TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 11, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Orphan Black: Archive through May 11, 2015 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I've been watching IFC this afternoon and reminding myself of what happened the end of last season. Can't wait for the new one!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
So glad it's back, even if it did gross me out a couple of times :-)

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Ha ha ha...Mamie....quite a few parts grossed me out too.

I thought Rachel was dead? What happened to Rachel again? I forgot.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Sara shot the pencil into her eye from the oxygen tank when they were going to do the ovary surgery.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Oh ya, right! Thanks!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I recorded all of season 2 as I lost it on my old pvr. So I have lots to catch up on.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I also thought Rachel was actually dead. When they pulled that pencil out it went a long way in... not sure it's realistic to have her go back to normal.

It's amazing how an actress can not just act the different clones, but she can act one clone acting as being another clone and you can still see it!

Odd with Elena talking to the scorpion. I felt like I was meant to read something into that but it went over my head.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Lets see, there is some parts of the brain that take over other functions a bit when there is damage to the control - That she could speak was surprising because the left frontal love controls speech to some degree as well as personality. When my mother had a stroke it only hit her in two places peripheral vision and speech, She lost one language but was still fluent in the other. So that Rachel struggles with speech was understandable, but still did not seem too damaged, I can expect her personality to change completely, it will be interesting to see how they portray this.

The whole thing with Elena was painful for me remembering how she was caged to punish her for anything, and now a closed box in the heat was even worse = 2 days in a box without water is difficult enough without heat.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 24, 2015 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My mom just loves this show so I decided to give it a try. It's so good! I am only up to ep 8 in season 1, and loving it. For anybody interested, all the eps are in on-demand so you can start from the beginning.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I love Donnie thinking he is a badass.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ha ha - they have the balls.
what is particularly interesting to me is the depth of hte shows, so much happens, that I feel sated at the end of the show, i.e. not much fluff. I guess that is why it is once a year.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was looking something up on IMDB about this show and I saw something interesting. The real life scientific consultant for this show is someone named Cosima Herter. So they must have named one of the clones after her.

I'm almost caught up. I just started ep 8 of season 2.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Do you have a favorite clone, Naja?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I get the biggest kick out of Alison :-)

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Call me nuts, but I like Elena. I am constantly amazed at what they make poor Tatiana do.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My mom warned me not to binge watch this show. She told me to slow it down. I should have listened. Now I am all caught up and aggravated that I have to wait until Saturday for the next ep, just like she said I would be .

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
lol, the pros and cons of binge watching!

Interesting about the Cosima researcher. I didn't know it was even a real name.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The actor that plays the male clones is so good in his "roles". He really creeps me out.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
The male clones seems to be dying off as quick as the female clones did in the beginning of the series.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
They need to keep them down to the few we can follow and get to know. I was surprised that Mark was offed so quickly.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
obviously the intelligence when to the female siblings, Mard did not even look at the books heck they could have had abn address and safety deposit box.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 10, 2015 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
boy, my typing is getting worse and worse.

Just saw another preview of next weeks Orphan Black. it is getting complicated. Too many Marc's I can't remember which is which. I am not sure I recovered from the one Helena murdered last week.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, May 11, 2015 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
This made me laugh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNaljgEOUwo

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 11, 2015 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL, now that's cute.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 11, 2015 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Too many Marc's I can't remember which is which."

Me neither....the only one I can differentiate from the others is the scar faced one, but I still don't even remember his name.

With the female clones, each one has a unique personality and a unique look. Sarah is so different than Helena, Cosima, Rachael, and Allison. I even sometimes forget that Helena is played by the same actress who plays Allison and Sarah and the rest. The female clone characters are as different as they'd be if they were played by different actresses.

Tatiana Maslany is such a talented actress, my suspension of disbelief is maintained for every single one of her roles in this series.

Of course the problem with the male clones might be that they wrote the story about the females being raised in different countries with different people and different environments but the male clones' story is that they were raised together as soldiers, and in the same location as far as I can tell. The soldier clones were all raised/trained to have the same frame of mind - to follow orders and carry out their mission. It makes sense that the males would be much more interchangeable in that situation.....but I do wish they'd introduce some more males that were raised elsewhere and have more notable differences in their styles and personalities.