TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 29, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: AQUARIUS: Archive through May 29, 2015 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I read this in another thread:

"We NEED an Aquarius thread".

So....I thought I'd make your wish come true. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 11:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'll ask a mod to move our posts over to here.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 29, 2015 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Did anybody watch? I DVR'd it but was too tired to commit to watching it. Worth it? Not worth it?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 29, 2015 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
And about the music Josh - to me "Go Ask Alice" evokes the 60s so clearly.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Friday, May 29, 2015 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
It felt as if a lot was going on at the same time! Jumping from Chalres M, to the undercover cop, to David D.'s character. And what happened to Manson's lawyer in the parking lot? Besdies getting robbed and threatened, was he also raped? It looked like it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it, but I lost the the plot a couple times....LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Were they trying to hint that Hodiak's son was kicked out of the military because he was gay?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
No, I don't think because he was gay. IIRC, Hodiak's ex / son's mother got him home from Vietnam by claiming she was sick (dying?). Hodiak said when military finds out, son will be considered AWOL and will be kicked out of military dishonorably. That's what I understood. Can that happen when parent lies?

We NEED an Aquarius thread.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ok, that makes more sense. Because I am pretty sure that back then you would get court marshaled and everything else, and not just sent home.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Maybe mother and son were in on it together cuz he wanted out of military / Vietnam too?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
New show starts tonight!

http://www.nbc.com/aquarius

AQUARIUS

2-HOUR SERIES PREMIERE TONIGHT | THURSDAYS 9/8c

WATCH THE ENTIRE SERIES ONLINE TOMORROW

David Duchovny stars as LAPD Detective Sam Hodiak on the trail of a missing teen... who's gotten mixed up in the wrong kind of summer of love.

----

NBC to offer full series of Aquarius on-demand
Thursday 28 May 2015 | 11:08 CET | News
US broadcaster NBC will broadcast the first two episodes of the TV series Aquarius, starring David Duchovny, on 28 May, and will make the next eleven episodes available at its website from "binge viewing" the next day. French newspaper Les Echos writes that this is a first for a US channel, as broadcasters have held off for fear of cannibalising their core linear TV service. But given their loss of viewers to OTT channels, cable channels must adapt. NBC Entertainment president Bob Greenblatt said, "We are fully conscious of how spectators want to consume video content. They want more speed and a service they can control."

http://www.telecompaper.com/news/nbc-to-offer-full-series-of-aquarius-on-demand--1084409
-----------

I will be watching this one...the sound track is music from my teen years!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
How depressing! Back to the '60s and the Manson nightmare... spare me!!

But you want to dream? Beauty and the Beast is back, the 3 season start on June 6 !!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm definitely giving Aquarius a go. I like that they are doing more of these short series/miniseries now, although the possibility for binge watching is a bit weird, I'll probably just stick to the tv schedule. Unless the first episodes are so exceptional that I can't bear to wait!

(and you're very welcome, Miz!)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It sounds good to me. Is Duchovny's character Sgt. Sam Hodiak a real person? I mean was there a Sam Hodiak in real life?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't think so, I think the characters are all a mishmash of real ones (probably with added drama).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I read somewhere recently that the show isn't as much about Charles Manson as it is about the late 1960s. They are working on other cases that eventually lead to Manson, but during the time Manson was first building his "family". It's not centered around the Manson Family murders.

That sounds interesting to me...I'm old enough remember when the Sharon Tate murders were all over the news, but I don't remember hearing much about how the "Manson Family" came to be in the first place.

Sharon Tate died on August 9 of 1969. This series is set in 1967.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm kind of interested in it also. Funny how things like this make a lasting impact on you.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
So true....and the music of that era is the perfect touch for pulling me into a story from the late 1960s! The first few notes of "The Age of Aquarius" makes me feel like I'm a teenager again....well, until I look in a mirror anyhow. :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I can't wait to see Mulder, I mean Duchovny back on my TV screen tonight!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
It was scary living here in L.A. while the Manson gang was on the loose. It was a big relief when they were finally apprehended. And all you northerners had to deal with that Zodiac killer, too. If I'm not mistaken he was never caught. I might be misremembering that though.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Okay. I wasn't going to record this but I like 60's music and it was a fascinating time so now you've all got me to look at it. It's your fault!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I remember that time, but lived out in the canyon then with a bunch of dogs and my ex did have a black belt in karate..

I do remember the time of the Night Stalker, more like 79 or early 80s and he did hit Orange County and it was a very very hot summer when you were told to keep windows closed but.. you needed sleep. I was in Fullerton, no A/C and really hot.

I'm not a huge Duchovny fan but this sounds worth recording!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
You'll love this, Sea.

Not only did the Night Stalker (Richard Ramirez) terrorize OC and LA counties alike, but imagine my (horrified) surprise when it was revealed (after his capture) that:

1. One of the aliases he regularly used was MY legal first and last names. (!)

2. He was born in El Paso, which is where I spent the first 6 years of my life. (!!)

3. He was born 2/29/60 and I was born 2/28/58. (!!!)

Creepy!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yikes!! Well we know there is a vast difference!!

(lol.. and he clearly couldn't run as fast)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, May 29, 2015 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I am going to have trouble with this show because I have difficulty with faces (and names) and to me all the 20-35 year old men look the same, light brown hair with beards!

I enjoyed it, it was interesting, I don't really know anything about the Mansons.