TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 03, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Americans: Archive through April 03, 2015 users admin

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt !

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
New season starts next Wednesday, January 28th!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Yay! I love this show.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I just hope they bring back Nina for season three. The actress who plays her is sensational. And bring back Margo Martindale as Claudia while they're at it, even if it's just for an episode or two!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
What happened with Nina? They found her out, but did they ship her back to Russia?

Reenie

06-24-2006

Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads up about this starting up again Kappy! Would love Claudia to come back!

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
The Americans is back tonight. Set your DVRs if you are not watching it live....

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Kitt, Nina's fate, as I recall, was unclear when season two ended. That's what made me nervous because it gives the writers the opportunity to get rid of the character (and therefore the actress, too).

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Looks like Nina will not be back. Who is going to win the battle for Paige?

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Ah Paige ~ I guess it depends on how much she likes the boy the pastor is trying to set her up with, lol! But seriously, 14 years old?! I don't think Elizabeth gets it that her daughter wasn't brought up in the same type of isolated environment that she was. Elizabeth still doesn't see how much she herself was manipulated. I hope Phillip wins this one.

I feel like I need to go back and at least see the final episode of season 2. I'm sorry they didn't do that like they did for Justified. It really helped my poor memory!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I agree Kappy....it has been so long that a refresher episode would be a good thing.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I really hopes Phillp wins this one, but I fear that he won't. It probably would make better tv to have a "teenage spy".

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, January 30, 2015 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The scene where Oleg and Arkady were talking about Nina seemed to indicate she might be back. Annet Mahendru was still listed in the opening credits, so that would give one hope that she'll surface in future eppys, (but they may have listed her just to keep us guessing).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, January 30, 2015 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
There's a new show coming to NBC (I think) called "Allegiance" about two parents who are spies and their home country wants them to "turn" their son to become a spy as well.

Why is that every time a good show comes along (The Americans) other networks have to try to copy it? They're using the exact same theme as The Americans (spy parents masquerading as a regular American family on American soil)....only in Allegiance the son is a CIA genius of some sort instead of the more believable 14 year old girl they want to "turn" on The Americans.

All this bad cloning of existing shows does is dilute the original premise and make it seem trite.....like The Originals and Vampire Diaries did with vampire series after True Blood became a big hit.

\Rant done.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, January 30, 2015 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I was ranting myself earlier in the week, SFJosh, about the lack of originality until I read how Allegiance is based on an Israeli drama that aired a full year before The Americans came on so who knows who the real copycat is, lol!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, January 31, 2015 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
For me, it doesn't matter which source material came first...it's usually more about which one I watched first!:-)

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Is anyone else watching. I'm a child of the 80s so I was loving the YAZ reference

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It was very strange hearing the Yaz songs, it seems like it's set so long ago but I think back to hearing Yaz and it seems a whole lot closer!

I don't know why the spy ring who manage the main couple would want them to bring in their daughter when it seems so obvious she wouldn't want to join them. Particularly as she now has a support network to turn to (her church) who could expose them all. It just seems foolish to try to turn her.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I agree Kitt about turning the daughter. She wasn't born in mother Russia and wouldn't feel any loyalty at all unless they intend to basically brain wash her which I wouldn't put past Elizabeth at this point.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Creepy watching him seduce a girl the age of his own daughter. And great acting because you could see his discomfort in the situation.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, February 20, 2015 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
It was creepy watching him seduce the girl! I think it's also creepy that the Mother would want her daughter Paige to live this crazy life! Who would put this lifestyle on their daughter?

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, February 20, 2015 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
That "Upstairs at Eric's" album was (IS) such a classic, it was nice to see it featured so prominently.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Just started to binge watch this - first nine episodes the last two days so far.... LOVED that Henry had the same Star Wars sheets I picked out in 1980/81 (and still have)

I liked Matthew Rhys on brothers and Sisters and he is even better on this show - and Keri Russell has turned up the volume in a big way since her Felicity days :-)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I just started this series today, and I completely agree with Legal. Exciting stories and it's one show I actually have to pay attention to or I'll miss something!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, April 03, 2015 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
The actress who plays Paige did a phenomenal job in this week's episode. Every scene she was in had me holding my breath, the tension was incredible!