TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 02, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 02, 2015 users admin

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Monday, December 01, 2014 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, I did notice that, but he did say some nice things about her when he talked about how her acting allowed them to put her into stories and scenes you probably wouldn't have seen coming when the character was first introduced, I thought that was nice. Chris said really quickly and half-jokingly at some point that it was awkward having the two of them there together. It was probably not the best timing for the writer/creator guy to have been on the same show next to an actor that he had to have been a part of letting go from the show. I felt far worse for Emily on The Talking Dead than I did that Beth is gone from The Walking Dead, but that's as it should be, I think.

I'm one of the West Coasters that saw the show's FB spoiler post before it had aired here, and was irritated. In hindsight though, I was a little bit relieved that I knew it was coming. Not that they should ever do it again! And NO, just no, to anyone who says if you don't want to be spoiled, stay off the internet. That's just not realistic. It shouldn't be if you want to avoid spoilers, stay off the internet. It should be, avoid spoiling for maybe like 24 hours, and certainly not when the show hasn't aired in like half of the country. Be polite, think of others and avoid the temptation to be a know-it-all, that should be the rule. :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
she said I didnt mean to

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Imagine being in the UK where it's aired on Monday nights. There's no chance of not being spoiled. I had a lot of unhappy friend yesterday! I'm lucky, our DirecTV here gives us the East Coast feeds, so it's at 6pm for me.

Dalton Ross, the EW guy who does Survivor interviews has spoken to some of the cast. They are very upset about losing Emily! Here are some links:

Andrew Lincoln: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/01/walking-dead-andrew-lincoln-rick-coda-midseason-finale/

Emily Kinney: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/01/walking-dead-emily-kinney-beth-coda-midseason-finale/

Norman Reedus: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/01/the-walking-dead-norman-reedus-coda-midseason-finale/

Also an interview with Scot Gimple, asking how/why they decided to kill Beth.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/01/the-walking-dead-scott-gimple-coda-midseason-finale-burning-questions/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I think it was a bad call.

I don't remember, was there this much angst when Herschel died?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't think so. Maybe because you could see it as a possibility once he was captured (although I assumed he would be safe), it seemed a reasonable storyline, Hershel was older, and just not as sweet and innocent as Beth.

It sounds (from the Scott Gimple interview) that they did for the effect it will have on everyone else.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 02, 2014 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Meanwhile they are casting for the spin off show... same zombie apocalypse, different location.

"The as-yet-untitled series revolves around a male teacher and a female guidance counselor; per our sister site Deadline, Dillane and Debnam Carey will play the latter’s drug-abusing son and ambitious daughter."

http://tvline.com/2014/12/02/walking-dead-spinoff-cast-dillane-debnam-carey/

I guess they won't call them walkers. Maybe for once they could call them zombies.

Does casting now mean it will air Fall 2015?

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Wednesday, December 03, 2014 - 12:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
Is Breaking Bad a prequel to Walking Dead? Sorry if this has been posted before, I'm super late to the party :-) I didn't start watching either series til this year, so it's all sort of new to me.

http://www.hitfix.com/comedy/amc-has-secretly-been-warning-us-breaking-bad-is-the-walking-dead-prequel

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, December 03, 2014 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
:-) :-) that's pretty good!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LMAO!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
lol! We watched the finale again. Better the second time round, but the end was still rushed and over before you knew what happened.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
stole it for FB lol

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Walking Dead spin off to be set in LA, and in the early days of the outbreak, when there are more alive than undead.

http://tvline.com/2014/12/16/the-walking-dead-spinoff-los-angeles-setting-spoilers-l-a/

At least that's what they're starting with. As we know, it was only a couple of months from "just a few weird stories on the news" to full on zombiepocalypse, so if they're going for a few seasons it's going to have to get worse.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Walking Dead marathon on AMC *now* they're currently on Season 1 Episode 5, and Rick is hardly dishevelled at all. Ends New Year's Day with the current episodes.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yup. I'm recording them to watch again.

Debra

11-19-2003

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I'm a latecomer to TWD. Tried to watch it over the years, but just couldn't get into it. Then, last season I turned it on one night when there was nothing else on. Don't even remember what episode it was, but I became hooked; watched the rest of last season and all of this season. It was interesting to watch without knowing the history or having any pre-conceived feelings about the characters. Now I've got the DVR set to record the marathon. Just got home from work and started watching the first episode. Amazing how young Rick looks. Looks like I won't be getting much done the rest of this week other than catching up. Also recorded the Breaking Bad marathon and have watched the first 6 episodes. My DVR is going to explode!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Carl looks sooooo young in season 2 and its funny to think that this is only supposed to be about 1 1/2 yrs from where they are today!

Debra

11-19-2003

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
No, not Sophia!!!!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, December 31, 2014 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I've only watched up to the ep when they are going back for Merle and you are right Carl looks like a baby in comparison to current. The show is just as exciting to watch now as it was the first time. I find myself on the edge of my seat even though I know what's coming. And Carol!!! what a mouse she was. Darryl is just full of hate. It will be fun to watch these characters evolve watching all the eps back to back.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, January 01, 2015 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I wish they wouldn't repeat the same shows from last night- I hate when they do this - a marathon should be played out in order from beginning to end with no repeated episodes

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Friday, January 02, 2015 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
I've been watching the marathon for days and, so far, they have all been in order.

So fun to watch again from the beginning and see all the characters evolve. Some things I didn't really remember, so it was also a good refresher for my memory.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, January 02, 2015 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I've been dvr'ing, watching, and deleting so I don't run out of dvr space. It's exhausting, LOL!
Since I didn't start watching regularly until season 4 it has been interesting to see all that led up to that.
My dvr or FIOS messed up though, so I didn't get watchable recordings of the last two episodes of season 2. I missed Shane's demise, but read up on what happened to him. I'm still curious to see the circumstances of Andrea's departure from the group and how she met up with Michonne. I assumed she had a falling out with the core group, but when she met up with them again in season 3 that didn't seem to be the case. Once I'm through the marathon I may have to download those 2 episodes.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Friday, January 02, 2015 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
No Andria didnt have a falling out with group- she got left behind at the farm when walkers took it over. She met up with Michone then- and they found Woodbury together.

Hey I have a Question re Beth- they told beth they found her on the side of the road and saved her -

- but she was kidnapped by that group. So what am I missing? She wasn't hurt before she got kidnapped ??????

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 02, 2015 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Beth ran from the funeral home (with the idea that Daryl would follow close behind and find her) so there's a chance (very slim!) she randomly fell over just at the point the cross car baddies were passing so they saved her but..... I presume they happened to be in the area, saw what was happening with the walkers (or maybe even set them on the house, remember the first time there was noise at the door it was a dog, so Daryl wasn't paying as much attention the second time) and took Beth with force immediately she left the funeral home.