TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Wayward Pines on FOX

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Wayward Pines on FOX users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 22, 2015Pamy25 05-22-15  7:20 pm
Archive through May 29, 2015Sanfranjoshfan25 05-29-15  2:56 pm
Archive through June 07, 2015Kitt25 06-07-15  12:37 pm
Archive through June 13, 2015Pamy25 06-13-15  2:30 pm
Archive through June 28, 2015Spunky25 06-28-15  12:28 pm
Archive through July 05, 2015Kitt25 07-05-15  8:43 pm
Archive through July 19, 2015Babyjaxmom25 07-19-15  2:46 pm
Archive through January 04, 2016Sanfranjoshfan25 01-04-16  4:27 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 04, 2016 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree totally, SFJF! My son is always asking me, "Why would they make a sequel of that movie? Sequels are never as good as the original!" Why, for more money, of course! If a movie or a TV show is successful, the PTB can't help themselves but try to back up the truck and fill it up with some more of that ready cash. Sometimes it works; more often it doesn't.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sequels or returning series are relatively safe as they have an established audience. It's all about profit. Most of the big money makers are sequels.

I didn't even watch Wayward Pines through to the end as I didn't like the direction they went. However, I found the beginning intriguing enough to start reading the books and I enjoyed the books much more.

I agree about Under the Dome as well. They should have stuck with a short series. Plus (again) the book was much better.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
The book is ALWAYS better. You can imagine what the characters look like, you can read what they are thinking and you don't have to sit and stare at a screen.

Big fan of reading. When a new movie that looks good comes out, before I waste my money on a ticket, I see if it comes from a book, or even if they've made a book from the movie. I wait and get it from the library. Money saved, enjoyment multiplied.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Mamabatsy, I agree. I never see the movie before reading the book.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, February 04, 2016 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some news on Season 2

http://tvline.com/2016/02/04/wayward-pines-jason-patric-season-2-cast/

Vickie

07-16-2004

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else watch? I should of watch the last two episodes from last season. I did know most of the people yet I felt that might of helped.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I gave up on last season but I have this recorded and I think I'll give it another try.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I did, but I was a bit lost.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've read the books. I'll say (without spoiling ... though the books were so different it probably doesn't matter) that while there were some obvious weaknesses in the premise of the books, I found the way that they resolved was more interesting than the first TV season.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was confused/couldn't remember what happened at the end of last season. My memory was that all the bad guys were killed, the remaining good/innocent people were trapped in the mountain where they keep the frozen people/supplies, the abbies were invading, Matt Dillon saved everyone by setting off a bomb, all was happy in the world but for some reason they put everyone to sleep for a while, to let it settle down???

Clearly I was wrong, as it started three years later, they hadn't learned any lessons, the young bad guys were still alive and controlling everything in much the same way as it always was and Matt Dillon's son was still on the outs.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It sounds like this may be one to skip this time. Without Matt Dillon, and with the same plot, I'm not sure it will hold my interest. :-(

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"My memory was that all the bad guys were killed, the remaining good/innocent people were trapped in the mountain where they keep the frozen people/supplies, the abbies were invading, Matt Dillon saved everyone by setting off a bomb, all was happy in the world but for some reason they put everyone to sleep for a while, to let it settle down???"

Kitt, last year, after Matt Dillon died when he blew up the elevator to stop the abbeys from getting to where all the resisters hiding in the mountain compound, the First Generation took over and put all the remaining troublemakers (AKA, the good guys) to sleep.

The final scene was awhile later and we saw a family at a picnic in the park and the camera panned back and we saw a couple of dead people hanging from above with a sign around the neck of one of them that said "Do not try to leave".

It ended with the First Generation in complete control, running the town like a dictatorship with bunch of First Generation teen nazis as enforcers....and leaving hanging bodies on display as a warning to the others to keep in line.

The good guys totally lost! There was no "all was happy in the world" ending at all...unless you were siding with the power hungry First Generation punks! :-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
" Without Matt Dillon, and with the same plot, I'm not sure it will hold my interest."

Brenda, I read somewhere that they had to keep in mind that season 1 was centered around the mystery of what Wayward Pines actually was and why the people couldn't leave. Season 2 had to have a different focus because that season 1 mystery was solved. The producers said something about it being more about the characters and that we also learn more about the abbys who are not exactly what they seemed to be in season 1.

That made me wonder what kind of structure the abbys have in their "society". We've never seen a female abby or any abby children....but there must be some kind of family structure, right?

Anyhow, I'm just hoping they came up with a decent plan for season 2, considering the creators did realize they had to change the focus of the story because season one's Big Question has been answered.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Usually when someone reminds me what happens it rings a bell, but I don't remember that at all! I remember them being put to sleep, but had somehow distorted that in my mind to be on purpose by the good guys. I'm wondering if I stopped my recording prematurely and actually didn't watch the very end!

Well that explains why the first generation are in control...! Thank you!!

I do hope they really change the focus this season because right now it does seem like the same old (crazy) thing. It might be hard to spend much time with the abbies because they seem completely wild, not just uncivilised but possibly open to negotiation, but just like wild predators. If that's the case the story has to be inside the walls or mountain compound thing, which limits it to some sort of resistance fighting the bad guys unless they all have to unite to fight something (like those abbies).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I remember the very distressing ending, because I was thinking it wasn't coming back for a second season... and I didn't like that the bad guys "won."

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
This is what I posted after the last epi, and if you look back, there seemed to be some confusion about whether it was a "season" finale or "series" finale:

Yeah, it was just a bizarre twist, where everything was going to be okay, (minus Ethan who blew himself up), and then WHAM, no transition, the First Generation has taken over and it all sucks again.

It was just weak.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"and if you look back, there seemed to be some confusion about whether it was a "season" finale or "series" finale"

They promoted WP as a "10 episode event" in every trailer they aired for a couple of months before it started.

I found the article I referred to in my post upthread a bit.

Now that I've seen the first episode of season 2, I'm hoping this article isn't just hype to get the fans of season one to watch. WP was originally intended to basically be a 10 episode miniseries....and we know that season two is based last year's ratings, not because it was a great story that was only half told.

----

Don't Worry, Newbies: Wayward Pines Season 2 Is Basically a Brand New Show

<snip>

While much of season one consisted around the mystery of exactly what the heck was going on in Wayward Pines, the big question heading into season two is, now that we know the series actually takes place in 4028, with Earth a virtual wasteland and the human race all but extinct, what's left to be surprised by? According to Patric, there's plenty. "The first season, the star was Wayward Pines...Now, the cat's out of the bag, so it is about the characters," he admitted. "It's not about finding out what happened, it's how do people then live in this environment and the pressures of it. So, I think the characters are forefront."

And don't forget about those abbies. While we may know much of Wayward Pines' secrets this time around, the genetically mutated monsters doing their damndest to get past those electric fences still offer plenty of mystery on their own. "The abbies have been underestimated," Patric teased. "As opposed to, I think people think they were some aberration, some zombie-like aberration, they're far more intelligent than that. It's going to be a struggle to survive and see who wins."

<snip>

http://www.eonline.com/news/767896/don-t-worry-newbies-wayward-pines-season-2-is-basically-a-brand-new-show

------

Here's hoping that season two is a lot more than just a clone of season one...

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hubby and I just watched the premier episode tonight. I was so confused at first, too, since last summer was a long time ago! Hubby's probably done with this show, as it was pretty silly. I'll probably stick around for a while, cause I want to see where it goes. I loved the books so much and was fascinated by the whole premise of a town in the future where everyone had been in suspended animation for thousands of years. I can't help but wonder how they sustain their resources. Who makes their clothes? Where do they get gas for those cars? That must be some immense storage closet in that mountain. And wouldn't all those things (including gasoline) deteriorate over time?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 09, 2016 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, they kind of skated over that sort of stuff last season, and I think we all decided we just had to accept there were "ways" or the show couldn't work.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching, though hubby gave up. I'll hang in there for a while.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This show just gets sillier and sillier. Not sure I can hang in much longer. Is anyone else still watching this mess?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 30, 2016 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I'm losing interest also. I watched last night, but not on recording, just had on it the tv while I was working.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: