TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 30, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Once Upon a Time: Archive through September 30, 2014 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
As someone who hasn't watched Frozen (and isn't likely to soon), is there anything I should know about the new queen reveal at the end?

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
Kitt,
She has the power to make everything freeze. That's pretty much her power. She has no man either

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, she's an independent woman. Frozen is such a delightful film. I really recommend it. The snowman alone is super funny and charming and worth watching.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    

It's on my netflix list but keeps getting pushed down the list, because new (more manly :|) things appear that hubby wants to see!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
There's something for the guys too -- a reindeer bro-mance. :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'll tell him but I don't know if that would make a difference ;)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto to Brenda's last 2 posts.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Has anyone a better memory of the Snow Queen (the original Hans Christian Anderson not the Disney version)? I know she is evil but I can't recall the details of that character.

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
Olaf is the cutest thing EVER!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I'd rather see the red headed archer from Brave.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kona I expect Brave to be represented at some point.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
This just got me thinking. Even though ABC and Disney are one in the same basically, have we seen any truly original Disney Characters on this show? Or are they all the characters Disney borrowed from other stories. I can't think of any really original characters. I think Brave was created for a Disney movie, but others were not, including the Ice Princess from Frozen. I have to wonder if her name in the show will even be Elsa.

So, it's pretty easy to take the characters and turn them on their heads because they have other origins, other than Disney. So, someone like the girl from Brave doesn't have that "other" story.

Thoughts?!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I *think* I have read that the OUAT writers have said that it IS Elsa (as opposed to the original Snow Queen from the fairy tale) which has me quite confused. Elsa is NOT a villain, never was, not even close. So is all the ominous music to her entry misleading? Maybe she is not the villain but a new magic power to balance out Regina going back to her evil ways? From what I read she is going to a long term new character in either case.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Elsa is NOT a villain, never was, not even close. So is all the ominous music to her entry misleading?"

I haven't seen Frozen, but the other day I read an article where someone from OUAT said it definitely is Elsa. It went on to say that Elsa (in reference to her character in Frozen) was not actually a villain but because of a misunderstanding, everyone thought she was a villain.

I think a misunderstood snow queen who is only wrongly perceived to be evil could still work well in the OUAT world.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I just found the article I was referring to!

Now Trending: Spoiler alert – Disney has gone too far with a Frozen crossover on Once Upon a Time

<snip>

On Monday, Once Upon a Time executive producers Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz confirmed that was indeed Elsa on the finale and hinted that she will become part of the show’s upcoming fourth season.

“What we loved so much about the character of Elsa was that she was considered a villain but she never really was,” said Kitsis. “She was misunderstood. That, on our show, speaks to us strongly, that it was a toy we had to play with.”

<snip>

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/celebrity-news/the-a-list/now-trending-spoiler-alert-disney-has-gone-too-far-with-a-frozen-crossover-on-once-upon-a-time/article18639455/

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think it sounds good. Filled with potential!

Kaili

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
They like to play with stories a bit...I'm thinking she could be lost, looking for help maybe? Something taking place after where the movie leaves off?

Frozen and the characters are so intensely loved and popular that I can't see them making her mean or bad.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I agree, I am guessing that it will be a Regina centred season. Both Elsa and Regina are kind of misunderstood, tormented souls. Should be interesting. Chances are, that after a season of her Wicked sister Zelina being an enemy, Elsa might turn out to be Regina's mischievious partner-in-crime. Just speculating here.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was so sad that Marion came back. I wanted Regina to stay happy.

Kaili

08-30-2000

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
Me too, but what stuck with me from the finale was when Regina told him about the tattoo and not going in to meet him he had a line then about the timing must not have been right. I'm holding onto that line as hope that this too was the wrong timing but eventually it'll work out.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
good thinking!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It's this Sunday, people! :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
with Frozen!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, September 26, 2014 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yes! Can't wait. :-)

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
Rissa, what I remember is that The Snow Queen saw two children playing, Kai (pronounced like Keye) and Greta (it may have been Elsa). She sent an ice crystal into Kai's eye and it made his heart/emotions freeze. Then she took him off to her ice castle. Greta went searching for Kai. She met a few people along the way that helped her. The last one gave her a reindeer to ride. She found the Snow Queen's castle. She tried to get Kai to leave with her but his emotions were still ice, until she cried and it melted the crystal in his eye and he got his emotions back. Then they escaped, don't remember how exactly, and went home. Just a general overview and just from memory.