TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 11, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Madame Secretary: Archive through November 11, 2014 users admin

Shocker76

05-24-2007

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shocker76 a private message Print Post    
Jeff Hephner from Chicago Fire.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
This show conflicts with another show I watch. Will have to watch it ON Demand.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, I'm not much on politics either, but I am really enjoying this show. Love Tia Leoni! The cast is just excellent and I like the refernces to real life past situations.

One question for those who are watching....I missed it in the pilot-----what was her relationship with George, who died in the auto "accident"?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Jeep, George, I think it was from her CIA days... and the guy who helped with the 'mercenary' forces I have a feeling they knew each other from her past missions.

On this show, she seems to find solutions to the crisis a bit too easy but it's a tv show! And the reality is just too grim that the show makes me feel better about a woman who can get things done successfully.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
They were friends. He warned her that the "accident" that killed the previous Secretary of State, the one she's replacing, was not an accident. Then he died in a one car crash. She should be looking over her shoulder.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I find the show interesting, but then I find politics interesting. Maybe not nice, but interesting.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Is it weighted toward one political party?

Christy358

07-10-2007

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Does not seem to be. More how she is outside the box of "normal politics"

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Good. I will watch it.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
You wish real life would be that easy as in the show but they're doing a better job now getting down to the constant threats, sabotage, blackmail, social media and transparency run wild and all it takes is a diplomatic solution.

Each episode ends with another 'thank God it's over' kind of feeling but we know next episode will be another challenge to solve... but I'd rather see a failure once in a while, that's what happens in real life often enough.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I agree, if she ends up solving every single thing without much of a sweat, it's going to get old. I like a hero but the job position demands failure.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, October 08, 2014 - 11:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I think it's really improving each week and I give credit to the cast for that. On top of the writing, they're beginning to gel together.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Not impressed with the latest episode... ohmygod, a young Chinese girl who wants political asylum and then wants to go back to China to be the hero for democracy over there and the Japanese flag on the Island that enrages China and on and on...and even a talk of war with China, what a crock!

Why don't they deal with the real problems... ooops, this a 'propaganda' series... feel good about America, etc...

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think you might be surprised how much little stuff goes on. Diplomacy is a constant struggle with some countries.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Oh well, I like the show except for her bratty kids, but I think most kids on TV seem to be pretty bratty lately. LOL

I also agree with Kitt, a lot of strange things go on behind the scene in the name of diplomacy and it is probably just as well that we all don't even know about it sometimes.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
But a Secretary of State would have delegated that particular case to her own Ambassador, or the respective Ambassadors of the three countries involved, I would think a Secretary of State functions would be at a higher level than what we saw on the show. Also, she would be required to do extensive travels abroad to deal with world leaders and advise her President on critical international issues.

To me this show seems more what goes on inside an Embassy than the White House...

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
The Secretary was specifically told to deal with the situation with the student personally - and that happens when certain things feel like they need to be dealt with immediately by the top person.

I hope we see more travel - it is so frequent being in and out of DC for the political appointee positions, starting with the Secretary.

and yes - regulations/laws etc do not have an end all/be all mandate when any government agency is involved..... the range of stakeholders in any situation is far and wide :-)

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i am enjoying it. i am liking all the characters, even the not so nice ones.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Are you still watching? Doesn't seem a popular discussion in here...

I actually think it's getting a bit better, however, I can't place the timing, it doesn't feel like current times, I mean, Iran??? That ship has sailed... we've got now Syria and a lot more mess around than Iran. And the Canadian link? Huh? That thing is old already... and we took care of the pipeline bombers without US help, thank you very much!

Gidget

07-28-2002

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
It's an alternate universe, Spunky.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
It's not reality it is just a story.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
LOL, you guys crack me up!!!

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
It's a fictional show, not a documentary.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, November 10, 2014 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I love this show! I know it's not reality but I love the "out of the box" solutions.

As for them dealing with "old" situations, it could be the writers platform of how this character could have handled these types of situations if she had been faced with them.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Just got to watch this week's show. I love this show, hope that doesn't mean that it will be cancelled. The acting is very good for a new show.