TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 24, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 24, 2015 users admin

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Real brain surgeons think they are infallible & would not question themselves. But it makes for tv drama.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 06, 2015 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think that Amelia has always felt that she was in Derek's shadow and questioned herself - I think that was a lot of what caused her addiction problems. But it was great drama nonetheless.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 06, 2015 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Agreed. Very good show last night. Loved when the chief talked Amelia off the edge during the surgery.... Loved the Superhero stance!

Does anyone know why Derek (Patrick) is not on the show much? Is he working on a movie or something?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Derek Derek Derek!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, March 13, 2015 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
sigh...i hope he is not cheating.

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Dempsey has been rumored to want off Grey's for a few years now. We figured they were giving him more time to pursue his other interests, like car racing, but still keeping him engaged in the show for the time being. I haven't read any of the entertainment "gossip" but maybe he'll never be back as a regular.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think his mother was very ill and then passed away. I'm not sure of the time line but it could have been during the hiatus and filming of the current season. Maybe he asked to have less of a role to be with her.
His wife also just recently filed for divorce too.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Tomorrow at 7:00 Central, ABC is going to air the VERY FIRST episode of Grey's Anatomy. New current episode will follow.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 10, 2015 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Grey's Anatomy is just SO DARNED GOOD this season! Last night's episode was filled with good stuff.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 10, 2015 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Where did Derek go..... ???? I knew something was going to happen to him. Everything was too lovey dovey between them. It couldn't last. I do want Amelia and Owen to get back on track too.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 10, 2015 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I hope they're not going to kill him off. Sigh.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 13, 2015 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'll bet that woman kidnapped him! She definitely had psycho eyes (LOL!).

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 17, 2015 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed last night's episode.... Derek's scenes were especially nice. Guess he's been in a car crash, but, from the previews, it appears he survives and saves someone else.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, April 17, 2015 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I guess the question is does he survive saving someone else? Hopefully the flashing lights are simply bringing Derek home safe and sound to Meredith. But I'm not optimistic.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, April 17, 2015 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And there's always the internal injuries, where the hero is fine while they're saving someone else, then drops dead the minute it's over!

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
No spoilers, but this episode is very intense. I'm on the edge of my seat.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
sobbing

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I was sobbing too. Now that the show is over, it can be discussed. After seeing next week's previews it's pretty certain "he's not only is not only merely dead, he's really most sincerely dead".
Heart-wrenching episode. Shonda really does deaths well on this show. I'm glad she at least let Derek and Meredith be happy before she took him out.
It was frightening to watch the scenes where the treatment was wrong and Derek knew it, but couldn't communicate. Something that probably happens more than any of us care to think about.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Really?

After he initially saved the crash victims, I was relieved. Then . . . . NOOOO. Commercial.

The episode was done very well. Strange to see different doctors in a different hospital.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I read he was having some issues with Shonda so I guess she cut him like she has some of the others

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Blech. I guess I'll skip watching it.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i have quit my crying and now i am mad! why couldn't she let him live????
but i am glad that a-hole neurosurgeon got his compliance!

Geri

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Geri a private message Print Post    
I haven't been enjoying the show much this season and was about to drop it from my dvr. I am so glad I watched this episode. It was so intense, and so good. Like the good old days before everyone became whiny and entitled. It was pure drama.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Although I might be the only person in the universe who never liked Derrick, I'm glad he's gone. Didn't like him when he was a married doctor sleeping with a woman who worked for him. Didn't like him when his marriage and parenthood was all about him. He was cocky and arrogant and not a pleasant person.

I love Patrick Dempsey, but never liked his character.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, April 24, 2015 - 5:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
LOL my sentence made no sense due to spell check.
i was trying to say that i am glad that neurosurgeon got his comeuppance.