TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 12, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through April 12, 2015 users admin

Spear

08-05-2001

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
Um, okay? I said I didn't read the books, and I've been avoiding spoilers. I was only saying that the story about his first wife wasn't "totally eliminated" from the TV series.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh no problem. I put the above in a spoiler box just in case. :-)

It just seems strange to me that they would handle it in this manner on the TV show since they mentioned his first wife earlier on. But they have made a number of substantial changes from the books.

Don't get me wrong though. I love the TV show as well as the books. I think they generally do a great job with it.

I especially appreciate everyone's comments on the earlier seasons as I didn't start watching the TV series until at least the second season (can't remember exactly) so I'm not that familiar with the early shows. I still haven't finished the fifth book either.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the clarification on Tyrion's wife from the show, Spear. I jumbled it up.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I meant to add to my earlier post that I thought Tyrion was going to kill Tywin and Shae while they were having sex. Even though I read that spoiler at the beginning of the season, I was still surprised.

I'm trying to justify my weakness of reading spoilers.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was watching a cable news show this morning, and the hosts had never watched Game of Thrones. One of them thought it sounded stupid. They described their perception of it as being a cross between "The Hobbit" and "Lord of the Rings", and that's why they wouldn't watch it.

LMAO

I imagine their twitters went a flutter with how wrong they were about their uninformed perceptions about the show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ha! I found the video. Joe and Mika.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/morning-joe-hosts-fail-to-understand-game-of-thrones/

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jason Momoa (Drogo) was on Jimmy Kimmel tonight and they did lots of GoT talk. Hopefully the video will show up soon. It was fun.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Drogo died way to early for me! He was hot!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
That clip is funny, Naja. They had no idea what they were talking about. The other lady cracked me up, "I don't like draaaaaaaaagonnnssss".

I agree about Drogo.

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Jason Momoa is one handsome handsome man! He was perfect as Drogo and I was sorry to see him go so soon too. Ladies he has been cast as the new Aqua man so chin up, lots of swimming scenes soon :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
April 12th and our long suffering for the next season will be over! Woo Hoo!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I am looking forward to it!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 30, 2015 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The season 5 trailer got leaked early by someone who recorded it with their camera at the screening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=ZMKhdDlKHNE

Dovez

08-27-2005

Friday, January 30, 2015 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
here is a writeup of that trailer with a breakdown of what revealed :

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/30/game-of-thrones-season-5-trailer_n_6571060.html

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, January 30, 2015 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the links Naja and Dovez! I'm excited.

I loved the twisted cover of Bowie's 'Heroes' for the theme music.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Starting the countdown: 45 days!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
18 days!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I keep having this fantasy that Tyrion, Daenerys, and the remaining Starks could somehow join forces and take over everything. But I suppose that would be too happy of an ending.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't think that's totally impossible. It would be a little crazy happy for George R. R. Martin though. :-)

(Just to clarify for people who haven't read the books there is nothing to explicitly suggest that in the books so the above isn't a spoiler.)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 27, 2015 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Unlike last season, this season I am going in totally blind of book spoilers, so anything I say is purely innocent speculation.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 10, 2015 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The actor that plays Jaime was on Jimmy Fallon last night, and he said his whole story line this year isn't in the books at all.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 10, 2015 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Something I look so forward to, judging by the previews, is seeing major characters get to meet each other for the first time.

It's less than 24 hours until the season premiere and I am so excited!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Same here!

Interesting how they are adding and expanding things. I can see why though.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
So happy the show is back tonight!

ICYMI here is Seth Meyers having Jon Snow over for dinner on Late Night...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BabsgCQhpu4

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Just a wee bit disappointed when Macie's name didn't show in the opening credits. Have to wait another week to see Arya.