TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 14, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through May 14, 2015 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh right. No Arya. But the rest of the season opener was fantastic. They covered a lot of territory!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I loved the show tonight.

I have to say I think I am going to enjoy the Red Woman's demise as much as I enjoyed Joffrey's. I hope it happens this season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This is a really cool slideshow on my comcast homepage today. It's the GOT characters out of costume.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow/entertainment-gameofthrones/

It's amazing how much prettier some of the girls are in real life. IN particular Osha and Gilly.

One thing that stunned me is that Jorah looks less handsome in real life!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 13, 2015 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's a fun link. Oddly enough, I think many of them look as good or even better in character.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Monday, April 13, 2015 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
Rieann, the Jon Snow dinner party was hysterical.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 13, 2015 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes that was great!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, April 13, 2015 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Oh snap.

I stopped reading the books (got too confused knowing some stuff before it is on the show). Didn't know that the red witch is going to get what's due...SPOILER? Oh well.

Still waiting for other stuff I've read to start happening, but then I heard this season will go beyond what has been written. So confusing to do both.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 13, 2015 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If you are referring to what I said about the Red Woman, it wasn't a spoiler. I have no idea if she gets her due. I was hoping. I explained earlier in the thread that I have no idea what happens in the book that this season is based on.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 1:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Great opener!

Naja, I had a good laugh at myself when I watched your link. I was startled by Varys having hair! Lol

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, April 20, 2015 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
wow and whoa, big changes from the books

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 20, 2015 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes they are really moving away from some of the plot in the books. Possibly for the better because while I liked the fifth book for the most part, the fourth one was pretty dismal.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, April 20, 2015 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
not to mention, the books have tons of characters and story lines that the show just can't cover it all

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 20, 2015 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was upset that Daenerys let the man that killed whathisname be put to death. Couldn't she see the reaction? Sometimes mercy really is what is called for. In this case I thought mercy would work best for her reign.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
yep, Naja, now we will see the results of her bad judgement

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Where were Jorah and Tyrion sailing by? I thought it was the place that Daenerys was from, but I'm hearing no from other people who watch.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They are just on route to Daenery. LOL - Sometimes it feels like the show/books are one big road trip that never ends.

The place they went through was an abandoned city. I can't remember the name of it but it is where the awful grayscale disease originates.

The difference between the books and the show is getting more and more extreme. I'm guessing that the characters will ultimately all end up in the same place (in power or dead) but the route they are taking to get them there is quite different.

Although I love the books, as I mentioned, I think that the fourth book was pretty weak so I'm not unhappy about the show changing some things. Plus the author is very involved in the show so obviously he is good with it. Now if he'd just get writing that 6th book!!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That was Valyria they were passing through. The home of the famous and rare "Valyrian steel". It was home to a long ago doomed civilzation. The stone men there are afflicted with greyscale. The same disease that Shireen Baratheon miraculously survived with only half of her face afflicted.

Jorah chose that route knowing others were too afraid to travel it, and therefore there would be less of a chance of someone seeing Tyrion, and trying to take him.

The place they are headed to is called Meereen. That is where Daenerys is.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL, I answered too slowly.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes but your answer was much more detailed. I enjoyed reading it. :-)

I didn't remember that it was Valyria and the connection with Valyrian steel. These books are so long and complicated and with so many characters they could be study pieces.

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Thanks for that answer! Was there any connection to Dany there? I seem to remember Tyrion making a comment about bringing her something from there.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I can't remember. Maybe Naja knows?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 13, 2015 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I checked my recording and Tyrion made a sarcastic comment about stopping there in Valyria to get Dany a souvenir, but it was just a sarcastic remark. Nothing serious.

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
I re-watched also. Something about her ancestrol home.

Spear

08-05-2001

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Yes, Valyria is the ancestral home of the Targaryens.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, but it was still just a sarcastic comment. They really weren't stopping for souvenirs....LOL