TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 18, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 18, 2015 users admin

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, March 16, 2015 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I like how the TD calls Carol "Scare-ole" lol

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 16, 2015 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lostfan - I agree. It's perfect for her!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 16, 2015 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kitt, ok good ty! I was so sad they were walkers!

Terolyn, ahhh I missed that!

Kar, hmmmmmm interesting!

The more I thought about what Gabriel said the more I thought ya know what , it kinda true. I still dislike him!

Lostfan, I agree with Sanfran... Carole doesnt want to get close to another kid and lose them, too painful. You could see she started to care about this kid when sh realized he is abused....

On talking dead...Why didnt they talk about the walker that was strapped with grenade??? walkers dont strap stuff to them...someone had to dress that walker up.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 16, 2015 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He was in that uniform with the grenade before he died and turned. (Presumably)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 16, 2015 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Pamy, it's not the first time they've come across walkers in full body armor. Presumably these were folks who got in riot gear at the beginning of the infection, and then died and turned.

That's where Glenn got his body armor... from a walker (guard) he killed at the prison.

So, that's also why Glenn started yelling at Aidan to wait until he got closer, because he couldn't shoot him in the head very well because of the helmet. And then Glenn saw Aidan panic and start shooting wildly so he was yelling at him to stop, because he likely knew the grenade was there.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 16, 2015 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhhh ok that makes sense.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 12:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Spoton, at the end of each "Everybody Hates Chris" episode, they sang the "Everybody hates Chris" line. This show started airing in 2005, the year that "Everybody Loves Raymond" ended....and they used a similar name.

Here's that final line from several of the episodes:

Everybody Hates Chris Episode End Song

"Uploaded on Jul 26, 2010
I put together a small collection of different end themes used at the end of every episode. I think it sounds nice."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6KjRoIBDMo

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 12:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"The more I thought about what Gabriel said the more I thought ya know what , it kinda true. I still dislike him!"

Preacher man was being a total hypocrite! Yeah, our guys have had some rough times and done some bad things....but only when they were pushed to it by extreme circumstances....but what that preacher did was a million times worse!

Preacher man was running a food drive when the outbreak started and he locked all his parishioners out of the church while he stayed inside with all the food they had collected as they screamed outside, begging to be let in. Remember the writing on the back of the church? Stuff like "You will burn in hell!" That was evidence of his betrayal of those he was supposed to be helping. Remember when they all made a trek to some building where they had gathered a lot of the food for the drive and the basement was flooded? Preacher man freaked out when he came face to face with a female walker wearing glasses in the water...she was one of his parishioners that he had left outside to die in order to save himself.

If he's right and what he told Deanna about Satan being in that group disguising himself as the light is true, here's something he failed to mention: Satan is the one wearing a priest collar!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 5:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, good point!

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
At first, I couldn't figure out what Gabriel meant when he said that Rick's group had done terrible things. I mean they saved him from walkers repeatedly. Then I remembered that they had killed the leftover Termites/cannibals in the church after they had put down their guns and knelt on the floor per Rick's instructions. I guess Gabriel thought the group should have let the Termites go at that point, since the one Termite said they wouldn't bother the group ever again. But then Rick said that the Termites might leave them alone but that they would do the same thing to any other people they came across, so the group had to kill them. Maybe Gabriel thought they were excessively violent in killing the Termites, bashing in their skulls and hacking them up, but he didn't know what the group had been through at the Termites hands, except for what happened to Bob. But again,the group saved Gabriel from being dinner from either walkers or cannibals and he turns on them like that. Good thing Maggie heard him telling that to Deanna. I think he will meet a more gentle end then he deserves. Or maybe the group will throw him to the walkers as a fit retribution.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
But I thought Gabriel had come to terms with what happened in the church. He went specifically to the school and saw the evidence of them eating Bob. I remember him saying he needed to know. I think he's off balance and it's his own guilt coming in to play. Maybe he's afraid the Alexandrian people will find out what he did. Ricks group know he did something heinous.

Glen had run out of ammo in the turnstile door, that's where the pass the rifle came in.

I think Deanna is well aware they have done things she couldn't do, it's precisely why she wants them around. I think she knows she has to give them some control but where to draw the line is the problem. They'd be better off turning security over to them and letting them train their people.

I did have to look away at Noah's death as well, it was pretty traumatic, made worse by the look on Glens face.
Only two more!😥

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, I think it's his own guilt talking, because he can't come to terms with what he himself has done. And the miracle of the tornado and the walkers around the shed, I think to him, meant that God was still watching and that he can still be judged. So he's lashing out to try to pretend the devil is someone else, but deep down he knows it's him.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Here is my take on Gabriel: This is long and rambley and may make no sense.. but here it goes:

Gabriel was someone who was fiercely holding on to the delusion that everything was ok. I think he had justified locking up the church in mind and felt he had no blood on his hands.

Then along comes our group, they save him, take over his church and ruin his quiet, orderly life. Then to top it all off they execute people at the altar. He is shaken and shocked by the violence that they brought with them into his world.

After the church is left in ruins he has no choice but to leave with them. On the road he begins to doubt his faith, himself and loses any hope. So he denies his God and gives up, burns his collar and eats dogs and in his mind becomes what they have become.

Then the water, tornado and finally Alexandria. Here finds quiet order again, the "normal" from before the apocalypse. He looks around and there are strawberries with people telling him he is a blessing.

Now the chapter in the Bible he was reading was Leviticus, which is the chapter that is written after God deliver's Israel from Egypt. The overall message is sanctification. The tells that to receive God’s forgiveness and acceptance you should have holy living and spiritual growth. Now that Israel had been redeemed by God, they were to be purified into a people worthy of their God. It is full of rituals and ways of doing things to purify yourself. Perhaps he begins to think of himself as Israel, being delivered from Egypt (our group) into the promise land (Alexandria).

So, in his mind he is removing the evil from what he believes is Paradise.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That's an interesting take, thanks for sharing.

For me, I'm focused on the fact that he ripped all those pages out of the Bible.

So, I'm not so sure his faith has been renewed.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
But why did he tear up his bible shortly before he went to Deanna's house to warn her that Satan was among them?

Well, I just realized that I'm actually asking for a rational explanation for the actions of an irrational man! I have never understood absolute faith in a text that was interpreted and re-interpreted hundreds of years ago and must be analyzed and studied for it to make any sense at all and even then, a thousand people will find a thousand different meanings in the same passages....and even the ones most will agree on often contradict other passages in the same book.

I suppose Gabriel could have read something in it that convinced him god wanted him to destroy that bible for whatever reason.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I love reading everyone's thoughts!! This show is so intense and thought provoking!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I don't think he felt justified in locking up the church. It was the act of a coward and I got the impression he was haunted by what he did. He's been twitchy from the get go. And the church getting ruined was in the end all his fault for sneaking out and once again jeopardizing the safety of others.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The other side of the issue: what did Deanna think of him?

He came across as completely unhinged to me, but she'd have to wonder what he was talking about and whether even it was being with them that had unhinged him.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 1:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"The other side of the issue: what did Deanna think of him?

He came across as completely unhinged to me"

Me, too, and I also thought he came across the same way to Deanna....but I'll bet she'll give his wacky warning a second thought when she learns her son became a fast food treat while under the "protection" of Glen, Tara, Eugene, and Noah!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
And Nicholas... don't forget Nicholas.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"And Nicholas... don't forget Nicholas."

Nicholas is Deanna's son's buddy, right? I didn't list him on purpose...because he isn't part of Rick's group who is supposedly protecting the people of Alexandria.

When Deanna learns her son died under Glen's leadership and that Nicholas almost died, I think Deanna might start seeing Rick's group more like how Gabriel described them. When she hears Nicholas' side of the story (and I bet he will leave out his own culpability in Noah's death and his desire to abandon those still trapped in the revolving door), I think that will make her look at them in a new light (as in a bad Satan-y light like Gabriel described).

Remember, Glen knocked Aiden on his ass before that day and then, the first time they go out on a run together, Aiden winds up dead? Deanna won't blame Nicholas...she'll blame the members of Rick's group for being too violent, too wild or two "over-reactionary". (Did I just invent a word? :-))

That's just going to make any suspicions they have about Rick and his whole group appear more valid.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, Nicholas directly caused Noah's death. Whether Glenn will share that or not, I don't know.

And Aidan's death confession was that he and Nicholas were the ones that caused the death of the other four members of their community, because THEY were the ones that panicked, not the others.

And she thanked Glenn for hitting Aidan. I think she knows exactly what her son is like.

And Abraham was put in charge because one of her own people said he should be.

So, I'm on the fence about where she will go with this.

She seems pretty clear-headed, and she'll both sides. Where she comes down is up in the air. LOL

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I agree with Kar here because Noah died as well and Tara was injured. Deanna knows her son was the hot headed, careless one. Still I think she will proceed with caution. And she will be dealing with grief thrown in to the mix.

Nicholas doesn't know Aiden told Glen and I'm not sure he'll share that with anyone other than the group. I'm looking forward to Sunday when the group gets together and exchanges notes, as long as Gabriel is left out on the porch.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I was thinking about this more and I may have this wrong, but it seems that part of Gabriel's gripe was that they would put their own people first.

Well, with Noah and Tara, and Aidan hurt, it could hardly be said they sacrificed Aidan for others.

And if Glenn does tell the truth, that he was trying to save Aidan when Nicholas bailed. And then that Nicholas bailed on him and Noah... again, hardly putting their own first. Quite the other way around.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Lots of stuff going on I hope some of it gets resolved come next week. This show keeps you at the edge of your seat.

I was hoping it was Gabriel that got ate but we all know now it wasn't.

Was Abraham having anxiety attacks out there? It sure looked like it. You know that Carol isn't going to sit back and let that man beat on any woman or child so we have that to address.