TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 14, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through May 14, 2015 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Rieann, I think you are correct, I am not watching it because I don't want to do another dead child mystery.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I saw the Australian version and it was a good whodunit. The only other one I've seen is Broadchurch last season with a deceased child so I think I will watch the American one for the actors to see how it is.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I agree, it reminded me of Broadchurch, it's a theme that is old and I may give it up, tonight the second episode, I'll give it a try but I feel it's 'same old, same old'. The actor is good and his talent seems wasted on a tv show.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think there is plenty of great acting on TV and I'm glad of it. I don't believe there is that stigma of old that TV is unworthy of movie actors talents.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I watched and enjoyed it. It's on the season pass now.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
There's a new show on USA that starts tonight called DIG. It looks to have a good cast (as many of the new shows do) so hopefully the writing will be as good.

It's a murder mystery that takes place in Jerusalem and stars Jason Isaccs as an FBI agent based there. He discovers a plot that dates back 2000 years while investigating a murder. Anne Heche is also in the cast.

I'm actually going to skip Big Bang Theory to catch this one. That's saying alot in our house, lol!

Richardgirl

08-23-2013

Friday, March 06, 2015 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Richardgirl a private message Print Post    
I LOVE Jason Isaacs~~another brilliant British actor! He deserves the lead in a good series! I DVR'd it last night and will watch it over the weekend!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, March 06, 2015 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
OUr local newspaper tv review person came right out and said to skip DIG but I have to disagree. I know it wasn't any great shakes of writing but I'm intriqued enough to watch again.

Funny how I can't stand some high-rated shows but then love the one that gets the worst reviews, LOL!! It's that way with movies for me too!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
A couple NBC premiere dates:

David Duchovny’s 1960s Drama about the hunt for Charles Manson
“Aquarius” - May 28

Season 3 Hannibal - June 4

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm amazed that they are bringing Hannibal back. I think it's a pretty amazing series but I didn't think it had enough of an audience.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, March 09, 2015 - 4:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Has anyone posted about Odsessy on NBC - first week in April...pulling for it since Jim True-Frost is in it (from the Wire)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 09, 2015 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Hadn't heard about that one.

Bates Motel and the A&E version of The Returned both return/start tonight!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Childrens Hospital starts season 6 on March 20, midnight, eastern time.

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/childrens-hospital/

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 12, 2015 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For anybody that has never watched
^^^ Childrens Hospital ^^^, its name is deceiving. It's the most raunchy and irreverent show ever. And funniest.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight on WGNA, there is a 30 minute preview of season 2 of "Salem"

The actual premiere is April 5th.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Nurse Jackie will be back for it's final season on April 12 on SHO.

One cool thing is Tony Shalhoub will be playing a doctor during the last season. He said he's on for 8 eps.

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 2:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
I caught up on Dig earlier and have been at the website since. Learned a lot things. Was doing well figuring out the clues until Emma's 14th diary entry. I am not trying to win anything and I'm not even in the game, but has anyone figured out the cell phone code?

My other question is for myself.......Do I want to spent this much time and effort on something that is supposed to be entertainment?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
attention bunheads fans-Sutton Foster stars in "younger" on TV Land channel starting Tues. Created by Darren Star of Sex And The City.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I did watch the American Odyssey, the first episode seemed very good and another gutsy series like State of Affairs but this 'gutsy' type of shows tend to end soon like State of Affairs which I enjoyed for its realistic approach while Madame Secretary felt too sugary for my taste.

I don't remember the case of the special op all dying after being called heroes, I remember hearing they died all together but in a helicopter crash and didn't hear about a woman survivor. How much is fiction in this story? Anyway, I like conspiracies and this show is not afraid to tell the tale...

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Another good one (there were several good shows on last night all at the same time and a pvr comes in handy) the A.D. the Bible continues, I was curious to see how they portrayed the killing of Jesus and this is why I watched it and I must say I was surprised seeing the strong emphasis put on the Jewish part of the killing, almost making look the Mel Gibson movie tame, while the Roman washed their hands literally of the whole killing. Unfortunately there is too much biblical nonsense with the 3 day resurrection, I was hoping for a more realistic approach, like the family reclaiming the body without divine intervention. But really what I'm hoping to see with the next episode next Sunday is how they used Jesus death for different purposes, some groups, as we saw already last night, were using Christianity to demolish the Roman empire and the persecution fueled the drive to strengthen the movement until the Emperor centuries later was the real savior of Christians by becoming their leader. In this whole story I think Constantine was the one who made it possible for this church to live on.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Spunky, I found this article that says American Oddyssey is based on Homer's The Oddyssey.

Please NOTE: There MAY be SPOILERS in this article. I saw that the article does make some specific comparisons between Homer's The Oddyssey and the TV series, American Odyssey. I only posted a small part of the article and I didn't even read the rest of it.

I haven't seen the first episode yet....so I don't know if that article is spoiling future episodes or just referring to the premiere.

Is 'American Odyssey' Based On A True Story? It Draws From A Classic

<snip>

"But while parts of this series may be inspired by real life, its actual plot comes from Homer’s classic epic poem and foe of high school English students, The Odyssey. Note the title. Odelle’s story — her name is clumsily similar to Odysseus — will have more in common with the ancient Greek hero than any real American soldiers, as she has to do more than just buy a plane ticket to get home."

<snip>

http://www.bustle.com/articles/73890-is-american-odyssey-based-on-a-true-story-it-draws-from-a-classic

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, April 06, 2015 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Oh my!! Thanks Sanfran, so it's really not a true story, the woman survivor is fiction. Well, let's hope her odyssey doesn't last 20 years like Ulysses did to get back to Ithaca.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I'm just.... speechless. Wow!! But I can see why they call it 'odyssey', if she keeps being that lucky she may survive just like Ulysses did... But what surprises me is the type of show on a network like CBS, not caring of being politically correct like Madame Secretary is for ABC.
Bravo!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, May 01, 2015 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Definitely on NBC's schedule for the fall -- Chicago Med.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 14, 2015 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Here's a link to the tv schedule for all the main networks for this fall. The link goes straight to a jpg picture from tvline.com:

https://pmctvline2.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/falltvgrid2015r6.jpg

If you want more info on the new shows there's a link at the bottom of this page: http://tvline.com/2015/05/10/fall-tv-schedule-2015-network-primetime-grid/

As usual for me Thursdays are choc-a-bloc, but the other days seem to have spread out a little bit.