TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 14, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Premieres (Scripted TV Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through January 14, 2015 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
found it, it's On Demand until next summer!

Mush

09-09-2002

Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
I finally have time to catch up on the TiVo queue and watched the first couple episodes of Jane the Virgin, and love it! Has anyone else seen it?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, October 26, 2014 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Dang. I had a few in the que and I just deleted them bc O haven't had time to watch. I haven't heard any buzz on it so figured it wasn't good. Maybe they will replay.

Mush

09-09-2002

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
I've never seen a telenovela, but I guess Jane the Virgin is kind of an over-the-top telenovela parody with really likable characters. It's a hoot, but I still got caught up in story.

I was afraid after I'd heard the premise that the plot would revolve around everyone thinking that Jane wasn't a real virgin when she got pregnant through an unintended artificial insemination (perfect soap opera plot). But everyone believed her, the doctor admitted the mistake, and the show moved on with more twists.

ETA: I just read that it's been renewed for a second season already.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 15, 2014 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We just watched eps 1 & 2 of a new show on STARZ called
The Missing. It's so good!

It's the story of a boy that went missing in France.

http://www.starz.com/originals/themissing

When five year-old Oliver Hughes disappears while on holiday in France, it sets off a nearly decade-long search for his whereabouts. “The Missing,” a STARZ Limited Series, is a dramatic thriller that takes you inside the mind of a father, Tony (played by James Nesbitt), desperate to locate his lost son. With help from a legendary detective (played by Tchéky Karyo), Tony embarks on an obsessive quest to find his son and those responsible for his disappearance. A gripping puzzle with twists and turns at every stage, Tony’s exhaustive search fractures his relationship with his wife, Emily (played by Frances O’Connor), and threatens to destroy his life. Told through a complex narrative, “The Missing” unfolds over two time frames simultaneously.

I can't stress enough how good this show is. Part of every episode takes place 8 years ago at the time the boy went missing, and the other part is present time. It premiered tonight, but both the 1st and 2nd eps are already in STARZ on-demand.

I don't do a lot of raving, but I am raving about this one.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, November 16, 2014 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja. I'm going to check it out.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 17, 2014 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Rieann, let me know if you liked it as much I did.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 12:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I did, Naja. I'm in! I wish we could binge watch the whole season. :-)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
State of Affairs... wow! What Madam Secretary couldn't do this new show surely can! Will keep watching...

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You liked it, Spunky? That's encouraging because I had heard a few bad reviews. I'm looking forward to watching it now.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
State of Affairs: I will give it another look, but wasn't overly impressed. She is kind of a wild card. Don't know if that is good or bad. :-)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yes, it has that kick that I was looking for in Madam Secretary and couldn't find, I guess the diplomatic world is for those who like to dream, but the CIA world could show you the other side of the medal... not a pretty one but I like the show has the guts to not stick to the 'politically correct' for a change.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I watched State of Affairs and I must say that I enjoyed it. Good recommendation!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I couldn't take it, she has such a brash manner in it and the subject matter was just too horrible. I need escape, not reminders of terrible things currently happening.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Hey Naja, put who you think is the guilty party in 'The Missing'. I'm always interested in your predictions. My theories keep changing. I think there are only 4 episodes left.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 05, 2015 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Rieann, I'm sorry I didn't see your post back when you posted. I really was stumped until the end with The Missing.

Cougar Town final season starts tomorrow, Tuesday, Jan 6. (TBS)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mythbusters is back with new episodes starting
Saturday, January 10. Discovery Channel.

btw, Kari, Tory and Grant were all fired... and the show will be only be Jamie and Adam.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I liked the 3 sidekicks, but I'm glad to get back to just Jamie and Adam.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Naja any clue why they were fired? It just seems odd to me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I think it was Kari that tweeted the excuse the show gave them was that "they were taking the show in a different direction".

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think they are trying to recapture the magic of the first seasons. I was talking to a coworker right before the "firings" and he said he never watched any more because the "two guys" were barely on it. I think people watched because of the two guys. And I'm sure it's a leaner budget with a cast of 2 rather than 5! Of course there are a lot of behind the scenes people...

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, January 10, 2015 - 11:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Just got done with binge watching The Missing on STARZ and I agree with Naja - great show!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am so thrilled you liked it, Kappy. It really was great! :-)

Hobbs

08-05-2002

Tuesday, January 13, 2015 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hobbs a private message Print Post    
I've been seeing a bunch of ads during football for The Odd Couple with Matt Perry as Oscar on CBS. Starts when Two and a Half Men ends. There are SOOOO many thing wrong with this.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I still watch State of Affairs, really feels as they're telling current states... compared to Madam Secretary which feels more like an America in Fantasyland..