TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 08, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 08, 2015 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
if it is live, they can't speed it up. Like I said, I am not as young as I used to be and found it upsetting to not be able to catch all the words in a conversation, I was thinking my mind was slowing down. I find that scary.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, I didn't mean if the show was live, I meant if I watching not as a recording. Live as it was broadcast, not a recording.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, February 22, 2015 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So, maybe this is why some photo captions are wacky... I never watch live, who could?? But if they're starting to mess with our recording as well... time to stop watching tv and go for a walk and go back to reading...

That smart tv voice voice recognition is another thing we better turn off... Big Brother is real!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Columbo with Leonard Nimoy on Me TV tonight!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I didn't see this discussed but I loved Marvels Agent Carter. The era, how it was filmed and the kick ass Peggy Carter.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Tonight's Chicago Fire almost looked like an episode of Grey's Anatomy -- heel end of a boy's skate blade well into his father's head!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hey, did anyone watch Dig? I was wondering what it was about and how it was. TIA

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Dipo ~ I was just heading over to the 'premiere' thread to ask about DIG. It's on USA and debuts tonight.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Repeat after Me is kinda funny. They have gotten so big name stars to do the gags

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, March 05, 2015 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I like Repeat After Me. Last Tuesday, IIRC, Chris Harrison was told to say something about his thyroid. Instead he purposely said hemorrhoids!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, March 06, 2015 - 12:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
and he asked the guy to accept a rose and the guy said no LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 06, 2015 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Does anybody remember the mini series "Rich Man, Poor Man"? It came out when I was in grade school, so I wasn't interested back then, and I have never caught it rerun on TV as an adult. But today I just noticed it's in comcast on-demand.

Do you think it's something enjoyable to watch today? Should I jump in?

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, March 06, 2015 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Rich Man, Poor Man is one of my favorite miniseries. I also read the book. I definitely recommend watching it. The story covers several decades, from the time the boys are young kids until adulthood. Playing Tom Jordache was Nick Nolte's breakthrough role as a young actor and Peter Strauss is wonderful as Rudy Jordache.
If you like it there was also a second miniseries called Rich Man, Poor Man Book II.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I read the book (which I greatly enjoyed for the most part) but I've never seen the mini-series. It got rave reviews and won a lot of awards.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I recommend both the book and the miniseries.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks you guys. I guess I'll give it a go. I'll start the first ep today after a couple errands. I didn't realize it was so long. It's 12 eps. All these years I thought it was the type of miniseries that aired for 3 or 4 evenings.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch American Crime? Not sure about it, but I'll give it another try next week.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Saturday, March 07, 2015 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I did, not going to invest. I liked Secrets and Lies better, and I sure do not need 2 more shows on my DVR, LOL.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RE: "Rich Man, Poor Man"

You guys were so right! I was planning on just watching a couple eps yesterday, and I ended up watching 6 eps. It was so good that we couldn't stop. Off now to start watching the last 6 eps :-)

eta: It's in Encore on-demand right now under "Miniseries".

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Glad you're enjoying it, Naja. Now you've got me wanting to watch it!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Wow ~ Rich Man, Poor Man ~ Talk about stepping back in time. I must have read that in the late '70's. And yes, I do remember everyone's reaction to the young Nolte!! If I remember right, he stole the mini series or maybe it was just the character?

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Glad you're enjoying it, Naja. I watched it the last time it was offered on demand by Encore. Resisting the temptation now because I just don't have the time.....
The mid 70's to mid 80's was THE decade of the mini-series. There are so many that are worth watching, from the historical and serious to the trashy fluff. All were grand productions with the biggest named stars of the era.

Some that remember enjoying are:
North and South
Centennial
Winds of War
Roots
Holocaust
Thorn Birds
Aspen
Lace
Scruples
Salem's Lot

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Snoops, Thorn Birds is my all time favorite miniseries! I even have it on dvd, as well as Shogun.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just wanted to do a heads up about Comcast/Xfinity watchathon week. It's April 6-12.

During that week, all of tv shows in on-demand are FREE, including the ones on premium movie channels. So if you've never seen, for example, "Game of Thrones" or "Shameless", you have a whole week to catch up all the way from season 1.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2015/02/23/watchathon-week-2015-coming-april-6-12/

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, March 08, 2015 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
And Shogun!