TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 21, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 21, 2015 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't think it was a dream either, I thought the walkers saw the lights in the barn and all went to see them, and then I guess noise brought them closer. Then finally 'god' gave them a miracle and the tornado got rid of all the walkers and spared the humans.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I presume the new guy's people are from a place nearby and have been watching our group for a while. If they had been eating well they could have run rings around our guys, who must have been walking at 1 mile an hour at most by the look of them. I think the water was meant as some sort of introduction, and was probably fine. Doesn't mean the group themselves are good guys though, look at the Terminus, they'd have been perfectly pleasant if our group had embrace their philosophy, but they didn't, so instead they were dinner.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I don't think it was a dream either....me think that would have been mentioned in TD. Clearly in TWD land , when I very clean and friendly newcomer comes a knocking, it is always a trap..... Especially since he knew ricks name. And last week the dir said it will just keep getting worse for these guys..... It isn't looking good for this group.

Although, I wouldn't mind for Eugene, reverend guy, and Abe be the next to die..... Stop taking out the characters we love and the reason we watch WD writers!!!! Lol

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
I think it was a dream because; if everyone was fighting so hard to keep the doors closed and walkers out and suddenly there were no more walkers pushing against the door, wouldn't they have looked out before morning to see why? Yet Maggie and Sasha seemed surprised to see all the walkers killed or trapped beneath blown over trees. I guess we are just to assume that they know and saw what happened before they all went back to sleep, except Daryl. So I guess I'm wrong again.
Abe may get the fever and die because Sasha cut a walker's throat and the knife nicked Abe's arm so now Abe would have a more virulent form of the virus which would make him get sick and die. Of course everyone has the virus and will turn when they die (if not brain destroyed) but a scratch or a bite from a walker will make you get sick and die faster. He should have been using that alcohol to sterilize the wound.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
im surprised they didnt talk more about the tied up walker in the trunk...even talking dead barely mentioned it. To me, that seems like a clue of things to come

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they were all at the door fighting off walkers for a long time, and gradually the walkers got distracted, maybe from storm noise outside, and slowly the throng against the doors decreased so that they could hold them off easily. Then if they kept quiet with the lights out the final walkers would go back to ambling about and they could go back to just the door chain and the lookout. In the morning they just saw that the tornado picked up the generic wandering walkers and threw them about.

Or maybe the "friends" distracted the walkers by making noise in another direction, and that pulled most of them away.

I noticed Sasha seemed to cut Abe. It will be interesting to see if they just skate by that or if they address the fact he could get an infection. If there was a relatively small amount of infection in the wound (compared to a wide open bite) Abe's body could fight it off, he doesn't necessarily have to die.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I think the strong winds of a tornado took the walkers sailing off into the air. If a tornado is nearby, even a strong healthy person couldn't hang on to something tight enough not to be swept away by the winds near a tornado, let alone a tornado itself.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
You could see the path the tornado cut thru the trees.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You mean it picked them up while they were still bashing at the door to come in? It did look pretty treacherous out there right then, so that definitely could have been it.

When Carl put Judith on the floor to go help push the door I got very nervous! Did they check for back entrances to the barn?!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think the whole walkers at the door, cut to them sleeping WAS confusing.

I was like, uh, what happened? I'm not sure why they didn't show how it got resolved, or whether we were just supposed to guess that it was the weather.

On TD all they mentioned about it was that Gabriel was the last one to get up and help, so that conversation made me think it was meant to be real, not a dream.

And Aaron? Geez, I hope it's a good guy for a change. I'm tired of all the diabolical nuts. They're overdue for someone decent.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I agree that the scene with the walkers at the door was confusing. While watching I thought the main point of the scene was to show that even though the group seemed defeated, when necessary they got together and fought to survive.
Then, when the scene abruptly stopped and went back to everyone asleep and Maggie just starting to wake I figured it must have been Maggie's dream because how could they all just go back to sleep so quickly?
Overall poor editing for that entire scene, IMO.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"On TD all they mentioned about it was that Gabriel was the last one to get up and help, so that conversation made me think it was meant to be real, not a dream."

Yes, on TD, the actor who plays the preacher made some comment about the "holding the door" scene. When Hardwicke asked him if his character was becoming a real member of the group when he helped them hold the door, he said something like "Well, he was trying to save his life".

How could anyone attribute any motivation to the actual preacher's behavior if it was just a dream? That would be like me asking Norman Reedus what Daryl's motivation was if I dreamed that Daryl killed Rick!

Definitely real and not a dream.

Far all know, that holding the door situation only lasted 15 minutes or so and then all went quiet at the door as the storm raged outside and they finally went to sleep a few hours later. And Maggie could have awakened a few hours after that.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
good point!
ok now lets discuss the kidnapped walker! lol

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wondered if the kidnapped walker is something to do with the bad people who burnt Noah's home town. They said they were 40 miles from there, but that main road they're on would probably be used by the baddies too.

Aaron presumably comes from some encampment near where they are now. It's odd that he and his pals hadn't looted the car and found the kidnapped woman... or maybe they had and just decided to leave her there. Which might mean they are good or bad, depending on their live and let live, or not, philosophy for the walkers.

Or the two could be related and it could mean that Aaron's part of the Wolves who attacked Noah's town.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, kidnapped walker.

I thought that the actress who plays Maggie talked about that on TD... that to her it was a reminder of what had happened to Beth. Beth being kidnapped, and that's why she first slammed the hood down, and then got so upset at not being able to re-open it.

So, I gathered it was meant to be some part of Maggie's personal and emotional journey, on her being able to accept and deal with the death of her sister. Much of the show was about both her and Tyrese's sister both having to deal with the loss of a sibling.

Really, we don't know how long the kidnapped woman was in there. My thought was that it could have been a kidnapping that happened BEFORE the disease spread, and she'd been in there all that time, dying in the trunk because of starvation.

But maybe I'm just disturbed... LOL.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Karuuna,,yoir right Lauren Cohan who plays Maggie said it about her journey. Being TD didn't really get into why she was there. I think it's just what you said....

Before the disease there were still bad people in this world- which I think it was just that- she was in the trunk when it all went down.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 16, 2015 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dont know why that kidnapped victim affected me so much. Kar, I agree with your theory about it just being representation of Beth but I also like Lostfan & Kitt's thoughts.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
I was very struck by Rick saying, "We are the walking dead." I always thought the show's title refered to the zombies. If it instead means that in a post-apocalyptic world it takes all you've got just to barely survive (let alone thrive), then I understand Sasha's and Maggie's "what's the point?" attitude.

A comment about Aaron: he wasn't just well-fed, he was CLEAN. His clothes were laundered. His backpack was new. His hair was cut and he was freshly shaved. He looked like an L.L. Bean ad.

Laneesmom

05-12-2005

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Laneesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought with this being somewhat an episode about God/faith.....that the trees looked to have been blown down by the storm and taking out the walkers.....was supposed to be a bit of a sign....or a hint that maybe God IS still with them....a bit of a "miracle".

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's how I took it too. Gabriel gave up and burnt his collar, but (to religious eyes) God then finally did his thing and gave them rain to drink and a storm to rid them of the walkers.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Friday, February 20, 2015 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Daryl cleans up nice! 😝

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 20, 2015 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lostfan, per copyright law, we need a link or copyright notice for that image.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, February 20, 2015 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Looks like it came from Flaunt magazine....but for some reason, I can't open that page in my browser.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Friday, February 20, 2015 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
He still needs a haircut. lol

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Saturday, February 21, 2015 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Ok,sorry Kauruuna, I keep forgetting. If I can't find it, go ahead and take it down.... Norman Reedus posted it on his facebook or twitter page . I got it from the man himself.