TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 04, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: Archive through May 04, 2015 users admin

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, March 09, 2015 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the show. I thought it was very interesting to look inside her mind. Maybe I liked it because that's kinda how I think.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, March 09, 2015 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I was never on board with Alicia running for office. Especially after she has seen how the campaign is run. Eli always yelling at her and telling her what she can and cannot do, someone always telling her how to parse her words. Just does not seem like the Alicia FLorick we have come to know. I don't see how she figures to "do good" when her camp will always be after her. I don't like how she has thrown her associates to the sidelines during this campaign.

That being said, I liked the "inside her head" episode .

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, March 09, 2015 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I wasn't sure I actually do it, but I have . . . given up on The Good Wife. I'm trying not to get into anything on CBS Sunday nights. Football / sports messes up the schedule, so it's Bye-Bye CBS.

Starr

07-09-2005

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I was excited when I heard Will's voice in her head and thought he came back for a cameo... But when they showed Will & Alicia in silhouette, I thought "that's not his profile!" Darn. Sure enough, on imdb, only Josh Charles' voice is listed for this odd episode.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, Starr, I caught that too! Will has a very distinctive profile (it's that nose!), and that wasn't Will. I thought this was an excellent episode. We were laughing all the way through, the way she would imagine them all talking to her and then she'd change her approach. The bit with Michael J. Fox was very sad. When the wife asked her to pray for him, I was thinking, "Say yes, of course, Alicia!" I asked my DH (who claims to be an atheist) what he would say in that situation. He said he would say yes, of course, to comfort the person who was asking. It's not hypocritical, even if you only think positive thoughts about that person, it would be a comfort to the person who's asking you to do it.

Loved pregnant Grace sniffing glue! Hilarious! As if that would ever happen!!!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yes, that I didn't understand either, I'm also agnostic but I would still go along with the 'praying' thing because it may bring solace to the ill or dying. It's not hypocrisy, it's common decency, what would be the point in denying a comforting prayer to those who may need it.

It's also good of Alicia to let her daughter know that she's happy for her beliefs.

Tiernet

06-07-2004

Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tiernet a private message Print Post    
Enough with the election stuff lets move on...

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I really like Sarah Steele who plays Eli's daughter.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I loved Sarah Steele in Spanglish so it's great to see her on this show all grown up.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think Alicia has to lose the election. Yes, an argument could be made that taking that direction would lead to new stories... However, where would that leave Diane and everyone else? I like Prady, keep him.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
He does seem to be an honorable man.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, March 23, 2015 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I can't believe she won, thought they were going to get off that bus soon. Love Sarah Steele also, breathing some life into the show.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, March 23, 2015 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Really disappointed they had her win. Loved the scenes with Diane and Oliver Platt's character!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I think with her winning things should change a bit with the story, maybe a new spin, I don't mind the win although the process seemed so ridiculous, a moment she is losing and then she's the winner.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I feel like they're constantly trying to "change a bit with the story" so much so that we are constantly shifting and from that episode where they show how her mind works, maybe that is the whole point. I feel like the show lacks focus and it makes it hard for me to care about what happens to all of them. It's pretty bad that Bishop is my favorite character, he's consistent, at least.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Something with the show has gone awry, just can't quite put my finger on it. It is just not as entertaining as it was.

Appletalk

03-27-2003

Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Appletalk a private message Print Post    
I agree the show is not going in a direction I care to watch. I am about to stop watching altogether.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We're still really enjoying this show. The writing is so good! Bishop is one of the scariest characters on TV! He's so darn good-looking, but kind of evil and all powerful. I'm always worried that something's going to happen to Kalinda!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 12:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Great episode!

I thought tonight's episode should have been named "The Good Husband".

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
It was a great show last night. I think we can see it building up to something happening with Kalinda

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it too. Although I was thinking exactly what they did to thwart the interview by just giving the scoop to another tv channel, but the controversy about the votes that was a surprise. Although in my previous post I did say it was funny how she won, since all the polls were saying she was going to lose and a moment later she won. I guess they were thinking of this episode already... wow!
Also, I was intrigued during the episode when Kalinda faked the data and sort of got away with it... I thought, at that time, that it was going to be material for another future episode and voila', she is now in deep trouble. Although at that time I was saying, 'well, if the other party could not prove the email was not read, it's possible that it cannot be proven that she faked the data'. She was actually righting a wrong that was committed but now she is in trouble for doing it. How will she survive this?? Mmmm

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, don't give up on it yet.. . but what a waste of a season, it was all about her campaign only to come to absolutely nothing a the end of the season. Not only she resigned her post, but can't even be back to her old law firm because of the scandal of her campaign. I didn't expect her to break down and cry like that but maybe even a tough lawyer like Alicia can be broken...

About Kalinda, I guess no one killed her but she just disappears unless she turns up dead somewhere, I prefer to just make her disappear and not found dead somewhere.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Something on this show has, as the British say, gone all pear-shaped.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The other day I turned on the TV and saw that John Waters' "Hairspray" was on. Of course I wound up watching it and then I saw a face I thought I recognized. It only took a minute or two to realize it was exactly who I thought it was!

Hairspray_1009Pyxurz
Image from: http://pyxurz.blogspot.com/2014/11/hairspray-1988-page-4-of-7.html

Yep....Josh Charles (AKA Will Gardner) was playing "Iggy", one of the kids on the Corny Collins Show!

From Corny kid to Lawyer....what a great career!

------

ETA - It looks like Hairpsray was Josh's very first movie credit!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001038/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, May 04, 2015 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I actually like to see Alicia starting her own firm and only for cases she believes in... maybe we'll see the good side of justice a bit more.

Since there is only another episode I hope this new spin will be the basis for the next season.