TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 10, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 10, 2015 users admin

Boberg

10-04-2002

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Haven't seen it Mamie, tell us more?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watch it, Mamie! We love it at our house.

Boberg, it's on Showtime it's very hard to explain. It has murder and lust and all the good stuff. Each episode is split in 2. One half is the story according the guy, the other half is the same story according to the girl. I'll copy the "about" from the website.

"At once deeply observed and intriguingly elusive, THE AFFAIR explores the emotional effects of an extramarital relationship. Noah is a New York City schoolteacher and novelist who is happily married, but resents his dependence on his wealthy father-in-law. Alison is a young waitress trying to piece her life and marriage back together in the wake of a tragedy. The provocative drama unfolds when Alison and Noah meet in Montauk at the end of Long Island.

http://www.sho.com/sho/the-affair/about

This Sunday is already the finale, but all the eps are in on-demand.

OH, and it was renewed for season 2.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Friday, December 19, 2014 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
It's fairly late in the season, but I'd suggest anyone who likes satire to catch up on The Comeback starring Lisa Kudrow. The first seasoon, nine years ago, followed Kudrow as Valerie Cherish, a faded sitcom star trying revive her career with an insipid youth oriented sitcom. She tries to put on a bbrave face despite writers who hate her an an increasingly small part on the show.

In season 2, Cherish lands a role playing Mallory Church, a version of Valerie Cherish in an HBO drama about one of the show's writers who, we discover, had been dealing with heroin addiction during season one. Valerie is still rabidly insecure as she tries to put a brave face in the indignities she endures.

The show is not for everyone, for sure, but I find it beautifully subversive with humor that's often dark and sometimes laugh out loud hilarious.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, December 19, 2014 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Someone had a great idea but I just don't think the writers pulled it off. They got close but in the end, it didn't work.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, December 20, 2014 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Another show I really need to recommend is Getting On which is on HBO. If you haven't watched it, you really should. The acting is perfect, especially Laurie Metcalf, Niecy Nash and Alex Borstein. I think it's hit home because of me taking care of my mom who suffers from Lewy Body Dementia but it's also very funny, very touching and just an all-round enjoyable half hour of tv.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 20, 2014 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I like that show, too, Mamie. It's just a bummer the seasons are only 6 episodes long.

Mush

09-09-2002

Saturday, December 20, 2014 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
I'm really going to miss watching Craig Ferguson on the Late Late Show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm going to miss him, too, Mush. He was the only late night show I had on season pass. I only watched the other night talk shows if I they has a guest I really wanted to see.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, December 27, 2014 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I like Getting On as well (Mamie - my father has Lewy Body too). The acting is terrific. Laurie Metcalf is stellar in this.

I'm not sure what station this aired on in the US but in Canada it was on Vision - the Call the Midwife Christmas special was so enjoyable. I did miss Jenny Lee but it was fun to expand the stories of the other girls. (boy Miranda Hart had some tan going on it though!) I wasn't surprised the turn Cynthia's story made. I'm looking forward to the new season.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 04, 2015 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Galivant...anyone watching? it looks so silly but may be funny?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, January 05, 2015 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Couldn't decide if was more corn than cheese but it sure was cheesy and corny! Told hubby who watched it with me thank heavens it's only 4 weeks or I'd have to shoot myself. LOL

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, January 05, 2015 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I was disappointed in Galivant and ended up skipping most of it. It had a good cast and a cute idea but it fell flat. It felt like it started out as a commercial for all the other shows on the network and then someone thought it would be a great idea to expand it to a show.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, January 05, 2015 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I loved Galavant. It was irreverent aka Monty Python. Sometimes I just need a little funky humor. I also enjoyed the music. The first song's music seemed very Beauty and the Beast.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, January 05, 2015 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I will really miss Craig Ferguson, too. I especially like his rants, and hope he'll be back on the small screen soon.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Free Viewing Weekend starts Friday, January 9, for HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax with most tv providers.

Details
http://www.freepreview.tv/

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I saw in my emails that ABC is rerunning Galavant on January 7.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Thanks. My daughter was very unhappy with me that I didn't record it!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I know. I didn't DVR it either. Maybe I should.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched the show State of Affairs yet?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I watched part of the first episode but the subject matter was too real, and the whole thing was too shouty for my tastes.

Eroica

07-28-2005

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
As of now, I am enjoying it.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I thought Galavant was light hearted fun! But I am glad it is only 4 episodes!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Just a quick reminder that free HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax weekend has started. Great weekend to binge on the new shows in on-demand if you don't subscribe to any of those channels.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 2:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja, I see Philomena is showing on one of those channels

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Just ran across a showing of Ghost Whisperer on Oxygen, the first season. It actually has held up pretty good is interesting. Does anyone remember why Aisha was let go, ie killed on the series? I thought her character was great.

Oh and thanks for the Free reminder, I will go and see what channel those are for me.