TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
AQUARIUS

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: AQUARIUS users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 29, 2015Kitt25 05-29-15  9:14 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, May 29, 2015 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Right, Kitt. Characters Manson, Shafe, and one or two others all look purdy similar to me.

Mansons weren't a traditional family. It was Charles Manson and his cult which, I'm pretty sure, were only females. They were referred to as Manson family. Murder and mayhem. Read the book "Helter Skelter".

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 29, 2015 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I read Helter Skelter and other books. Recently Sharon Tate's sister wrote a book about how her mother devoted the rest of her life to keeping the gang in prison.. she went to every parole hearing..

I watched, maybe not with enough attention, but often was a little bit confused and didn't seem to be any good guys at all..

Tex Watson was involved .. mostly women in Manson's thrall..

I may keep watching but marathon watching, on't think so.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'll watch it weekly too. Probably not binge.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I thought I'd like this better than I did. I may keep watching, not sure on that. I have a FB friend who was complaining that it was not true to the time period and she used Mad Men as a comparison. She felt the characters, particularly Manson's, were almost "Abercrombie models" types. I tend to agree--they made Manson attractive when he really wasn't. I have mixed emotions about it. I will watch the next episode and see how I feel.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Disclaimer at the beginning:

"Inspired in part by historical events, this program contains fictitious characters, places and circumstances."

I'm not as crazy about it as I thought I'd be. Seems to be something lacking . . . . But still, will probably watch the whole series. Maybe it will get better.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I love Duchovny and so wanted to like this show but I don't see it happening.

AS if I'm not sick enough of hearing about Manson, some writer on NBC decides to portray the ugly short twerp as tall, charismatic and almost handsome? Seriously, NBC?

And then you have the father of the missing girl who should have punched Manson's lights out but instead is being seduced by him as well? At least the daughter had the excuse of being drugged out! WHO wrote this awful script?!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i watched a bunch of episodes today, i really like it! love the music. i was telling my husband tonight that i like this version of Charles Manson because it make it easier to understand why so many were drawn to him.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Color, what it lacks for me is heart, or something to like, someone to root for.. and yeah, I never saw Manson as that attractive and he always had wild eyes, I think.

I can hear the music elsewhere.

I'll see when the next episode airs if there are conflicts or if there is room or time for it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And others are questioning the cleaning up of Manson for this show..

http://www.avclub.com/video/aquarius-charles-manson-too-handsome-220092

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He had crazy eyes but he wasn't that bad looking. This photos was from when he was 34, so is 1968, around the time of the show:

manson 1968
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1230439/Charles-Mansons-long-lost-son-Matthew-Roberts-tells-story-Its-like-finding-Adolf-Hitler-father.html

This timeline is informative, and also has a picture of him young (and nice looking):
http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/news/heart-of-darkness-a-charles-manson-timeline-20131121

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
lol, yes, but there are pics of him without the crazy eyes, so he could turn them off!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Sea, yeah, "lacks heart" or could be described as flat?

I don't like to watch TV or movies on a small screen (computer or tablet), so I signed up on Hulu Plus. Watched the next episode. Same flatness as first two hours. I probably will watch it all. Since the two hour premier was kind of divided into two episodes, I thought they were considered first and second. No. The two hours is one episode. So if you're going to continue watching series, you start with episode 2.

Every once in a while they stick in a humorous line. Enjoy those.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
kitt, thanks for posting that timeline. interesting he was a follower of scientology. i didn't realize the Beach Boys recorded one of his song.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I think it would have been better if character Manson had been given a different name in the show. Show isn't a documentary -- "Inspired in part by historical events, this program contains fictitious characters, places and circumstances." If character had a different name, wouldn't take most viewers long to realize he was based on Manson. With different name, viewers would not be expecting so many similarities.

I've watched two (or maybe three) more episodes on Hulu Plus beyond first that was aired last Thursday. I plan on finishing it within a week at most -- or maybe less.

Akwarlord47

06-26-2007

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 5:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Akwarlord47 a private message Print Post    
I'm a binge watcher and appreciated that I could see the whole thing over the weekend. I did enjoy the series, though agree that it was disappointing that it took a different path then I expected. It did end with me hoping for a 2nd season. I enjoyed David Duchovny's role he does have some really good one liners and humorous undertones.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure I won't watch another episode.. just don't enjoy dark stuff and the characters so far, eh. And as I already said, Duchovny just doesn't do much for me and indeed in this role, he didn't, again.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Anyone else watching? Weekly or binging? I'm doing a slow binge. Few episodes today. Just started an episode, two more and I'm done.

I'm up and down about it. There's few big storylines that cover the whole season, but others come and go and that's it. Often I can't see any reason for them. Other times I'm stunned by something.

So ultimately . . .

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I removed it from scheduled programs. No time to binge. Too much tennis and other things to watch, I guess, when I'm even home. Maybe they will put out an album with the music, or list the mp3s..

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Music from Aquarius

Link

Neat site!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm watching after it airs on TV. Putting it on the DVR. I watch only because of Duchovny, otherwise I don't think it would hold my interest.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I've watched the entire thing. I felt it got better and didn't feel quite as "icky" to me as it did at first. Or, maybe I got de-sensitized. :-) There are a lot of other things I'm liking more about it. I really like the female cop, Charmaine. She's from the Vampire Diaries and The Originals. Karn or Kern, Emma's father, is a real freak.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Ken Karn / Brian F. O'Byrne looked familiar to me, but I don't recognize him from anything he's been in.

Brian Shafe (good young cop) / Grey Damon was in Friday Night Lights series.

Charmain / Claire Holt is an Aussie.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Grey Damon was also on True Blood...just a few episodes, though. His character was Kitch Maynard.

From IMDB.COM:

"Kitch Maynard is the senior quarterback at Bon Temps High School. Cocky and a ladies man, he is much like Jason Stackhouse in his younger years. He's about to break Jason's football records. He is going out with Tammy, another Bon Temps High School student. It is discovered that he is using V to enhance his athletic abilities. Jason threatens to expose him, however Kitch explains that his coach, parents, and principal all know about his V use and support it"

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0222798/bio

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Brian F. O'Byrne -- I think I recall him from FlashForward -- another show gone too soon.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, June 13, 2015 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I just finished the season. Three cliffhangers. Didn't really leave me hanging. I don't care if there's another season or not.

Noellepv

03-04-2010

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Noellepv a private message Print Post    
i really enjoyed watching the whole season. Very interesting, hope there is another season(s) up for renewal.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
There is going to be a season 2. I just don't get it.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, June 25, 2015 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Is it over?????

I'm liking it... but it is dark.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, July 03, 2015 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Every time I see the young female cop I see her in 10 years as Angie Dickinson's Police Woman...

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Her part is bigger this season.

I am watching it and liking it, though sometimes I have a hard time following it. The last scene in tonight's episode was heartbreaking.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
So was tonight the end of the season or end of show? Really enjoyed it this season more than last. Hope it isn't the end of the show. Did end tonight with the Manson murders.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 11:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm caught up as well. I have no idea if there will be a season 3, but I'll keep watching if there is.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, September 12, 2016 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I need to watch Saturday's episodes... one thing that has struck me while watching this show... is just how horrible it seemed to be during this period of time. I was just a kid 8-10 and I really didn't have a care in the world, but I didn't grow up in southern CA... so I was probably sheltered. It just seems like everyone was so unhappy.

I hope there is a Season 3...

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: