TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 20, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Americans: Archive through October 20, 2014 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I had to laugh when Elizabeth was concerned that their daughter might be "indoctrinated" by a church group at such a young age! What does she think they did to her in Russia as a child? I assume that comment was thrown in on purpose.

I feel for the ex-Russian scientist that they want to force to work for them. And who is this group that is fighting them for him? Is there a new group coming in from Russia to take over and is Claudia aware of it but unable to stop it?

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I don't think Claudia (or the Center) is aware of the two mysterious assailants who fought with Elizabeth and Philip at the end of the episode. Could be CIA or FBI. Or even Mossad because the Israelis might want to claim the scientist for themselves?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought maybe Mossad too. I don't remember them mentioning Israelis before this episode, so I thought it was a tell when they did.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Good thought! I hadn't even thought of the Mossad.

Starr

07-09-2005

Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
What did Martha find in with Clark's eyeglasses - was it a camera? I couldn't tell. Also, my dvr cut out the last few seconds - what was she saying on the phone, anyone recall? Thanks!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
It was the recording device that Martha was fixating on, Starr. She keeps it on her desk at work so that it can be close enough to her boss's office, which is where she hid the pen (microphone) on his bookshelf. I got the impression that she was fixating on it because she might be having second thoughts of helping Clark do the spying on her boss, especially after the hysterical argument she and Clark had. (I never knew women washed their hair in the kitchen sink - seems like it would be pretty uncomfortable!)

Anyway, regarding what she said into the phone, it was a threatening message she left for Clark on his voicemail. Something to the effect of (paraphrasing): "If you don't call me back, I'm going to write your name down on this application where it asks for name of spouse!!" It's the application she's thinking of submitting for a job that is more challenging but still requires a security clearance.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Wow, the dude in the fight at the end was the actor that played Ba'al in Stargate: SG-1.

Next week looks really intense. Of course, next week is only a few days away now.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, April 04, 2014 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
This week's episode was one of the best of the season! Agent Beeman is in deep doo-doo now that he's got Nina and Oleg making their ultimatums. And poor Elizabeth! She got way more than she bargained for by asking Philip to show her Clark's "wild" side. This really is one of the finest shows on TV - every episode is so thrilling!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, April 05, 2014 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
It was a good episode this week and I enjoy this show a lot! It's been great seeing "granny" in the past 2 episodes and seeing the compassion she has for this family's safety.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Anyone else been watching? The season finale??? OMG!!!!

It was the son.
Wonder if the FBI agent will get what he wants or deserves.
What will Paige think if her parents tell her the truth? She's headed towards hippie life.
Martha - she wants a baby, think she'll trick Clark?
Hate we have to wait so long for the next season - so easy to forget over the long hiatus.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
Kona - I agree. OMG!

And yes, I think Martha is going to keep to her own schedule, no matter what "Clark" tells her HE wants ...

Dovez

08-27-2005

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
i'm worried about martha's gun. i think it is foreshadowing.

the killer's identity truly surprised me. like, whoa!

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Great season finale. What about Nina?

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Just finished the season finale...WOW it was the son...OMG OMG~!!!!

I'm also worried about Martha's gun. If she finds out the "Clarke" is bamboozling her...no telling what she would do.

I don't know how Paige is going to react, I really don't.

Dovez

08-27-2005

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
well, martha's coworkers know she has the gun. how will that play into future episodes? suicide? what?

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Hmm, one way for Clark to get rid of Martha when she is no longer useful.......

I think Paige will find out on her own about her parents being Soviet agents....then will she trust the US government or her parents? Will she go to the FBI on her own or keep their secret? Hard to tell since she is leaning towards antigovernment completely.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
What a fabulous twist and an equally fabulous finale! Can't wait for next season. The actress who plays Paige must be drooling at what's ahead in season three. So sad to see Nina being carted off to Siberia - hope the writers figure out a way to bring her back to America.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching all of Season 1 and am looking to binge on season 2 . What a great show! I'm hoping AMC will show it all back to back before season 3 starts.

Hskrfan

06-30-2011

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hskrfan a private message Print Post    
Jasper - FX is showing it at odd hours. Episodes 1 and 2 from Season 1 have already aired. My autopass DVR has picked them up.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Thx I will keep an eye out. Ours is FX Canada so it might be a little different I don't know.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Are previous seasons available on Netflix?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 13, 2014 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Season 1's available on DVD only.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am so ready for the return of this show; does anyone know when the new season begins ?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The last couple of seasons started in February, so I'd expect the same for next season.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I just read that Frank Langella will be a part of the new season. He will play their KGB handler for a few episodes. He should be good. :-)