TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 19, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 19, 2015 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, October 26, 2014 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I read today that Sarah Lou and Bethany are coming back in the new year. And Jenny Bradley. That will give Rita a possible storyline.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
It will be interesting to see what they do with them. I can barely remember \jenny. I think Rita was married to her dad, Alan.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yes re the marriage but I only remember her when she came back in her 20s trying to get money out of Rita. Just like Sharon, maybe she could return too.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 4:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Corrie has a YouTube channel. Here is the extended trailer. Looks like it is going to get really good....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq--BmCeYiE

*Caution contains spoilers*

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Sunday, November 02, 2014 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
I watched this week's episodes this morning. It seemed that a lot happened! Peter found guilty. Liz and Steve's encounters with Jim. Anna and Owen having to move. Break in at Roy's. Kylie's friend ending in the hospital. Cilla showing up and acting as if she had been gone for six days instead of six years!

Sounds like there could be a few good storylines coming up. I also barely remember Jenny. Sarah Louise and Bethany could shake things up. How old is Bethany now? I remember Todd first questioning his sexuality. I wonder if Sarah and Todd's lost child will be mentioned.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, November 03, 2014 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think Beth is around 14 now, maybe 15. Probably going to cause trouble. Although there are no other teenagers on the street. I think Faye is only 12. Maybe owen and Anna et al will move in to the flat over the builders and that girl, whose name escapes me will,move somewhere with her brother then a new family will move in.

And I really hate this whole Kylie the druggie, the ex boyfriend and skanky friends storyline. It does nothing.

Geez, where the heck are they going to put Sarah Lou and Beth? Convert the garage? And it is David's house, so his decision I would think.

I remember that to Lawrie, and when baby Billy died.

It looks like quite a story coming up for Todd, Rob and Peter. As well I wonder where they are going with this stuff with Roy. Poor guy.

I do know that Cilla leaves and Fiz goes to take care of her. I beleive this is because Jenny McAlpine is pregnant and this will be her maternity leave, the visit away. I wonder if she takes the kids with her. So I'd say Ty will have nothing to do for 4 months or so.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, November 03, 2014 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I hate the Kylie story line, too. As to Beth and Sarah Lou, Corrie houses are magic houses. The number of rooms in the upper floor just multiply as needed. They don't even need loft conversions.

Callasin

06-21-2005

Monday, November 03, 2014 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Callasin a private message Print Post    
Hi I watch Corrie on Hulu but I am so behind. I'm at the part where Tina will leave in a few weeks and Owen is about to sell the yard.

I had to laugh at the rooms in the houses multiplying. I used to watch Eastenders and fans called Pauline's house the Tardis because it always had just enough rooms as needed.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
callasin - now it's dots house that is like that, she has so many lodgers on and off.

Chesney seems very uncomfortable with Cilla and it seems like she is trying to make him jealous with how she is treating Craig. Very weird.

I feel sorry for Todd, he's still a little shit but what a beating. I guess he will be back in to the bosom of the family before Sarah Lou returns. I wonder what shenanigans will ensue. And will we end up with a kinder gentler Todd and find out his backstory or will this just make him nastier. Probably nastier because it will be all Jason and Eileen's fault that it happened because they didn't show up,at the bistro.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Okay I think Gavin is really going to be a troublemaker.

And poor Steve. I think he will end up turning to Andrea and Lloyd.

I wish Dev would just spit it out.

And don't you just love Mary, she is a total whackjob and always entertaining to me.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, December 05, 2014 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I was beginning to think Gavin was not Gavin and then voila! I think Audrey may be the one that cottons on to this first.

And I love Julie and Dev together. Plus that was the sweetest moment with Dev and Mary. She really is cuckoo for cocoa puffs but I love the character.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Has everyone gone off this? I'm hoping this will pick up soon. I'm tired of Kal's family. His mother is being such a big ole you know what all the time. She's worse than Sally when it comes to looking down her nose. Why are they all surprised at Rob's sentence? He murdered someone! And Tracey and Tony? Blech you can be sure she will lord that one over Liz. There is really nothing interesting occurring right now.

The special on Rita was good. It was nice to see the Mavis moments. She was such a good sidekick. And I do remember when Norris first appeared as some business contact of Derrick's. With his wife Angela who was always golfing.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I agree, Jasper. Corrie is in the doldrums.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, December 28, 2014 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The Steve and the car thing is egads! I know people do some daft out of character things when they are depressed but if his storyline was supposed to be in regards to that they've really dropped the ball. It appears to me that they wanted to address mental health with him and then lost their way with the story. Now he's just going to have money trouble and maybe friction with Kevin.

The new woman and Nick, that remains to be seen. But really anything that riles up Gail is okay. lol

Kylie and her drug problems. I find Callum just vile and not likable at all. they have had baddies on this show constantly but there is always something compelling and watchable. Personally there is just nothing with Callum except distaste. (for instance Gavin, you know he is a wrong 'un and up to something but you want to know his story) It is a sad state of affairs when David Platt is the voice of reason and maturity!

Owen is reverting to type, where on earth did Izzy get the idea that Gary wanted to get back together? It was only from her side, and that's okay but they can't all hold it against him because he couldn't read her mind.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I understand that Owen and the girls will be leaving and that is ex will show up, as well as brace yourself, Faye gets up the duff. Wonder if it will be Craig's baby??

Do not read that if you don't want a big spoiler.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Monday, December 29, 2014 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
I had a bit of a marathon watch yesterday.

I'm not sure about Dev and Julie but perhaps because I remember Dev as a bit of a sleazy lady's man type. I find that I am getting a bit tired of Mary's character. I would like to see her have a real love interest who gets her eccentricities. Gail never changes! Between Gail and Gavin, I can see Michael ending up badly hurt. I'm probably missing something as usual but I don't get why Kylie doesn't just come clean with David about who Callum is. I'm sad that Anya felt the need to dump Gary. I don't get why it is different from her father and Leanne.

I hope I remember how to do a spoiler box:
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I read that Callum's character has been signed to a one year contract and will be a love interest for Katy. Ugh!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
He lost that sleaze imo when he got back with Sunita. I do like him with Julie. Lots of comedy potential there

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
On a brighter note, I just saw "Rita and Me" on ITV and really enjoyed it. Barbara Knox has had quite a career.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
It was good, she was quite the knock out in her younger days. Still a nice looking woman now. I like the background history they give on family in these specials. On a side note during the bit they showed of the Canadians having their tour, I'm pretty sure the guy I saw pose out side the pub was the one who emcee'd the Kirk and Ty thing I went to thru Stroll Promotions

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
You have an eagle eye, Jasper. On another note, Kylie/Paula Lane had her baby boy on New Year's Eve. I hope when she comes back they will have dropped the stupid story line she was mired in.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Really? Roy in jail? Hard to believe Gary would stoop to this, but his family, owen especially needs to look at how his behaviour set this in motion. He is an ass.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Roy didnt look too crushed about being locked up and he seemed to be treated well. I cant see Gary sticking around after this! Everyone dislikes him and this try at robbery has failed miserably.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Roy is in jail? Sounds like I have some more catching up to do this weekend! I keep wondering what Anna has ever seen in Owen.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Yes Owen is so angry and mean a lot of the time, where Anna is so kind hearted--how did they ever get together?
How long can Tracy hold in her secret before she blabs to Liz?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
And she will thoroughly enjoy telling Liz.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, January 19, 2015 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Such shocking sad news this afternoon with the death of Anne Kirkbride--Deirdre! She died in hospital today her husband has reported.