TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 04, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul: Archive through March 04, 2015 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL! That is hilarious, SFJ.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
SFJ, Naja -- Did either of you leave a message? I panicked and hung up!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I hung up :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Is that the number of the phone box? What happened when you called?!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Just call it, Kitt :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've tried a couple of times but i get the busy tone. Maybe they turned it off.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here's what happens, but it's more fun if you don't read this and just wait until you get through.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
It takes you to Nacho's voicemail. And it gives you the same message they played on the TV show

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Okay I will wait a while and try again, and if I don't get through I'll read your spoiler!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I just called it and I left this message:

"Nacho, this is Taco. I have the package. Meet me at the same place as last time and come alone. Don't tell Jimmy."

-----

I was afraid I would start giggling in the middle of it but I actually got through it all without blowing it.

I'm giggling now, though.

I just wish I could hear the reaction of anyone who may be actually listening to messages fans must be leaving.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL, that is so funny!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Btw, I found this at wiki:

"Nacho is a common nickname of the Spanish name Ignacio."

link to wiki

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did you notice last night we found out the origin of Saul's name? That was kind of cute! LOL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That was good!

What happened with the family? He took the money, but they didn't want him as their lawyer... did he just accept the bribe to not mention that he saw the cash?

Oh and why did he want the brother not to see the newspaper headline about him? Did he not want him to worry or did he not want him to know he was doing stunts to get clients?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I believe he took the bribe. Then when he got back to his beauty shop office, he made out fake reports of what the money was for, as if it was payment for his services.... so that if they were caught and had to tell they gave some of the money to Saul as a bribe, then he would be safe. He reported the income and has records it was payment for services.

I think he didn't want to tell Chuck about the billboard because Chuck is straight up honest and it would upset him to know Saul was being Shady.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, he certainly learnt early how to launder money!

That's what I thought about Chuck too, Saul would be embarrassed as Chuck would know it was a stunt.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 02, 2015 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought the funniest part tonight was Jimmy/Saul purposely dressing like Matlock when he went to the senior home looking for business....LOL

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I thought the funniest part was the talking toilet! LOL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought Jimmy didn't believe in his brother's 'condition,' and was just playing along, but it seems like he did believe. It's an interesting little side plot.

And Clea DuVall was the doctor, which I presume means it will be a recurring character (otherwise they'd have had a lesser known actor).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Hmmmm, I didn't think he really believed....I got the impression that Jimmy knew his brother was really awake and was just humoring him so he wouldn't freak out and get paranoid about Jimmy, too.

But who knows? This was the first time they actually addressed the validity of his brother's "condition" and/or possible treatments onscreen....and the doctor was the only one came right out and said said that there was no such condition, but Jjmmy didn;t seemed surprised at all when she said that.

What I didn't understand was how Jimmy's brother being committed for a mental evaluation would equate to his partner at JMM losing his "cash cow". How is the partner making money by keeping the brother out of psychiatric treatment?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't get that either, but I wondered if he was worrying that if the news got out that a partner was committed then he would lose clients??? Not sure.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
The reason is that Jimmy ' s brother won't demand a buyout by the firm. But if he were committed then Jimmy could (and would) force the buy out in his brother's behalf.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
And I would like to add that the firm would go broke if they had to go along with a buyout. Again, that would go along with Chuck's honest and good nature and why he doesn't want to do it. Chuck doesn't want to hurt anybody.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh I see, thanks Spoton and Naja.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 12:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
That makes sense. Thanks!

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Wednesday, March 04, 2015 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
I agree about the firm being financially hurt if it had to buy out a name partner, but there is one other consideration:

Since Chuck is a name partner, he probably also is a rainmaker. (That is, some clients will retain HH&M only because they want Chuck to handle their cases.) Even though Chuck is on medical leave right now, the firm may be keeping up the illusion that he is still working on cases, because his client list is a "cash cow" to them. This is especially true if he has institutional clients who send him all their legal work.

(There was a hint of this in the first episode, when Jimmy went to the firm to demand they buy Chuck out; while he was there one of the lawyers tried to give Jimmy a large envelope, explaining that it contained documents for Chuck to sign -- which presumably someone else drafted for him.)

If Chuck were bought out, his clients would have to be told he no longer worked at HH&M, and they might leave the firm, which also would hurt the firm financially.

On a separate note, Chuck's "allergy" (or extreme sensitivity), to electromagentic rays may be very real. In the 1980's a fairly well-known law firm in California, that specialized in eminent domain and other land use law, sued for personal injuries caused to residents of Lancaster and Palmdale, California, from a power line the State of California erected across its desert cities.