TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 25, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: House of Cards - Netflix: Archive through January 25, 2015 users admin

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Saturday, February 15, 2014 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
PS... In retrospect, I do hope none of my comments were too spoilerish. I don't think I gave away anything specific. The main take-away should be that season 2 is fantastic viewing with multiple "oh wow" and "what the f..." moments. I know from other comments elsewhere online that I wasn't alone in being blindsided more than once. Really, really enjoyed it. Well done Netflix!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am now ready for season 3 . Soon, pretty please ?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 16, 2014 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So when a whole season is released in one day, how long do we have to wait before we can stop talking in riddles?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Good question, we may need 2 sites one for those who have completed seasons 1 and 2 and those who have not. It's a new day.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I binge watched, too. Bring on the next season.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I spent all day yesterday watching. Great show, brilliant acting, brilliant directing.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Can't we discuss the show?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Here is what I posted in the Questions to the Moderators thread regarding spoiling at TVCH:

The guidelines for spoilers at TVCH are located here:

https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file=/2710/4882185.html&lm=1195508452

The main point is once it is available to view on the American East Coast from an official legitimate source then it is no longer considered a spoiler.

So to answer your question, once it is available to be viewed, then people can discuss it in the show thread. We have to accept that people will be watching a complete series at different speeds.

If there is enough interest, people could create separate threads for each episode or season (I think people did that when reading Harry Potter and created separate threads for a series of chapters) but the key is there has to be enough interest. We could set up a folder for the show that could contain separate show threads but even then there are no absolute guarantees. Let us know if you would like that.

Finally to reiterate, as we all know, with the Internet there are few guarantees. Every time you go online there is always a chance that you may be spoiled.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
I guess the other thing we could have done is to put our comments in spoiler boxes so people would have the option of reading or not, but at this point, I say it's all fair game. I've watched and re-watched; currently on my third viewing and wanting badly to hear from others as to what they thought of it. Did season 2 live up to your expectations? Did things play out as you thought they would? Favorite scenes? Favorite lines?

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, February 17, 2014 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Jimmer!

I am going to have to rewatch again to catch the little nuances, but I was amazed at how quickly the prez was impeached/resigned.

I liked Francis better as Whip than as VP. I guess I liked S1 better than S2.

Loved Claire's clothes.

Claire andvFrancis are soulless.

Felt sorry for Stabler. He was one of my favorite characters.

I thought the newspaper guy (name?) was a chump for trying to expose Francis. Sometimes you have to accept that you can't win.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Just finished season 2....... Oh my!! Now what do I watch?!! Can't wait for season 3!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There is one thing that has so struck me. The actress who plays Catherine Durant (Secretary of State) is so good. I mean think about it....99.99% of her scenes are just from sitting on a couch, yet we notice her. Now that's a good actress. (Us "Criminal Minds" fans already love her, but this is icing on the cake for us)

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am going back to season 1......In watching this I realized that I had inadvertently overlooked something that Frank did with the poor dog in the first 5 minutes. An act that shows his logic/lack of integrity.
Watching while knowing what is going "to happen" helps me pick up on little things. In the first episode I never really looked at the "face" of the girl in the car with Russo when he was stopped by the police. When that "face" appeared again later my first thought was that he would have remembered her so it was not the same person. Wrong !!

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 2:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Agree. The SOS carries herself well. I may have to rewatch as well.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Marameko sooo true! Since I finished season 2 I may just rewatch season 1 too! I cannot get over how much I love Robyn Wright in this show!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I remember Jayne Atkinson (Catherine Durant) from TV series Parenthood 1990-1991. Parenthood is good now and I loved it 20 years ago. Not so many did though.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Jayne Atkinson / SOS is married to Michael Gill / the President.

Holly

07-21-2001

Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Strange, I usually like Robin Wright in anything she does but I just.don't.like.her. in this role. Maybe it's because she has an evil stripe running through her. Malicious and manipulative is Mrs. Underwood. Uggghhh.

Also, I don't like the short hair on her. Too 'manly' looking on her--she's too tall and not petite enough for that pixie haircut.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, April 14, 2014 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've never been a big Robin Wright fan and perhaps it's just that I haven't seen enough of her work, but she impresses me in this show. She's SO cold. Ice princess.

I enjoyed season 2 and yes was surprised by the 3some. WTH? It's interesting to watch how self-serving they all are. And yes, the SOS is just an amazing actress. So few scenes but such presence.

Can't wait for season 3. What does he want to do as Pres? It is just being able to say he's been there?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, April 14, 2014 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
IIRC, I heard recently that season 3 isn't until mid to fall next year -- 2015?!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's really a shame, too. They got over 11 Mil in tax breaks for filming in Maryland, but they decided extort more by threatening to leave filming in the state unless they get 3.5 Million more.

This show has made many people rich, or should I say "richer", but they seem to have to push it to the ledge. True to the Frances Underwood character.

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We're really "late to this dance" as we don't subscribe to Netflix so waited until it came out on Blu-ray to watch it. Guess it's taken us a couple of weeks, including a marathon of several episodes last night, to get through the first two seasons. Love it! Having worked in the Federal government for 16 years in DC out of my 42 year Federal service career it was fun to watch. Certainly there isn't all the drama, at least not known or visible to a mid-level like I was, but some of the underlying negotiations, pressure, and politics are very familiar. I rarely dealt with Congressmen or Senators at my level but got to know and work with their staffers a lot. The staffers do most of the day-to-day business, some are good to work with some not so much. Can't wait for next season and we're even thinking of subscribing to Netflix.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Mack, when were you working in DC? I know couple people who work/ed for the government at various times -- in the OMB, West Wing, and Commissioner of the IRS, (etc?). You might have heard of one or both of them -- Mark Everson and his wife Nanette Everson. Recognize names? Know them?

Yes, subscribe to Netflix.

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Sorry I don't recognize the names but of course there are something like 600,000 or more Federal employees in and around DC. Personally I worked in the Pentagon for the Army from 1987 until 2003. After surviving the September 11 attacks my wife and I sought and eventually got transfers to San Antonio to help set up a new regional headquarters. A step down in some ways from the high paced sometimes high pressure DC environment but a huge increase in the quality of life. It was fun, sometimes in retrospect, to be at the center of the action and there are times I miss it but I retired in 2008 and now live that life vicariously through my wife who still works for the Army.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Mark and Nanette came to Chicago from DC in '89 where they had both worked for the government. Nanette was an attorney. I was her sec'y '89 - '90. Then I asked for a change. Did NOT enjoy working for Nanette. (So I met / talked with her husband Mark during that year.) After a few years, his job took them to Turkey and France. Gone from the U.S. for a number of years. Then back to DC and government work. Nanette in the West Wing and Mark . . . George W. appointed him Commissioner of the IRS. If you're interested -- google him. After the IRS, he made national news.