to be "our" past...it might be on another planet or a different dimension that's populated by alien creatures of some kind. OR....maybe they're in the distant future and the creature thingy that took the sheriff's body was just a super hairy evolved humanoid of some kind! Maybe this is all an elaborate time travel experiment or an alien abduction scenario. So many options...and they all sound like a really fun ride. :-)

I LOVE it when TV shows are as unpredictable as this one just became. At first, this did seem very similar to the premise of shows like "Persons Unknown" and "The Prisoner" and "Meadowlands" but here we are in just the third episode and it has suddenly taken a sharp left turn into Unpredictableville.

Perfect.

Dammit...I really wish they'd released the whole season all at once like Netflix does. This series is totally binge-watching material.

Oh well, I guess I'll just wait along with you guys for my weekly one hour fix. Now if only *I* had a time machine, I could jump to next Thursday and watch the next episode!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, May 29, 2015 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It was very unexpected but I don't know if I actually enjoyed it. Part of that is Matt Dillon I think, he's too "character"ish, and feels hard to empathise with.

I bet Terrence Howard will be back. Magically reappear as if nothing happened except even more psychotic. If it were all his doing the townsfolk would have killed him before.

Odd that the wife's timeline seemed to run at the same rate (a few days) as Matt Dillon's.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Friday, May 29, 2015 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
"Unpredictableville."

SanFran, that's my favorite place to visit.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 29, 2015 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I bet Terrence Howard will be back."

My first thought after the sheriff was killed was that somehow Ethan would wind up being the new sheriff.

-----

ETA - They have made a couple remarks about how Ethan would be good for the town or that the town needs someone like him, or words to that effect.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, May 29, 2015 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If Ethan gets to be the new Sheriff then he's not going to stop them all leaving... does that mean the wall stops them? Is the wall the new smoke monster?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 29, 2015 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Maybe if they learn exactly what's going on, they will no longer want to leave town. It could turn out that keeping them in town behind the big wall is actually keeping them safe. At least that's how it seems after seeing that creature abscond with the sheriff's body!

At this point there are too many directions this show could go in to actually figure it out yet, so I'm happy to wait and see what how it unfolds (but I'd be happier if all the episodes were available right now! :-))