TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 04, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through February 04, 2015 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
FYI

Helix (season 2) and 12 Monkeys (new show) both premiere on SYFY this Friday, Jan 16.

Also, Black Sails returns for season 2 on Saturday, Jan 24 on STARZ.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I hope they do a marathon of Helix or at least repeat the last few episodes because from the previews I'm seeing of the new season, I'll be lost, lol!

Can someone tell me if they ended up on this island at the end of last season? That means I missed more episodes then I thought.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
At the very end of last season, they (finally) cut away from the claustrophobic lab and we saw Billy Campbell (can't remember his character name) sitting in a sidewalk cafe in Paris. They also showed the woman (the Asian scientist's daughter, IIRC) in a boardroom type meeting with other silver-eyed people plotting something.

I know last season they (the good guys) were trying to destroy that virus that turns people into immortals with silver eyes, but I don't recall what happened on that front.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kappy I think I may have found exactly what you need....it's a page of links and videos at syfy.com and it's for catching up on Helix:

http://www.syfy.com/helix/catchup/

I noticed that lower on the page at this link, there is a video called "CATCH UP Watch the Season One Finale in Syfy Now".

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thanks, SFJosh!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 11:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There was a premiere last night on FXX of a show called "Man Seeking Woman". It follows a show I always watch so I set the dvr to catch this show, too.

OMG, I have never see a show so crazily and unexpectedly be different and more fun from it's Title....LOL

Seriously, give it a try. FXX on Wednesdays.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, January 16, 2015 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'm going to have to check for a repeat, I wnated to see that. It has Jay Baruchel in it doesn't it?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 16, 2015 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You always have he best recommendations, Naja! I saw a trailer for this, saw it had Jay Baruchel in it, meant to tape it and then forgot all about it!

First episode repeats next Tuesday so I've set it to tape.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Terrible lifetime movie on Whitney Houston - and I usually don't give bad reviews. Not taking sides, but totally see why her estate is against the movie. It was much more about bobby Browns attempts to be the good guy than Whitneys life.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Darnit, I forgot about the Whitney movie. I just set the dvr for the the Monday showing and for Bobby's commentary.

Kitt and Jasper, I think the most fun about the pilot of "Man Seeking Woman" is that it's soooo not the show it sounds like it's supposed be....LOL
You'll see why I am laughing after you see the premiere :-)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I watched 12 Monkeys, not bad although has little resemblance with the original movie and the actor makes me want to see Bruce Willis or someone who looks more like him. It's again a back and forth in time and the desire to change the future, even though I like sci-fi I don't particularly like when they insist on the fact that the future can be changed. We've seen it in the Terminator movies, Continuum, and other shows, I rather see a show that proves time and time again that nothing can change what's to come no matter how many time machines they'll have in the future.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I also attempted to get through the Whitney movie and I say attempted because it was really easy to walk out of the room and wash dishes by hand rather then watch every moment of it. Does that tell you how enthralling it was?

There's so much they could have been told about her getting into the business, struggling with insecurity, addictions, etc., but instead, you had a few great songs featured here and there with very little substance or story in between.

Listening to Bobby Brown in the hour program afterwards was even easier to turn off.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm not buying that portrayal of Bobbie brown one bit.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Did you think it was too easy on him or too hard? I definitely thought Bobby's portrayal was much better than how he was in real life.

Anyway, I thought the movie was bad, Very Bad. I felt like we got no conclusion and no truth to anything. A waste of time.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I gave up on Man Seeking Woman. Just too bizarre for me, I was with it when there was a possibility it was all in his head, but then this second episode with the friend seeing what he sees was just a bit too much! Did you stick with it, Naja?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Half of my shows from last night are still waiting to be watched, Kitt. So I've only seen 1 ep so far.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes I think the show made Bobby out to look good. Was he one of the producers?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
FYI - It looks like Black Sails (STARZ) returns for season 2 tonight.

http://www.starz.com/schedule/originals/blacksails/s2/e201

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Save the Dates: 40+ February Premieres, Returns and Finales

http://tvline.com/2015/01/27/february-tv-calendar-premieres-finales-2015/

See the little calendar inside the link!

By the way, Blacklist is back on Sunday, during the Superbowl. If you're not watching live it might be worth going in and padding your recording, as I assume it could be late. After that the show moves to Thursdays.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Finales in February??? Remember when May was Finale month???

I assume there is a slew of new shows that will fill the voids...

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
WGNA's "Salem" Season Two Premiere Sunday, April 5

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Forgive me if someone has already posted this. A new series Allegiance begins next Thursday, Feb. 5th on NBC. It's about a Russian spy sleeper cell and seems so much like The Americans (on FX) except that it takes place in a later time period. At first I was thinking 'what copycats!' but it turns out Allegiance is based on an Israeli series called The Gordin Cell which was done before .

I like the cast so I will give it a chance and try not to compare it to The Americans.

As for finales in February, they use to take place in May due to it being a "sweeps" month. Does anyone know if they do that any more? Otherwise the networks are realizing they need to catch up with cable if they want to keep their audiences.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They do do sweeps still, but there are three sweeps months, around November, February and May, so the big events happen around those periods (hence the upcoming spring premieres and finales).

I'm not sure about Allegiance, although I love The Americans. I might tape it and see if you all like it before I dive in!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, January 29, 2015 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Kitt. I knew there were 3 months that they did the sweeps but it seems like you never hear about them like you use to.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, February 04, 2015 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Hey, I finally got caught up on Man Seeking Woman on FXX...I think it's absolutely hysterical! Bizarre, yes....but that's the best part!

Kitt, I think all the weird goings on are basically just a representation of the poor sap's (Josh's) feelings, not actual "reality" for him. For instance, when he was in the club trying to pick up women with his friend, his friend told him to use his "swirly eyes", just like the wizard taught him to use when he reached puberty. Of course, Josh said he never had a wizard to teach him anything so his buddy showed him how he can just look at a girl and his eyes hypnotize her so she'll be over him.

As I see it, his friend did not actually have swirly eyes and that exact conversation never actually took place. It was just Josh's feelings and fantasies and imagination interpreting questions and answers to himself. Josh just doesn't understand how some guys can just talk to a woman when he finds it so incredibly difficult. "Special wizard education" about about magical hypnotic eyes explains it:

Swirly eyes = Confidence

Anyhow, don't take it literally, just take it as the whimsical representation of the feelings of an awkward loser looking for love.

I'm liking this show more than most sitcoms because it's unique....and that makes me worry that it doesn't have long to live. They seem to like canceling the unique ones in lieu of the same old tired sitcom situations we've seen for decades.