TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 05, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Forever - Tuesdays on ABC: Archive through May 05, 2015 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The ratings continue to fall, so it doesn't look good.

Of course, part of the reason they are falling is people are anticipating it won't get renewed!

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Spunky, what good news did Henry discover on the slave ship? I keep forgetting it's on. I wish ABC promoted "Forever" like they do "Scandal" via social media.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
In the present, he discovered that the 300 slaves took over the ship escaped and lived. He had always thought they had all died and that he was responsible for it because he was caught before he gave them that key. He never knew that the slaves retrieved the key when he dropped it after being shot, and that key ultimately saved their lives.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Sunday, March 29, 2015 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Sanfranjoshfan.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 1:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
How wild was that tonight seeing David Krumholtz playing a younger Abe? It was like a "Numb3rs" reunion.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 5:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I wondered what happened to his wife?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Last night's show was very fulfilling. The mystery of his wife was solved. The last episode is next Tuesday and I think the end of a very good series. Rats!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
is the show really cancelled?
i enjoyed last night too.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's not cancelled... yet... but it might be soon. Announcements are likely to be in the next couple of weeks.

For some reason the season finale isn't next Tuesday, it's the one after, May 6th. There's no show next week.

This last episode was excellent. Good to get some resolution on his wife. This is such a special show, seems so sad if it is cancelled.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
What the heck, why not reveal to the lady detective his immortality, if the show ends I don't see why not tell her or just let her found out when he's shot right in front of her and then resurfaces somewhere else... we've seen her curiosity and suspicion from the start, just give her that satisfaction.

The show had potential... shame to let it go to waste with cancellation.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
When did this show finish taping their episodes? Maybe they finished months ago... before all the cancellation talk and didn't have a chance to wrap it up.

I heard someone on some show say that Forever is a great show that doesn't get a lot of viewers but that it does well on the DVR and Hulu... but that is probably isn't enough to save it.

That just peeves me about the networks. They FORCE you to sit home and watch their shows instead of allowing us to watch them at our leisure. When are the networks going to wake up and realize people want to watch shows when THEY want to... not when some stupid network dictates they should!!!!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, April 24, 2015 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
You mean they're cancelling the show based on 'live viewing' when most of us watch only taped shows?? My goodness! Then we may only see one season shows in the future...

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, April 24, 2015 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I was shocked when I heard that comment as well... I figured the networks took into account Hulu and DVRing.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 24, 2015 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'd guess that "live viewing" is the only type of viewing that truly matters when it comes to revenue based on the number of viewers who watch the show and see the commercials.

They know people FF through the commercials if they watch it on a DVR and the networks can't charge enough for commercial air time to keep a show afloat if the advertisers know the viewers are watching it on a DVR.

Didn't some networks sue to stop the manufacture and sales of VCRs back in the late 70s for this reason? They claimed it was a copyright issue but viewers being able to FF through the ads had to be a big issue for them, too.

I searched around and as far as I can tell, there is still no decision on the fate of Forever.

Maybe they'll cancel and then it'll be resurrected shortly afterwards...just like Henry! :-)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 24, 2015 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Bwah, I was coming here to post about skipping through commercials. I watch a lot of on demand, and some shows have a lot of commercials in them on-demand and you are not allowed to fast forward, so that should count almost as much, but they don't put the shows out there quick enough for them to count, it can take almost up to a week, which is not good for a forgetter, and some shows never go on demand at all.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 24, 2015 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's ratings are actually higher than some of the other shows ABC renews. I think the production cost in relation to ratings plays a bigger part than the ratings themselves. Heaven forbid we get any quality.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
But nowadays you can't watch tv without a digital box or pvr, vcr are gone, you need to get the digital signal only through those devices supplied by the cable or satellite companies and these devices are manufactured to pause live tv and skip commercials. I wonder how many people now used to watch with a pvr are ready to go back to live viewing and suffer through commercial you can't ff. It would be the end of tv for me. I will have to scrap cable and only share a Netflix account with my son... would save me a bundle of money. So, options are there and the networks should stop being too fussy about the technology against commercials.

Well, it looks like I get my wish with the final episode of Forever as I was saying above... unless there is still hope for a sequel and the secret stays.... secret.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 25, 2015 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Spunky I still have 2 VCR's and tape all the time, LOL.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
good for you Dipo, I hope they'll last as they may be the last ones around...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 27, 2015 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Spunky, I don't replace my electronics until they die, I guess then I will have to think about TIVO or whatever is around by that time.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, April 27, 2015 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Hang on Dipo. I also don't replace until death. My last VCR died. I can't get the fancy stuff because my TV is over 30 years old. So now I am reduced to watching On Demand which is annoying because of the ads and sometimes it takes weeks for a show to appear.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 27, 2015 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The star of the show was on Jimmy Kimmel tonight. OMG what a charming man. He is Welsh and spoke a lot of it tonight. I think he may be the only man on earth to be able to speak Welsh and make it sound like poetry. He seemed pretty happy so I am hoping it means he knows something good that we don't know yet.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 27, 2015 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That would be good! And presumably his visit was sanctioned by the network (unless he was promoting something else?) which also seems a positive sign.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 27, 2015 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, the only thing he was promoting was finale of Forever. No mention of any other show :-)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, May 05, 2015 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I swear I had nothing to do with the script... but how funny that's exactly what I was saying.. of course we'll never know if he indeed reveals all to Jo but I can guess it depends if the show is cancelled or not. There was no finality and so I hope that the show still has some hope of renewal, if not, kudos to the producers for a very enjoyable new show...