TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 16, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Mad Men: Archive through August 16, 2014 users admin

Debra

11-19-2003

Monday, May 19, 2014 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
He tried to perform oral sex on an uncover officer.
Apparently he knew that he could trust Bob.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Monday, May 19, 2014 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
He knew he could trust Bob because Bob was also a closeted gay man. Significant placement of this event, because in June 1969 we are only weeks away from the landmark June 28th, 1969 Stonewall Inn birth of the modern Gay Rights Movement--when the GLBT community finally fought back and resisted regular condoned police harassment (note that Bob was not only arrested, but beaten up).

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the mid-season finale. Sad to see Bert Cooper die, but loved the final scene with him singing and dancing in Don's imagination. Jon Hamm's silent acting in that scene was so powerful. So much emotion conveyed just through his facial expressions without a word spoken.
Loved seeing Roger exhibit some leadership and take control of "his" company again and that he showed loyalty in standing by Don.
Sally has really turned into a mini version of Betty. What a great actress Kiernan Shipka is. Hope she has a successful career post Mad Men.
Never would have thought it possible, but Pete Campbell has become one of my favorite characters. Looks like they are gearing up to have a happy ending to the series and to have all the core characters reunited. I hope so anyway. Can't believe we have to wait a year to see how this will all play out and can't imagine how they are going to wrap up the entire storyline in only 7 more episodes.
Really enjoyed the scenes of everyone watching the first moon walk. I remember what a big deal that was when I was a child and that a good chunk of our neighborhood gathered at my house to watch it together.

Cynny

06-20-2001

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cynny a private message Print Post    
I loved last night's episode. Roger stepped up. Don has a chance for a new beginning. Pete is growing on me, too. Megan finally did what we all saw coming. Bert had a wonderful sendoff. And Sally fascinates me. Great way to leave it during the much too long break.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Sally has really turned into a mini version of Betty. What a great actress Kiernan Shipka is. "

She really reminds me of a very young Natalie Wood....and more so every year.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Loved,loved, loved last nights episode!!! I really do want a happy ending for all!!!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think it's ridiculous we have to wait a year. I wished they would have just finished it this year. 7 episodes, why bother? I love this show I hate that it's ending. I

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Having to wait a year IS ridiculous. They are dragging it out for some reason.

I also want a happy ending for all! I want to see Peggy smiling! Why is Megan leaving Don anyway?

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Megan's life is now in California with a very different lifestyle from Don's. They have grown apart. It has been apparent with Don sticking out like a sore thumb at that recent party in California, and his long absences from her.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Thanks Beth!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I don't think everyone is going to get the happy ending they're looking for. I've read interviews where they say the opening sequence is some kind of foreshadowing. Not spoiling here because I don't know, but if that's foreshadowing, it's not a happy ending. It does stink badly that we have to wait a year.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I watched the last episode and thought they tied things up very well. My favorite character, Roger, did quite well.

I thought this was the last season, no?

Mictay...yes it was good; just LOVED Roger's last comment to the idiot with glasses (don't know his character's name)....when Roger said "Really?" I just lost it. Great episode, but I though it was the last of the series.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Cricket, it technically is the last season; however, they split the season in half, and the second half will be shown next year (like they did with Breaking Bad).

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Merrysea, I had no idea. Wow, wonder what they are going to do with the next episodes.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Monday, June 09, 2014 - 1:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
So what will Robert Morse do next?

Looks like the 83-yr-old Robert is keeping busy rehearsing his next stage play, as is shown in this article:
The large-scale dance ensemble for In Your Arms (July 5-13) will feature Broadway favorites Ryan Steele (Newsies, Matilda, West Side Story), Tony® Award winner Robert Morse (How to Succeed…, “Mad Men”), Carole Shelley (Billy Elliot) and Tony® Award winner Debbie Gravitte (Jerome Robbins’ Broadway) ..... This world premiere presentation of "In Your Arms" will be directed and choreographed by Christopher Gattelli, with original music by Stephen Flaherty and vignettes written by .... Christopher Durang, Carrie Fisher, ... Terrence McNally, Marsha Norman, ... (and more).
- See more at: http://info.vassar.edu/news/announcements/2013-2014/140521-casting-powerhouse.html#sthash.3W5Tq9jC.dpuf

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, August 09, 2014 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
DH and I had never seen a single ep of this show until today doing a binge watch. We are now on ep 4 of season 1.

It really starts out slow. I'm assuming it gets better.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, August 09, 2014 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Well it's pretty slow throughout.its plot driven with lots of character development and dialogue. It's different, but I really liked it. No crimes to solve, no action and no diseases to cure.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, without telling the reason why, what was your favorite season? I want to feel like I am waiting for something. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Would someone mind explaining something to me about the end of season 2? We just finished the season 2 finale.

Ok, earlier in the season there was a flashback of a pretty blonde woman showing up at Don's car sales job and confronting him that he's not really Don Draper. Then way toward the end of the season, Don disappears from his life for 3 weeks, and they show flashbacks of Don married to this blonde. But they are more like platonic married friends. It seems like she is supposed to be the real wife of the dead real Don Draper.

That whole situation is confusing to me. Would anybody mind explaining it to me without going into anything from season 3?

Or am I still supposed to not know exactly what's going on at this point?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 15, 2014 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
eta: yes I know he's really Dick Whitman, but I don't understand all these scenes with the dead Don Draper's wife.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 12:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
IIRC, she discovered that Don was using her dead hubby's identity and they got to know one another and became good friends. I think she was the only other person besides Don himself who knew his secret so she was the only person that Don could honestly "be himself" with. He also helped her financially.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 4:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes they sort of had an arrangement. He would help her financially if he could use her dead husbands identity. After a while they became very close.
Are you liking it any better Naja?

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sfj and Lakecat. Yes I'm liking it better.

The reason I asked about those scenes is because they seemed more like dreams than flashbacks to me, and I thought maybe they weren't real. Because Don seemed like he was everything he wasn't in those flashbacks. He repaired things, he shopped, he smiled, he had hobbies, etc. Now I see that it was just that he was happy.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Naja I remember feeling the same way about Mad Men, like you are waiting for something to happen!! It's a really great show!

Smokey

07-07-2003

Saturday, August 16, 2014 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Same, here. It took me awhile to appreciate it and now I absolutely love it. I think it's one of the best character study type shows out there. I love all the actors. At first, the 60s atmosphere and the cocktails and just the man-woman relationships from that time period really bothered me, turned me off. I grew up during the 60s and 70s and some of it wasn't great, so for me, it pushed buttons, but I soon got over it. I think they portray things so accurately.