TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 07, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Elementary: Archive through March 07, 2015 users admin

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, November 16, 2014 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
He was the mathematician that worked with Sherlock (he would take his shirt off to work).

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, November 17, 2014 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Thanks.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, November 21, 2014 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Does anyone else have trouble understanding what Sherlock is saying? I thought it might be my old television so I tried the little one - just as bad - tried on demand - again just as bad. So I tried to watch online and I still cannot understand what the man is saying. I have no problem with any of the other actors. One would think an actor would have good diction but I just don't understand him.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, November 21, 2014 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Yes! I told my husband that with the new girl we now have two people we can't understand.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, November 22, 2014 - 6:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Use 'captions' my friends…problem solved.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, November 22, 2014 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Not everyone has TVs capable of captions.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, November 22, 2014 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Yep and not everyone wants to read what is happening on their TV screen.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, November 22, 2014 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
That is too bad if one doesn't have captions. It sure makes it a lot easier to follow the story…especially the British shows. I have come to rely on it because I get so lost otherwise. After 5 minutes or so I don't even realize I'm reading the dialog. It just starts to flow naturally.

Oh, and I am using the caption setting on my DVR as I'm always watching recorded shows. In fact i never watch the shows 'live' as I go to bed so early.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, November 22, 2014 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I have been wondering about this, if people record everything or watch a program on Netflix or Hulu does it count towards the numbers a show has to have to be kept on the schedule? Anyone know? TIA

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, November 22, 2014 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
LOL My TV is so old, I cannot even have a DVR. It took five service men, during three visits, to change to digital - which was forced on me. Analog was MUCH better. I hate digital. It breaks up at the worst times. The only good thing now is I get On Demand which means I can see shows that my basic service doesn't include.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, November 22, 2014 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I believe, Lazylu, that all the ways to watch shows are taken into account to get the proper viewership numbers.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, November 22, 2014 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Thanks. It was just something I have been wondering about.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the last show, so cute how Sherlock finally admitted he was keeping his protégé, can't think of her name, busy. Very nice conversation at the end.

And I like that Watson will be working with him more.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 12, 2014 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Engaged in horizontal refreshment, LMAO.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 12, 2014 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha, Sherlock got arrested for his fake murder.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 12, 2014 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, there are so many good lines in this one.

You are a romantic terrorist.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, December 12, 2014 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
It is a quality show which I enjoy very much.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, December 12, 2014 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm behind on this show but I do love it. You're right about the quality and the good lines.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 19, 2014 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Another really good show, a bit more somber. They really got me, though, at the end with all the cops there when they walked the perp out.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, December 21, 2014 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
This was really freaky to watch tonight from our DVR (two nights after the NYPD shooting on Friday, then the Florida shooting last night). Brings back creepy memories of the cops murdered in Las Vegas this past summer (while they were eating lunch, and I know the wife of one of them).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, January 23, 2015 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That show was really kind of scary last night, I was highly anxious through the whole thing, kept wanting to just put it on record and watch it at another time. I sure hope they aren't going to drag this out.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, January 23, 2015 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I just hate when they have evil characters who last episode after episode and sometimes season after season. Red John spoiled The Mentalist for me. As did Becket's mother's killer and the rapist on The closer who has now reappeared on Major crimes. It isn't necessary, it spoils the fun of a new crime every week and it's boring.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, February 02, 2015 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Sherlock and Kitty made me cry!! I just caught up with the last two episodes. What an emotional ending.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I"m disappointed that they seem to have written Kitty out of the show. I thought she added something fresh.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I hate when they worry me, this Elementary is hard to watch. I know he didn't do it but who is trying to set him up.