TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 26, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Forever - Tuesdays on ABC: Archive through March 26, 2015 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I just watched my recording last night, and thought the same thing.

I know in the first episode, he died 4 or 5 times, and it was too much.

But now, it seems to me he hasn't died in quite a few episodes, although he has certainly tempted fate a few times.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 12, 2015 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It's a compliment to the writing that when he stopped dying all the time it wasn't even remarkable because the stories were still so engaging.

Of course, now that I've brought it up, he'll probably get whacked next week! :-)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, February 13, 2015 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The thing about him dying is that it keeps the viewer wondering... will this one be the last one? In the sense that there is a possibility that he won't come back to life and the viewer may want to see another dying moment just to see if he does come back. When he does, there is a sense of relief but I agree that it really shouldn't happen that often. The other immortal who came back to life for two thousand years could show up a bit more but we only saw him a few times and yet he may tell us so much of his past so long ago. I guess it would be too much for the viewers who are already too puzzled by Henri's few hundred years history.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, February 13, 2015 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Here's hoping for renewal.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, February 13, 2015 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"The thing about him dying is that it keeps the viewer wondering... will this one be the last one?"

It wouldn't keep me wondering because let's face it - a dead Henry would mean the end of "Forever". It would be like Castle dying on "Castle"! :-)

However, it would be an interesting turn if Adam, Henry's 2,000 year old immortal nemesis, wound up on his autopsy table one day. How would Henry react? Would he change his behavior in some way? Would he become more cautious or even paranoid if he thought he could die at any time?

I think some revelation like would really shake him up....and the writers could always find a way to introduce another previously unknown immortal if they needed to.

This show has all kinds of possibilities and great characters...I really hope it survives the networks trigger finger. I want it to last at least long enough for Detective Jo to be let in on his little secret.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 13, 2015 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They have hired Cuba Gooding to play a limited role. Maybe a good sign?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 13, 2015 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I loved that scene at the breakfast table, I was cracking up at them.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 13, 2015 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, the breakfast scene and the one of them in the mirror, comparing how they resemble each other.

I just love this show.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, February 13, 2015 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Ohhh! That would be good Sanfran... have Adam turn up on Henry's table.

How do you kill an immortal? Cut off his head like the Highlander? Hasn't his lab assistant made reference to the Highlander? I thought he did in a previous episode.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, February 13, 2015 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Cass_cat...I was thinking that if that actually happened and Henry found that he just died of natural causes, it would be even more spooky for him!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 13, 2015 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes his assistant, who I love in this and his former role on Bones, has mentioned the highlander. I love that he, Lucas (that is his character name), is a fan of syfy and knows about all the geeky stuff.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
OK,, so if Henry really loved her, why didn't he dye his hair gray so she wouldn't look older than him?????

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Is it over? I see the next two weeks are reruns.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No, they had previews of an episode with Cuba Gooding last week. So I presume they will show it.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think there are 22 episodes this season, and we've just seen episode 17. Online they're still saying it will almost certainly be cancelled :-(. It has lower ratings than the other ABC "certains," (Cristela, Resurrection, Galavant) so it really isn't looking good. I love the show.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I wish they would just try it in a different time slot! I think it would do really well if it weren't up against seasoned favorites.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I agree. I enjoy it. It has a Castle vibe to me.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
We may as enjoy the last few episodes left on this interesting series, and this last episode was pure fun to watch, Henri goes back in time to his first death aboard the slave ship and discovers some good news but Adam is leaving him wondering about the curse and I keep wondering why the weapon that killed both of them is the source of their immortality. I guess I won't have long to wait since they'll have to tell us soon when the series ends.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
This show is interesting and i dont want to see it end!

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Would be nice if another network would pick it up, but I do not see that happening.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am glad he found out his death meant something, but I don't understand about the clock working at the end.

Next week looks like fun!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL....Marvin Gaye!! I love it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That was an excellent story about the key, adding some more closure to this show. I just hope somehow it gets picked up by cable or something.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
it's been cancelled for sure??

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't know, Texannie, I keep hoping it will get renewed.