TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 03, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Outlander: Outlander - A Starz Original Series: Archive through March 03, 2015 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Okay...I haven't read any of the books.

Question - Was Jamie actually a virgin on his wedding night?

I thought it was just a joke he made when Claire asked if marrying a woman who wasn't a virgin would bother him and he replied, "Not if it doesn't bother you that I am. But then, on his wedding night with Claire, he claimed to have never seen a woman naked "this close" and he expected sex to be from the back, "like horses"...and he was also talking about his friends telling him that women didn't really care for sex and he was curious if she liked it.

He certainly did not seem like the virgin "type", but that wedding night episode sure seemed to be telling us that he actually was a virgin.

What's the scoop?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, September 21, 2014 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Never mind...I found the answer:

'Outlander': Sam Heughan on Jamie and Claire's Wedding, Nerve-wracking Sex Scenes

Meet Mr. and Mrs. Jamie Fraser.

The moment fans of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series had been anticipating since the August debut of the Starz drama finally took place on the penultimate episode: Jamie and Claire's wedding. But the occasion wasn't the product of a lengthy courtship, it was merely an idea proposed by Dougal with the sole purpose of protecting Claire from the wrath of the ruthless Black Jack Randall. There were rules, of course, like consummating their marriage to make it official — a difficult task considering Jamie's virginity.

<snip>

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/outlander-sam-heughan-jamie-claires-732878

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Sarasmiles, I am actually reading the books but you are correct, they are very long books! But, I love good books and even more when they are long books. Game of Thrones are long too, love them!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
SanFran - the books are PHENOMENAL!! Yes, Jamie is a virgin, as you discovered, but he also said, "he's not a monk." :-)

As one who has been a fan for 20 years, I LOVED the wedding episode. It wasn't exactly as the book, but a LOT was, and I am just thoroughly enjoying the adaptation. The structure of the episode was brilliant, and the added bits about Ned just made laugh.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 3:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Here in Canada on Sundays it seems to be behind you guus. Sunday was the RENT ep.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
It is about two weeks behind. US version started on Aug. 9, Canadian version started on Aug. 24.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I am enjoying this show so much. It really is like the books came to life for me. I've recorded 5 episodes and have watched 3. So for me I'm up to just before The Gathering when she saves Mrs Fitz nephew. Savouring the show and of course saving to rewatch later. I'd buy these DVDs in a snap. I did recently re read Outlander sothe stories are nice and fresh.

I think I'm going to follow Teachs advice and see about getting the unabridged audio for the winter. Not sure where I can get it for free but I plan on doing a lot of radio/audio listening over the winter doing quilting and jewelry.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Jasper,

WAIT UNTIL THE WEDDING! It was so dang good!!!

Off topic a bit -
I don't know about free for digital (like Audible), but our library has always been able to get the CDs. My problem was always that I could only interlibrary loan them for 3 weeks, and it usually takes me about 8 weeks to get through a book since I listen only 30-45 minutes per day.

The Kindle and audio version combo is $17.98 - $4.99 for any Outlander novel, and $12.99 for the audio.

However, when I was building my set, I just got an Audible membership - $22.95 per month for 2 books plus a month free. That made each audio only $11.50. PLUS - Travelzoo frequently offers memberships for only $7.95 per month for 3 to 6 months. It's only one book for that price, but that's STILL cheaper than any paperback. You can cancel memberships at any time but still access your online library or download books to your devices. We join back up whenever we want specific books, then cancel for a year or so. :-)

Just offering options...I love listening to them!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Wow. Just wow. Ron Moore actually wrote this episode, and I love how many key lines he was able to add in ("Is this usual," "Poison is the only weapon," "I feel like God Himself," "I'll thank you to take your hands," and of course, Hugh Monroe's gift of the amber). Wonderful ending to the first half of the season --- now to do another re-read while waiting for the next 8 episodes....April 4th.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
What a cliffhanger! I can see people who have never read the books going out to buy Outlander just to find out what happens next. April 4 is too long to wait!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I KNOW what happens, but I'm still planning on listening to it again. I won't have time to read an actual book until after Thanksgiving, but I can listen to my heart's content.

LOVED, loved, loved the entire series. Upon re-watching the final episode, I found the scene where Jamie is trying to find out how badly Clair is hurt to be the most wrenching. His guilt in not protecting her was etched on his face and projected so perfectly in the brutal, raw voice. Nearly broke my heart.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, October 12, 2014 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Okay, so in last week's ep (here in Canada) she got married. Was this week's disturbing ep (geez almost raped twice) the last one of the season or is there one more, since we are supposed to be 2 weeks behind the USA?

I am so shaken up by this ep, it's unbelievable. The last few minutes were almost unbearable.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
bump

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
HELP! I'm still hoping someone - anyone - can answer my question: After the wedding episode, are there ONE or TWO episodes left before the end of the season? I saw an ep last night and am wondering if it's the season finale or not. The wedding ep was LAST week here in Canada.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche, there are a total of 8 episodes in "part 1" of season 1.

Episode 7 was "The Wedding". Episode 8 is "Both Sides Now".

Season 1 resumes on April 4 (in the US) with another 8 episodes.

List of episodes with summaries:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3006802/episodes?season=1&ref_=tt_eps_sn_1

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Yes, sounds like you saw the last one. Like I said, what a cliffhanger, huh?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks SFJF & Heckagirl!!!! It felt like an end of season cliffhanger but I just wasn't sure.

That was one very disturbing ep. Yeesh.

Maybe when it restarts in the Spring, it will be on at the same time in both countries. :-)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 3:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Hang on, Mameblanche - the story REALLY ramps up in the second half! I'm just finishing up a complete re-read of Outlander, and it is so much harder this time around because I can SEE Jamie now.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Teach, not sure my heart can stand it. Lol!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
The story is SO good...it's definitely worth trying. (I may watch a few things behind my fingers, though!)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
When is this show on again?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
April 4 on showcase. I must confess ever time I see the commercial for the wedding I say no pick me Jamie pick me, lol

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
LOL, Thanks Jasper! :-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I found this promo video... and it says April 5th on Showcase. Easy for me to remember since it's the day before my birthday. (grin)

http://thetelevixen.com/2015/01/showcase-releases-two-minute-outlander-promo-for-its-april-return/

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
It's on right now -- via my TIVO! :-) I swear, I've watched all 8 episodes almost every weekend. Any time there isn't anything decent on TV, I watch an episode. I can hardly wait for my DVD to arrive so I can see the deleted scenes!