TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 28, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through March 28, 2015 users admin

Vickie

07-16-2004

Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Sugar if you watched the first 3-4 episodes then yes not much Maura. The show gives us Maura's change into becoming her. You don't just do that so quickly it is a process. You got much more of her as the show progressed. Can't wait for another season.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I have been watching Ken Burns The War over the past few months on Netflix. It is so intense and shows WW2 from the perspective of people in three towns in United States, soldiers, diaries and newspapers. The photos and archival film is amazing but a lot is grim and graphic--making the point that this was real life for people at the time in all its horror of war and the ethic of a whole country fighting a war. I can only watch so much at a time so its slow going but very worth it for anyone who thinks that WW2 was 'just history' and has no significance today. http://www.pbs.org/thewar/

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Friday, February 13, 2015 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
Here's a pretty good list of the 50 Best TV Series on Netflix. I didn't come across anything new that I haven't heard of, but it's convinced me to give some a try, like Black Mirror which Kitt mentioned a little while back. I like that this list shows how many seasons are available (5 out of 6 for example, Netflix doesn't show you if the seasons available are all or only part so you have to go looking somewhere else like imdb.com to find out how many seasons the show's had.) I like knowing if all seasons are available before I commit, or if I'm taking the chance that I watch and finish without knowing when the next season comes, which can be horrible :-)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, February 14, 2015 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Great list. Thanks for sharing! I love that Freaks and Geeks is on there.
Interesting that so many are British shows. I like ones that are 1 or 2 seasons.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Sunday, February 15, 2015 - 4:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I agree, Sugar, I wasn't impressed at all w/ "Transparent", either.

However, there's a new Amazon series called "Bosch" that was released this weekend. I watched the pilot episode several months ago, and thought it was really good. I'm anxious to continue watching it. :-)

Mictay

09-29-2006

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I loved Bosch! Watched it all day Saturday!!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
First season of Bloodline, new Netflix series, available starting tomorrow. Good cast including Kyle Chandler and Sissy Spacek. Set in and filmed in the Florida Keys. I will definitely check it out tomorrow. Have a feeling I will be binging.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I'll check it out.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Watched "Bosch" last weekend too! I have read all the books and always wondered who would play Harry Bosch, and I was very pleased with the series.
Binge watched it for sure!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, March 20, 2015 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm 2 parts / episodes out of 13 into Bloodline. Good one!!!! Rayburn family history and dynamics. And I love the Florida Keys setting. I wanna be there!

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
I was looking forward to Bloodline and watched the first part today... it is a good one so far. Love Kyle Chandler.

Also started in on the first couple episodes of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and it is hilarious. Tina Fey rocks. In one of the flashback scenes the cult women are sitting listening to their creepy white dude leader, and they don't show his face but I thought his voice sounded a little familiar... had to look it up on IMDB and when I saw who it was, that made me happy too :-) The theme song is funny too. Unbreakable, they alive dammit!

I also noticed Netflix has a new sound for their intro/title thing, it's the sound of Frank Underwood knocking his ring twice on the desk. Love it!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Melfie, I've been watching Kimmy Schmidt and just cracking up! I am going to have to check out who the cult leader is now.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Just checked. Love it!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Unbreakable, they alive dammit!

I CANNOT stop singing that! LOL

I love the character of Titus... Pinooooooooot Noooooooooooiiiiiiiiirrrrr!

Zippy

07-03-2011

Monday, March 23, 2015 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
DH and I watched a marathon of Bloodline this weekend, great show. I didn't really get (or like) the Sissy Spacek character. She seemed so weak and empty headed that it drove me crazy.

Color, it also made us to visit the Keys. It is so beautiful.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, March 23, 2015 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Zippy, you finished Bloodline? I just now did. When does the next season start? Yes, about Sissy Spacek and her character. Maybe that will be changing?

I've been to Key West (no other keys / cays) once in '93. If I lived in a hot clime, I'm sure I'd complain but I love the idea of it.

Zippy

07-03-2011

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
I am not sure when the 2nd season of Bloodline will come out. I am thinking it might be awhile as this one is fairly new.

I also have been to the keys but it was several years ago. I love the idea of it but can't imagine the constant heat/humidity. Would love to vacation there though.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I was there for a week. As a friend said, can take the heat but not the humidity.

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
Bloodline... all I can say about the ending is that there had better be a season two. I'm looking at you, Netflix.

Oh maybe I have one more thing to say... did the people who count the use of the F word (as in Wolf of Wall Street had so many uses of the F word, it broke some record) look into this series? I don't mind, I'm not worried that it's the decline of America and therefore the rest of civilization... just wondering because these people use the F word a lot, it's like their second language is swearing.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Friday, March 27, 2015 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Bloodline was excellent!!! I just love Kyle Chandler!!!

Also watched a documentary called Rich Hill, that was also excellent!

Smokey

07-07-2003

Friday, March 27, 2015 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I loved Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt! Great show.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 4:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I just watched the first episode of Bloodline last night, and I am intrigued! Plus, I'm a big Kyle Chandler fan, too! :-)

I recently finished Bosch, and I was not disappointed. I wish there were more episodes! I didn't realize it was based on a book series. Thanks for the info about that.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
|I like documentaries on Netflix and just finished seeing Tricked, about prostitution from the viewpoint of the pimps, cops, parents of the girls and the women themselves who live like slaves. Just watching the pimps smirking superiority over these girls was maddening!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I like the documentaries too. I watched The Short Game the other day about children golfers. I see they now have a tv show too.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, March 28, 2015 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the documentary recommendations. I enjoy those too.

If you have HBO, watch the 6 part documentary on Robert Durst. The man is fascinating, yet horrifying.