TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 09, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 09, 2015 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, November 17, 2014 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I think it's just nonsense, if the whole world knows Bishop is a drug lord why don't they just arrest him, why all this footsy work with Carey, just end the nonsense. The threat to Carey's life made sense, he should have feared something like that the moment he got involved in the Bishop case.

The whole campaign for the gay guy and Alicia is becoming too comic and so out of character for Alicia who has been a 'no nonsense' character in the show, and what happened to the campaign by Castro, unless he's no longer running.

I still can't understand why it's so difficult for Alicia and her husband to just call it quit. It's ridiculous to keep up the appearance of their marriage.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, November 17, 2014 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think they must have new writers as dumb as this show has become.

Also, previous post, I meant dumb decisions not dump. :-)

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Monday, November 17, 2014 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
I gave up on the show this season from the idiotic writing, after being a die-hard viewer from the start.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, November 17, 2014 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Sad isn't it! I loved this show.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I think we now know how Kalinda leaves the show .

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, November 24, 2014 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Oh is she leaving??

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, November 24, 2014 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Mictay yes, she is getting her own show.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Sorry to hear Kalinda is leaving the show, she was good for the show. Will she be killed while trying to get proof Castro wanted Carey to lose. Why is Carey not able to denounce Bishop? Is it because he was their client? This seems a bit strange to me.
Alicia keeping up with the comic campaign is hurting the show and the law firm I think, she's losing a partner and a friend to pursue that stupid campaign instead of taking Carey's case to heart like Diana and Kalinda are doing.
She is becoming a comic figure instead of the staunch lawyer she used to be.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I am losing interest in this show. Kalinda / Archie leaving?! She was a big draw for me. Is her new show going to be network or cable or Netflix or Amazon?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'm hanging in there. I'm sure they'll get this train wreck cleaned up and back no the tracks. Well, anyway I sure hope so.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Kalinda will make a deal with the DA to testify against Bishop in order to drop the charges against Cary... then maybe she goes into witness protection or something like that... I don't want another major character to die on the show. I'm still reeling from losing Will.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I don't know that I'm waiting for the clean-up. It's going on too long. Just not keeping my interest. This whole season hasn't been much to speak of. Thought it would be more about the new firm and the old firm. Then they brought in Alicia's campaign, Cary's problems, etc. Not workin' for me.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I caught the episode the other night after having not watched this season and I was just baffled wondering how they can always manage to get a murderous scumbag like Bishop off clean but they can't save Carey. Seriously?

Kalinda, Will and Diana were the characters that drew me to love this show. One is gone so I'm sad to hear another is leaving although I can understand the actress wanting to move on. It will be interesting to see if I like her as much in a different type of role.

Considering Bishop's threats, I'm going to assume she dies. Let's hope Kooklie is right!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I watched tonight. Oh please. This show used to be good. Could be why Archie Panjabi (Kalinda) is leaving -- she's reading the writing on the page. She is to good for for what the show has become this season.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I don't understand the criticism of TGW. I think this show is better than ever! I never liked Will, so his departure (for me) only freed the writers to do more interesting and suspenseful (and often fun!) court cases rather than sticking to the tired old "will they or won't they get together" arc between Alicia and Will. <yawn> I'm SO glad that arc is over....for good.

I'm thinking that, since Archie Panjabi is leaving the show, she will get caught up in a bunch of crap surrounding Bishop and the "favor" she owes him, plus her hacking of the meta data over that unread email....and she'll run. I get the impression that Kalinda has a lot of resources because there was an episode a season or 3 back that let us know she kept a big stash of cash hidden in her apartment wall (AKA a "go bag") so she has the ability (and the connections) to leave the country and vanish forever.

I hope that she runs rather than gets killed off....I wouldn't mind seeing her return in a cameo at the every end of the series in a reunion with Carey similar to the finale of E.R. when George Clooney returned in a cameo and reunited with Julianna Margulies!

Meanwhile, this is still one of the 3 or 4 shows I always watch the night it airs instead of letting it sit on the TIVO for days or weeks like I do with a lot of other crap I watch.:-)

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
I AGREE SFJF! I love that Alicia was basically telling Peter everything she always wanted to say to him. I NEVER expected that she would kiss that guy!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
She kissed that guy out of happiness... although as soon as I saw the fellow I thought running her campaign that these two would feel chummy... but of course not with the other one still around...

It was too good to be true to see Alicia debating with her husband, the producers should have worked on that spin a bit more.

So Carey is free but Kalinda will be forever scared to be found out. However, if they could not prove the email was not read they could also prove the email was read... to base such a final verdict on a dubious email seems really too much of a fantasy.. although I rather see the whole silly case closed.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Archie Penjabi is LEAVING??? I hate hearing that stuff. Isn't that kind of spoilerish??? Now I'm going to be like I was with Downton Abbey when they killed Matthew: Oh, they're on a train! There's going to be a horrible accident! . . . Oh, they're hunting! He's going to get shot! . . . Oh, he's driving a car! He's going to crash!

Totally ruined the whole episode for me. Ugh. Now I know Archie's going, it's totally ruined for me.

I still think this is one of the best shows on TV. This past episode had my stomach in knots. I felt so bad for Carey and didn't want him to have to go to jail. Bishop is just a very bad dude. Somebody needs to take him out.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I simply cannot stand the Kalinda character anymore. If I had my wish, the character would step outside on a icy day, slip in her stupid boots, fall down, crack her noggin' and die in a dirty heap of snow. Good riddance! I am also disappointed that Cary isn't going to the hoosegow for years hopefully to be replaced by a far better actor and more interesting character.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Bjm, Archie leaving is not a spoiler. It's been in entertainment news for at least a few months. I learned it here first myself.

With Kalinda leaving and storylines lately, e.g. "Cary case" -- The Good Wife has lost me.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 12:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
While I still like the show and never miss it, I do miss the one funny/strange case a week days. I don't care who sleeps with who, but I do miss the smart comebacks and tricking opposing attorneys.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Mama, i too miss a case a week. They were so clever.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, March 09, 2015 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Don't give up on this show as yet... I think I just saw one of the best directed episodes ever. Really enjoyed it. It reminded me about the series House where the director did the same kind of story telling, very very interesting. Imagine looking at Alicia's mind and how it works and compare it to our mind, how many times our mind was working just like hers, at least I found myself in many many situations thinking just like her before a major decision. I too tried to see the pros and cons, the worst and best scenarios, anticipating a move by the opponent, but for me it always turned out to be the opposite of what I imagined, sometimes it was better than I thought and sometimes it was worst than I thought, and so what I learned is that it's good to have an active mind but then just let it go.. whatever will be will be. It's better for our peace of mind and it seemed Alicia too got it in the end. But what an interesting way of directing !! Bravo.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, March 09, 2015 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
See now, I was totally confused by the episode and kept switching channels trying to find something more interesting to watch.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, March 09, 2015 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I don't like the 'running for office' angle as I'm tired of politicians all around so I've pretty much skipped it this season.