TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Returned - American Version (on A...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Returned: The Returned - American Version (on A&E) users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thread for the American version of this show which starts March 9th.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, March 09, 2015 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
and it is March 9TH.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching the first 2 eps, and I was pretty happy to to see that they kept it almost exactly like the French version. The mood and music aren't quite as creepy, though.

I really enjoyed it. It was interesting comparing things. And for anybody thinking this is just like "Resurrection", believe me, it's not. This is so much better.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch the French version but I did really enjoy the one last night. I am going to catch the second episode on demand.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It was almost like watching a rerun, it was so much like the French version. It was almost scene for scene, line for line (except with subtitles). Not sure I can stick with it, cause I feel like I've seen it all before. I do love Kevin Alejandro, though.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought the French version did a better job of getting 2 girls that actually looked like they could have been twins at different ages. (Lena and Camille)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, March 21, 2015 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It is weird isn't it, watching something so similar? I kind of feel right now I'm only watching it to remind myself because I want to know what happens in season two.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, March 23, 2015 - 3:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
French was better. Gave up ten minutes in

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me too, Rehtse. I liked the French version much better too. Couldn't watch this one at all. I hope the French one comes back with new episodes.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I hear that the new one may come later this year...dare I hope?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Do you mean season 2 of the French version? This is the American version thread, but they say the French version will air in France and its surrounding area in the fall. No one is sure when it will air on Sundance in the US. But I am sure it will be available at the usual places (torrents and usenet) for download at the same time if anybody doesn't want to wait :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Another change I noticed is they changed Adele's name to "Rowan". That's an odd change to me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 13, 2015 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am just a few minutes into the new ep "Lucy" and I see they changed another thing. In the original, Lucy's stab wounds healed ridiculously fast, and they showed it almost healed with scarring. But in this version, her stab wounds completely disappeared, without even any scars.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 13, 2015 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't really get why Lena has that wound appearing on her back, but my guess is that since Lena and Camille are twins and can sometimes feel what the other feels, maybe Lena's wound is what happened to Camille in the bus accident?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm behind, but yes in epi 3 or 4 (that I just watched), they have Lena flashback to when she went to see her sister's body in the morgue, and the dead Camille had that same gash in her back. The woman that brought her in said they thought some part of the bus went into her back.

So, it is identical.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah! I had completely forgotten about the autopsy. Thanks.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
The scene in the graveyard where the guy thought he saw his (brother? Friend?) Firing the gun at him, then realized he was holding it to his own head....super creepy! That little Henry sure can mess with people.
I love this show. Didn't see the French version so I am not burdened by comparisons. I really have no idea where it is going. (And please don't tell me if you already know!)

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't feel burdened by having comparisons to the French version. It's pretty fun! Also, I have been a member here long enough to understand not to spoil anything. You didn't have to make a request.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I'm really enjoying this show, too! I'm so glad that I stumbled across it, because I'm definitely hooked.

I am curious about Henry. He seems to be different than the other returned ... or maybe they just haven't realized their powers, yet. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 20, 2015 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Tonight showed one of the MAJOR differences from that show called "Resurrection". When they dug up Camille's grave, there was no body there.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 11, 2015 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The last few eps of the American version sure strayed from the French. And I have to say I liked it better. It made more sense.

All in all, I really enjoyed the show. I hope it comes back for another season.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 1:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Me, too....that cliffhanger is begging for a follow up.

I also liked this one much better than the French version. (I may not even bother with the French version's second season.)

For the first several episodes, as I watched I kept thinking this is identical to the French one so why do I keep watching it? Then after awhile I was just watching it without thinking about the French version at all. Then it dawned on me that I'd stopped thinking about the French one because the US version veered off from the French storyline and it was a whole lot better!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It is interesting about the other towns that disappeared. maybe the dead returning has people in different mind sets - the destructive dead and the constructive dead. or are they all destructive in their own way and the different times they came back gets me wondering about the dead returning with one job - maybe not so much. Sorry all twisted in my mind.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I spoilt it for myself! The first few episodes were so similar to the French one that I stopped paying full attention, then we went on vacation, got back and I had so much tv to catch up on that I was rushing through them, then started thinking "I just don't remember this!" Only started paying full attention again the last episode and a half.

I knew that little kid was full on bad! And I'm glad they got rid of the weird ending on the French one. Hopefully they will have a good "previously on" at the start of next season.

(And I might also skip the French version's season two (should they ever get around to filming it) because it went so weird at the end I had no clue why things were happening.)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just checked, the French version is back (in France) this fall. Unclear when it will be on Sundance.

No official word on whether the A&E version has been renewed, but it started in March, so maybe it will be about then next year if it does come back.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They cancelled it!! Rather disappointed by that news!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Really? Damn.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Huh. Maybe I should wait a year before watching to make sure they get renewed first

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's really sad. It had such a better plot toward the end than the French version. Oh well, I did enjoy it while it lasted.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: