TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 30, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Person Of Interest: Archive through March 30, 2015 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, January 16, 2015 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Twins!! I / we can wait (even a year?), but I hope Shaw / Sarah Shahi does return. I like her. She's good in the part.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I thought that by bringing in that new girl as Fusco's partner was a way to replace Shaw and you can tell they don't know how to proceed with the Shaw character, dead, alive, gone but alive and then at the end she is alive and under Samaritan total control. Wow! She may stay there even after the birth of her twins since I imagine she won't be able to be back, and so I thought it best to just kill off the character but obviously not yet, just to keep us guessing... I guess..

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I like that they left it open for a return. Maybe they can do little cameos with her over the next year or two and have the character return at some point.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched any of the episodes beginning with the one where Shaw was shot... I get the feeling they are depressing, which is why I haven't watched them... waiting for a time when I'm in the mood to watch something that I think is not going to turn out the way I want it to... not sure if I'm making sense... ANYWAY... are the past several episodes as depressing as I think they are?

I love this show and I want it to continue... but I'm afraid if the Samaritan story-line goes past this season it is going to see plunge in viewers... Please give us something to cheer about!!!! The Machine MUST find a way to start fighting back against the behemoth Samaritan... soon!!! Come on!!! This is the classic David and Goliath story!!!! Please give us some hope that Samaritan can be beat!!!!

That's what I liked about the first couple of seasons... Quick resolutions... someone to cheer for... Good guy wins!!! And Reese shoots 'em up!!!! all the while looking fantastic!!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
They were a bit sad at times, but not depressing. Looks like next week is back to the villain a week type episodes. Yay!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, February 06, 2015 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Cass... my sentiment exactly. I want the machine to start showing a come back, this Samaritan world is too nightmarish, there has to be a good opposition to evil. Oh well, as long as Finch can still walk in the open as we saw in the last episode there is still hope and the fact that they survive against all odds is a small revenge on Samaritan.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 4:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Can someone tell me who is "Claire." Finch knew her so I'm assuming she was on an earlier season, but I have no idea who she is.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
She was in the episode where Finch discovered a game was being played, orchestrated by Samaritan. The players would find hard to decipher puzzle clues around NYC, figure them out, and go to the location in the clue and find another clue. I think it started with Samaritan contacting smart kids with cryptic messages through their computers or social media or something.

I remember Finch (or Reese?) saving the girl from oncoming traffic when she was standing in the middle of a busy highway. He discovered that she was looking at a row of billboards that, when seen from a particular angle in the middle of the highway, lined up a certain way to create a message and present a clue.

Only geniuses would have been able to deduce the answers to the puzzling clues. It was all about Samaritan recruiting people into it's "army".

At the end of that ep, IIRC, one male game player was killed. (I guess it was a pass/fail, AKA live/die grading system.) The female player (Claire) was saved at the last minute by Finch (and/or Reese)...but she went ahead and deciphered the final clue at the end of that episode (instead of quitting the game as Finch suggested) and she received a message from Samaritan saying that she would now be protected.

That's how Claire became part of the Samaritan army of operatives.

That's how I remember it anyhow....my details may be off but that was the gist of it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's how I remember it as well (cough ... now that you reminded me). Good memory, Sanfran! :-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Aha! I found an actual synopsis of that episode, which was titled, "Nautilus":

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/10/01/person-of-interest-nautilus-review

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
But this one is better....

Person of Interest "Nautilus" Review: The Craziest Shell Game Ever

http://www.tv.com/shows/person-of-interest-2011/community/post/person-of-interest-season-4-episode-2-nautilus-review-141202437031/

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
That episode was late September... and I thought that we would be seeing her again... along with the other legions of the army that Samaritan is building.

Come on MACHINE!!! Kick it into high gear and find a way to fight back!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thank y'all so much!!! I had no idea who she was - but once I read SFJF's synopsis - I remembered the episode with the billboards. I was sooooooooooo clueless last night as to who she was, I thought that she must have been from one of the earlier seasons.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
You'd think that a hacker like Claire would want to work against Samaritan not for it, if indeed she and Finch had that experience where it was Finch who actually saved the girl and not Samaritan. I guess she was just another young hacker who thought it was better to join the 'big one' than the loyal one like Finch's team. But anyway, Root arrived in the nick of time to save Finch yet again.

Some channels here are re-airing the earlier seasons of Person of Interest and you can really notice the different voice Reese had in the beginning. When did he start talking in whispers and how is that better, I like the earlier voice. Also, since I have captions on I noticed they're doing a crappy job with cc, the earlier episodes cc were clear and well timed.

In 4 years they sure aged quite a bit, at least Reese and Finch.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like the show but you're right about that voice. I guess it's supposed to make him cool and mysterious but it's just annoying after a while. LOL - maybe I'll try it (no don't think so).

I also don't like the way they've got meaner after Sameen's "death". It's ugly.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Okay, are we supposed to know who that computer guy that asked Root to work for him is? He didn't seem like someone we've seen before... at least not to me... but my memory isn't the best.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I didn't remember his face at all....but that scene made me think it was probably part of the Samaritan bad guys.

IF they are bad guys, I can't imagine that The Machine wouldn't have known they are bad and told Root. I'm guessing that Root was trying to get funding from those people for the new App she created at The Machine's request.

I also think she has a plan to use that company to further her own agenda rather than actually working for them....but that company could also know more than Root realizes.

No matter what happens on this show....there is always another shoe that's waiting to drop!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I did some digging and I think I found something!

This is the guy we saw offering Root a job in this episode:
Luke Kleintank
Image from: http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1730333952/nm3312554?ref_=nmmi_mi_all_pbl_7

The actor is Luke Kleintank and his character name on POI is Caleb Phipps. In 2013, this character was one of The Machine's "irrelevant" numbers that came up (season 2, episode 11....episode name: "2 Pi R").

(This actor also plays a recurring intern on Bones - in that role he usually wears a baseball cap and has a southern accent, IIRC)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3312554/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t55

So....in this episode a previous "number" from The Machine has returned and has a meeting with Root. Last week that girl (also previously a "number" from The Machine) who joined the Samaritan army showed up.

While doing this research I happened across a review of this latest episode written by a viewer somewhere at imdb.com - but I lost the link and I cannot find that review again! Anyhow, that viewer/reviewer said that recently on POI, four individual characters who were each a "number" in a previous episode, have shown up.

That kind of sounds like things are coming together to tell a more intricate story...as if their individual cases over the past four seasons were just introductions to characters who were always meant to return to complete a bigger picture.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Interesting! Maybe we need to seek out that old episode and watch. Might be kind of fun to see a Season 2 ep.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, February 27, 2015 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Brenda1966, here's a recap of that ep!

Person Of Interest – Season 2 Episode 11 – Recap – 2-Pi-R

http://www.rickey.org/person-of-interest-season-2-episode-11-recap-2πr/190729/

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I don't know if it's the recording that somehow makes the captions all wacky, but I was watching live the other two channels airing the show and there was nothing wrong with the captions. But when I watch the taped show on the CBS channel (western time) they're just wacky, overlapping or not showing or showing at the wrong time.

Someone was saying somewhere else on these boards that they're doing something to the 'speed' of what? the show or the commercials, I didn't understand what exactly they're doing, to make the show watchable in less time?? Huh???

Anyway I have to see if it's the recording or the channel that doesn't have the right speed for captions.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Editing to allow for more commercial time.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, February 28, 2015 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm so impressed with how y'all remember all these characters from past episodes and/or past seasons!!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, March 06, 2015 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Twins! Link

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 30, 2015 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm wondering if one of the girls from last week's episode is going to join Finch, Fusco and Reese. Who knows how long Root will be gone (although I suspect not that long), and we know Shaw won't be back for at least a year. The blonde has some serious Shaw-like martial arts moves, and I would imagine the other girl (the one with all the aliases), is due a redemption story-line.

And I'm so not feeling the Reese/psychiatrist love connection. I like him with Zoey.