TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 23, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 23, 2015 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think Abraham was just itching to take some walkers out.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just noticed in the TV listings that "The Cast of The Walking Dead" is going to be on Jimmy Kimmel on Thursday night.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
cool!

Spoton

09-16-2005

Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Sanfran..thank you for the back story on Everybody Hates Chris. I was totally out of that loop! I enjoyed the musical medley of the I Hate Chris show closings. Nice work!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Interesting thing going round the interwebs. Back in the days of Dale, he quoted William Faulkner. The quote goes:

“When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight oclock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather’s and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire; it’s rather excrutiatingly apt that you will use it to gain the reducto absurdum of all human experience which can fit your individual needs no better than it fitted his or his father’s. I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all of your breath trying to conquer it. Because no battle is ever won he said. They are not even fought. The field only reveals to man his own folly and despair, and victory is an illusion of philosophers and fools.”
(from The Sound and the Fury)

The interesting thing is the words in bold are the titles of this season's episodes from S5E12 Remember through, in order, to the finale S5E16 Conquer. They also mention that earlier in Season 5 Rick got his watch back. No idea what it means, if anything.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
people amaze me, who would sit there and figure that out!! LOL very cool though!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Just caught up on the last 2 episodes and enjoyed reading eveyone's thoughts.

My thoughts on Gabriel is he feels guilty (as many have said) and wants to start a new life but cannot with the group there as they remind him of what he did, abandonding his parish when they needed him. So if he gets rid of them, he can fit into this new society and move forward. However, that said I don't think he would move forward at all even with them gone as he is as others have said, "unhinged".

When they went to go repair the power source and we saw all the walkers in the cage, it made me wonder who locked them in there and were they locked in as human and one changed and then changed them all? Who were those people? Could they have had that town before Deanna's group?

Deanna's son, just before he got ripped to shreds by the walkers said something to Glenn, I rewound it twice but still couldn't make it out. I did see the post back about about him confessing to something but to what exactly?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
He said he and his friend were the scared ones and left the others behind.
Previously, he had told Glen and the others that they lost a few of their own on an outing because the others got scared and ran off.

I think that was foreshadowing and those they left will be part of a group of baddies that goes after Alexandria.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
it made me wonder who locked them in there and were they locked in

It's possible they locked themselves in to protect them. Or, remember there was one guard in riot gear roaming free (the one that ended up killing Aidan), so it's possible he rounded them up?

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Pamy....thanks...I didn't know what he was talking about. Why can't I remember who Alexandria is, is she the one that got hurt and the guy with the mullet (can't remember his name at the moment) carried out?

Karuuna....yes, could be. I wonder if it will become part of the storyline or just something in passing.

One thing I just recalled that I forgot to mention in my first post was I was a bit shocked at Rick kissing the married woman at the party and it wasn't just a peck on the cheek, he lingered and actually looked devious. I didn't think Rick would be like that with a marriend woman.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Alexandria is the community they are living in. Tara is the one carried out by Eugune.

Re: Aidan's last words. I could be wrong, but I understood the four he was talking about were dead. He originally told Glenn that they lost four to the walkers when the four panicked. Then when he was dying, he told Glenn it wasn't the four that panicked, it was Aidan and Nicholas. His last confession (death-bed confession?), it seemed to me.

So, my impression is that those four are dead.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, the four died, at least partly because Aiden and Nicholas panicked rather than trying to help. Seems par for the course with the Alexandria people.

It's going to be a tense show tonight!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhh but do we know for sure they died or did Aiden assume they died?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they died because that walker they had strung up in the first Alexandria episode was the one they blamed for eating one (or more) of the ones who died.

There's another group of three (four?) that Deanna exiled because they didn't get along, or whatever phrase Deanna used. Those may or may not have died.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Karuuna...oh thanks...I thought Alexandria was the name of a person. LOL I shouldn't watch these so late at night, I don't retain enough. I have to though as to make sure my 8 year old is sleeping and not watching it.

I am looking forward to tonights episode. Bummer there are only 2 more episodes, when will it start up again? The fall?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, they usually start in October and February. This year though we'll have the spin-off to keep us going, starting some time in the summer.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kitt, TY for clarifying , forgot about that hanging walker

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Spin off? Hanging Walker?!!! What's that?!!! Is it with the same characters? Did I get the name right I want to look it up, I'm intrigued!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The hanging walker was from the episode when Aiden and Nicholas took Tara, Glenn and Noah out for a trial run. It wasn't there when they got to the noose thing, but they found it and for some reason they pushed it at Tara. It's the one where all the skin was coming away.

Yes, there is a spin off! Same world, but different set of people. It's set in LA at the start of the zombie apocalypse (unlike the main one that started a few weeks later, when Rick woke up in hospital). Its first six episode season starts this summer, and they've already okayed a season two. IMDb is calling it "Fear the Walking Dead" but I don't know if that's official.

http://deadline.com/2015/03/walking-dead-companion-series-2-season-order-amc-1201388983/

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/03/20/walking-dead-spin-off-series-won-t-remain-a-prequel-2792976?lt_source=external,manual

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3743822/

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was disappointed in tonite's ep. Felt they took forever to tell certain storylines..Only excitement was the end.

they never showed if Deanna believed Glenn. What about Maggie overhearing the priest...huge cliffhanger from last week and nothing this week...the ep pissed me off big waste of time!

Im over the wife beater storyline

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 22, 2015 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Deanna believed Glenn not Nicholas, she said something to Nicholas like "I see a lot of things," which I took to mean she knows Nicholas is spineless. BUT... I don't know if she's so sure that she can take the new reality that the newcomers have brought.

And she's certainly not so keen by the end of the show! I don't know what Rick is thinking, he's just not helping himself or his group by going this far this quickly. He's definitely cracked.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, March 23, 2015 - 3:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I'm with Pamy.

I'm tired of Sasha acting all crazy. Get it together already.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, March 23, 2015 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
When Did Glenn talk to Deanna? I don't remember seeing that.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, March 23, 2015 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
For me every episode adds new layers and brings new questions, I've never been bored by this show.

We never saw Glenn talk to Deanna, just Rick. But I think she knows what sort of person Nicholas is.

Rick has really gone over the edge and it seems like a huge part of it is fear for his family and how these people can endanger them.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, March 23, 2015 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Ya, I agree, Rick is losing it. The camera zoomed to his shaking hand when he was standing near the water where the boat/balloon was just before the surgeon acknowledged him.

Sasha was good friends with Noah so I can understand her losing it.

I think they saved all the good stuff/answers for the season finale next week.

What do you guys make of all the Walkers with the letter "W" carved in their heads? Also, why and who do you think that woman tied to the tree was? Was she tied there as a human for Walker bait? She seemed to change into a Walker in front of them.