TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 01, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 01, 2015 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't think they're baddies, but I am worried that the community isn't quite as cuddly as they're making out, perhaps there aren't many people there so they are desperate to get newcomers to help guard the place, something like that. Or, like in that UK show 'Survivors' (anyone see that?) everything's fine unless you don't agree with the boss, then there are really harsh penalties.

Also I'm a bit worried about Daryl feeling like a caged lion, whereas I think the rest would be happy with 'normal' lives inside the walls.

Re: choppy, I think both these last two episodes were filmed too long, and they had to cut a lot out. There must be some reason for the unusually hard scene changes. I couldn't even work out where they were when Rick and co found the RV team and Eric, let alone knowing how the RV team 'saved' Eric.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I don't think they're baddies, but I am worried that the community isn't quite as cuddly as they're making out"

One thought that occurred to me was that maybe they want Rick's group to join them to act as their "protectors" (AKA "soldiers") because they don't appear to have the same survivalist mindset as Rick's people. They watched Rick's group long enough to know that they are good people, but they also must know that they can be savages when the need arises.

I wondered if these new people are threatened by the same maniacs who carved the "W" in the walker foreheads and cut them in half at Noah's old community. Remember, we don't know if that "W" was carved into the foreheads of walkers or of living people who were killed afterwards and then became Walkers.

I started to wonder about Aaron's total lack of survival instinct when he totally freaked out when they were surrounded by the huge horde of walkers. He acted totally irrationally by getting out of the car and running into the forest with his hands tied behind his back with dozens (hundreds?) of walkers all around...at night! He seems to have no "fight" in his "fight or flight" instinct. His reaction after that violent punch on the face by Rick was also extremely passive...absolutely no anger or defensive reaction at all.

Eric was first seen hiding behind a tractor and at the end, he seemed more interested in his gift of that Indiana license plate for Aaron than what happened to Aaron when they got separated.

When they entered the gate of this new community, that one guy with a gun told them to relinquish their weapons and when they said "no", he seemed to be weighing the pros and cons of allowing this group of armed-to-the-teeth strangers into their compound instead of telling them "No guns or no entry. Period." which is something I would expect of any surviving community in this setting at this point.

Aaron was good about keeping their community's location secret, but then he changed his mind and brought them home. Who invites a desperate, armed group of strangers into their peaceful home?

From what we've seen of these three members of the new community, they have all seemed less than direct when it comes to actual combat for their own self preservation. They seem to be good at building walls to protect themselves...but there were no visible guards at that gate, which is highly unusual in this world of hungry walkers.

Their behavior just seems (to me) to be contrary to the hard core survivalist mode of everyone else we've met in this show. Even Woodbury, which looked peaceful at first glance, was still full of armed guards at the gates.

Just my first impression....can't wait for next week. I really want to see how this new society works and what makes them tick. They come across as being way too passive to have survived in this world on their own.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, interesting. And are they passive because they've become complacent from living somewhere so well fortified, or because they're just not good at it and maybe many of their spies (forgot what they call the people who go out searching) don't ever make it back.

It didn't ever occur to me the W could be on whose walkers' heads before they died! I keep presuming it stands for the Wolves, and that the Wolves are very bad guys (and not Aaron's guys) and that they will be a threat to come, now presumably to the compound our guys have just entered. If the Ws are carved when the people were alive, maybe as some kind of loyalty, or maybe as a punishment, that makes it a whole lot more dark.

When Aaron freaked out inside the car it was because they saw the flare. Aaron and Eric each had a flare they would use to tell the other they were in trouble, and I think Aaron's freaking was part the current situation with the walkers coming and part desperation not to be trapped in the car when Eric was in danger. Not thinking ahead, but not completely crazy, although having his hands tied behind his back while he ran was always going to be a bit of an issue ;).

I wonder if our guys were Aaron's first group. It seemed like Eric was much too far away to be any kind of assistance if things went bad. Was that because the approach always went well in the past (which seems unlikely) or because this was the first time they'd tried it? And if it was the first time is that because of ???? something that could be a problem for our gang?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I took Aaron's freak out to show the intense love he has for Eric. He saw the flare, thought Eric was in trouble and ran to try to get to him, with no worry about his own safety. He also showed that he has amazing strength and will use if anyone gets in the way of him protecting Eric. He pushed that car door open and Mishone went flying.

I think the flare is to indicate Negan is coming

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Yes, interesting. And are they passive because they've become complacent from living somewhere so well fortified, "

That makes me wonder if they were that fortified that well before the walker outbreak.

It must have taken a lot of planning, design, not to mention special materials and tools to create those fortified wall/fences. They seem custom made to keep people out, not just some ramshackle walls that were quickly and desperately put up with available junk laying around. How could they build such well suited fortified walls while they were also dealing with thousands of walkers? They're near Washington DC, right? Wouldn't that imply a very large walker population?

Even resourceful Woodbury used trucks and junk and scrap metal and stuff like that to fence in their town.

These guys seem better protected than Rick's people were out in the middle of nowhere in a prison! These new folks seem way too prepared for the zombie apocalypse. And they don't come across as typical "survivalist types" at all.

This show just got more interesting. What sounds like a paradise seems too good to be true and you know what they say about that. Then again, Rick and his people can't be the ONLY good people left in the world.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Negan? I thought that must have been a character I forgot so I looked it up and found it to be a big spoiler from the comic!

No no no no no....I go out of my way to avoid spoilers of TWD!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, I did the same thing when the director on he finale of last seasons the TD mentioned him. I googled and unfortunately we both know about this guy- LOL I'm prepared, but wish I didn't know. I like to be suprised about this stuff. But oh well 😧

I think this group is so secured because they know of,him maybe. I think the group needs a good strong group like Ricks so they can battle the evil outside their walls.

But the kids voices have me puzzled

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Sanfran, I did the same thing when the director on he finale of last seasons the TD mentioned him."

Yes, I made that same mistake when they mention Michonne on TD. Ever since then when it sounds like they are talking about a heretofore unknown character on the TV show, I don't look it up. When she first appeared on WD it should have been so surreal, but by then, I already knew who she was and I even knew about her "pets". What should have been a shocking first appearance wasn't the big deal it should've been for me.

All I saw this Negan when I looked it up his depiction as a comic book character and his "title" so I quickly closed the page....but that was still more than "too much" for me.

For future reference, I suggest that anyone that wants to talk spoilers, there is a spoiler section for his show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I know the name and something vague, but that's all I want to know until it's on the show!

Fortified before the outbreak, hmmmm.... like a crazy isolationist cult? Could be why Aaron and Eric are both so gentle seeming. And that really is a lot of good quality stuff they have, if it wasn't built before maybe some sort of official body helped them. National Guard?

According to google, Alexandria is 8 miles from downtown DC (and also 4 miles from DC's main airport). DC might have been a big population center but according to the map it is separated from Alexandria by a wide river and one major freeway, so perhaps it would have been a good military or government secret or non secret base!

Lostfan, I think the noise of children was fake, a recording, to make newcomers feel safe.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Another thing... when Abe and people were going to get the car and RV, Abe goes to stab a walker and just completely misses. Do you all think they were highlighting how exhausted everyone is, or that Abraham might have been drinking too much and that could be an issue going forward?

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Sadly Sanfran, I read on a little more... LOL wish I had stopped. At least I'm prepared for this. Just won't know when

If the darn creators wouldn't mention characters from comic book who were coming up- we wouldn't have the need to check. 😬

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im so sorry!!!! I thought Negan was known to be coming. I dont read spoilers either. I think I heard about him on talking dead. I thought we all watched talking dead.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Interesting thought that Alexandria could have been a cult compound prior to the apocalypse. The people in there could be super nice but whacko

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, February 23, 2015 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Pamy I did hear about him on TD but they didn't say anything about him must except of what kind of man he is..

But stupid me, I googled him and read enouph to know what is coming. I have never read any of the comics and would never thought to before.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 5:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I just re-watched the end of the episode again and Carol said to Rick. 'You know you were wrong. You're still right."

On another note there wasn't a third guy from this compound yet taking weapons. Unless that is a preview from cable. Plus when they come up on this compound there isn't any human noise like kids playing. Once again must be previews for the next episode?

What amazes me are the people who have problems with love. When you find it cherish it! I'm glad I am on a board of people who feel the same. I would of liked to of seen the scenes where the camper came across the other guy with the sprain ankle.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Rick and Michonne heard children playing when they first drove up to the gate and before they got out of the car. In the episode.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Carol meant he was wrong in this case, but that doesn't mean he was wrong to think like he did and take cautions like he did.

Rick and Michonne heard the sound of children from the car, but the sound had mysteriously vanished by the time they got to the gate. It might be that the people inside (sensibly) moved all the children away from the gate because armed visitors had arrived, but it still all seemed very suspicious to me. I don't think there are kids there.

It was the sneak peek on Talking Dead, I think, that had them inside the gates and a different man asking for their guns, and when Rick refused he said something like they'd have to talk to Anne? Diane? A female name.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Here are the three trailers/promos:

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lp5DvG9oBc

Sneak Peek 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGrfKfPE7Ek

Sneak Peek 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFnbFCKJY5Y (the one from Talking Dead)

The female name was 'Deanna.'

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Dalton Ross Verified account ‏@DaltonRoss

#TheWalkingDead season finale on March 29 now super-sized to 90 minutes.

Maybe it won't have so many hard cuts!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, February 26, 2015 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
We! Only 4 more episodes. Geeesh that was fast

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I rewatched last episode... when the flare went off the three plus Aaron were in the car and they'd lost the RV group. Michonne said that the others would have seen the flare and thought it was them and gone towards it, so that's why they went to where the flare came from and thought the others would be there too (which they were). I totally missed that last week.

Today's episode was really good. How clever was Carol? And poor Daryl, is he back to being the redneck weirdo instead of the hero?

I think Enid, the girl about Carl's age, might ave taken the J gun that Rick hid near that little shed. But it looks mighty suspicious.

And we still don't know if it was real kids playing or a recording. We've only seen teenagers so far.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
why didnt carl tell rick he saw that girl goin over the wall? I dont think below is a spoiler its my speculation and something I noticed in tonites ep, but just to be safe

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Did anyone notice that comic book said Wolf Fight? Wasnt something about wolves and the W on foreheads at Noahs family neighborhood?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Ahhh Kitt, good thinking. Im really suspicious of that girl

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, the Wolves thing must have been there for a reason (and it's not a spoiler if it's just speculation). I don't see the inside people as bad guys though, just normal people and some everyday idiots (Aidan). I wonder if the Wolves will attack.

We didn't mention... the shaving.....

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, March 01, 2015 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
It said Wolf Fight. I thought if was interesting that the book Michonne picked up was called Crime without Punishment.

Loved Carol's little performance for the tape. And I was thrown by how Rick looked sans beard. It was like he was a different person.

I have even more questions after this ep.