TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 08, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: CSI: Archive through May 08, 2014 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 3:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks y'all. I agree Roxip that it was one of the strangest CSI episodes of late. I just couldn't stay awake and kept nodding off towards the end.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was really intrigued because I thought they might be doing something about that family that disappeared several years ago down by San Diego. It was all over the news, the house looked like they were just sitting down to dinner and then just walked out. Everyone thought they had walked into Mexico but they recently found them all dead, I think in the desert but I cant remember all the details.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Didn't they do a segment on that on 20/20 or 48 Hours or one of those shows?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
One of those shows did do a story on it but I don't think I have seen an update since they were found. I need to google it an refresh my memory.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Either I am really cynical or I am getting good at figuring out these plots, LOL. I KNEW IT WAS THE WIFE.

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
Me too, Dipo. As soon as the boy walked up to the husband, I had it figured out. Still an interesting episode, though. The acting was strong. I've really enjoyed Ted Danson in this role.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, April 06, 2014 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought this was a tragic episode.

Lyn

08-07-2002

Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Couldn't watch the show this week. The whole cannibal fetish thing - blech! Turned it off 15 minutes in

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The crazy, evil cannibal turned out to be Eric Peterson, the comic actor who plays the long lost son on "Kirstie" (Kirstie Alley's sitcom on TV Land).

Worst. Casting. Ever. It's like casting a poodle to play Godzilla.

ericpeterson

Eric Peterson, far right

(Image from: http://static.wixstatic.com

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well, I think you must have fallen asleep at the end. That is NOT the person who turned out to be the crazy cannibal. Instead it was the actor who matched the drawing...and he was staring at Ted Danson at the end of the show. I suspect we will see him again.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Bad assumption. I didn't fall asleep. I saw it but I got the impression that when Danson saw that face in the crowd, it vanished in a split second because it was probably just his imagination. If he thought that he actually saw him (and since he is supposed to be such an excellent CSI investigator) he would have told someone to go check it out.

In any case, they had decided on the show that that comic actor was the cannibal, which was, IMHO, ridiculous casting.....whether he was the cannibal or just the partner of the cannibal.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 3:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I was confused. I couldn't figure out if the comic was the cannibal, or the person in the drawing who Danson saw in the crowd - or was that just his imagination. I hate these cases where I don't have closure.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I guess we'll just have to see. I think that Ted Danson's character does not believe that the comic guy was the killer for several reasons - one being that he had no human flesh in his body. But you could be right. I just think it was the other guy. Or else Ted Danson wants to leave the show and he's going to convince himself that he's going crazy and overly stressed.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Sheriff wants it to be the Security Guard.
Wants the city to feel safe that they caught the bad guy.
But the creepy dinner party host who had seen The Eater (and given the description) swore that was NOT the cannibal. Danson's character believed him. So he knows the real Eater is still at large.
Not sure if the vision was real or imagination.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I just went back and rewatched the end and that's the sense I got too. The creepy dinner party host didn't swear - he was very obscure - but he certainly didn't identify the corpse as the Eater. I think he loves the air of mystique. He will probably end up dead some show in the near future.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, April 13, 2014 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
For some reason, this episode felt like one of those shows that has a vague ending on purpose, so it's left to the viewer to wonder. If DB Russell imagined the creepy cannibal guy, it was showing us how such a case can instill fear in people....in this case, DB. He was unsure of the resolution of the case and is now left wondering if there's an active cannibal in his town and on his watch.

I'll bet they don't revisit this case because next week's ep is a repeat...the one about a cooking show where they accidentally eat human flesh in a competition. I remember this ep...it gets solved. They'd be pushing the cannibal theme a little too far if they revisit this newer cannibal case any time soon.

Of course, you just never know...

<insert creepy music here>

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 14, 2014 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It's just a creepy thought no matter what!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 3:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I guess last night's episode was some sort of launch or preview for a new CSI-cyber crimes type show for Patricia Arquette.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 3:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
You think? LOLOL ITA, the whole episode came across as an preview for another show.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 3:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I couldn't believe there for a bit where Arquette explained things to the CSI crew like they were uneducated and didn't already know what she was telling them. Maybe it was for us the viewers? Just came across wrong.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
That new Who theme song, the slo-mo as Arquette walked by--she even had sunglasses on, al la David Caruso! I felt stupid when I said that the new girl looked familiar and it was one of my kids who recognized her as Patricia Arquette of Medium! I loved her old show but couldnt place her in a different setting!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Vickie - I thought the same thing!!! She was explaining cyber-crime to them like they were 8-year-olds!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That had to be one of the oddest season finales with no cliffhanger.

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
I thought it looked like Brass was considering suicide. Am I the only one who thought that?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, May 08, 2014 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I didn't think Brass was considering suicide. TV Guide had an article about this season finale...it was meant to be a farewell to Brass who has been written out of the show. (Eades and Guilfoyle are the only two actors that have been on the show continuously from the beginning. )

The article said that he and his daughter find some closure and that it "opens the door for reconciliation". The article ends with the line, "There is a surprising resolution and a chance for a new beginning".

I did find it odd that it ended with him talking about a 4 hour conversation with his daughter and then just sitting there drinking. I had expected him to say he was resigning or that he would drop dead from a heart attack or something.

After all he has gone through with Ellie, I couldn't see Brass committing suicide right after finally reconciling with her (that would have just been an evil thing to do to Ellie)....but I expected some sort of "goodbye" besides having a drink with DB.