TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 08, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Shark Tank: Archive through March 08, 2014 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Big bidding war by the sharks for the Scrub Daddy.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Just read their web page. Hope one of the Sharks got in on this product.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
They changed the Shark Tank time. Now its against to many of my favs.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
This had the sharks in a bidding war last Friday. IIRC, guy came in and asked for $90,000 for 5%. Most of the sharks liked his product big time. One shark offered $1MM (yes, $1 million) for more, but still not a huge percentage. Other good offers too. The guy was smart, but thought he was smarter than the sharks. NOT. Ultimately he lost out on the $1MM and a $900,000 offer. He went away with pretty much only what he asked for in the beginning due to his own stupidity and arrogance.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Daymond tweeted his frustration about that guy, "FYI: this pitch took over 2hrs!!! That's y I got so angry with his crap! #SHARKtank"

https://twitter.com/TheSharkDaymond

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The guy was getting these great offers -- two in particular. But then he'd ask the sharks if anyone wanted to better the offer(s). Sharks kept telling him to accept an offer or not. He would not commit. Paraphrased, "Anyone have another (better) offer?" So then sharks started withdrawing the really good offers. He ended up getting pretty much only what he asked for in the beginning. So he was basically a looser.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I think the fellow that turned down the million dollar offer just wanted the free advertising that appearing on Shark Tank would bring. He was already on QVC & in stores & making money.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I think it was QVC and only one store -- Wal-Mart. I don't shop at either, so hadn't heard of the item. Just looked on Amazon -- not there.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
He did eventually take the offer, so I do think he wanted help. He just thought a lot of his 'negotiating' skills, but apparently he hasn't watched the show - 'cause there isn't much negotiation!

Gidget

07-28-2002

Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
I love this show but had no power last Friday. I rarely use ondemand but Colordeagua's post 11/8 piqued my curiosity. I'm glad I watched it.

I do think the Sharks are willing to negotiate with people who "get" it.

There seem to be two ongoing problems with the chum. A lot of them don't have a full picture of business. Some have none. Some have partial. And the smart ones recognize this and try to be honest about it without looking like total amateurs.

The second problem is with valuation. If they start from a ridiculous valuation, there really isn't anywhere to negotiate.

Mr. Princeton had a big problem with valuation and to make things worse, thought he could trick the sharks into getting to his mystery valuation. It was ludicrous.

And there is one more problem I have been seeing lately. Advisors who are doing more harm than good. I felt bad for the guy who got a valuation from his professor then called the guy to discuss the shark's perspective. Old Mr. Sitting in an Ivy Bordered office advised him to not back down an inch. He walked out with nothing.

Oh and there is no way I would pay $5 for a tin of those Granny candies no matter how much I would like to try them. I am seriously addicted to Altoids and I won't buy them above $2.29 and that is only when I am really desperate.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
One of the sharks, Robert Herjavec, is going to be on Jeff Probst Show next Friday, February 1. I like him and Barbara and sometimes Mark Cuban and Daymond John. Kevin "Mr. Wonderful" O'Leary, you're dead to me.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Kevin is going to be at our Chapters bookstore on Wednesday to promo his book. Hubby wants to go but I am afraid there will be a fistfight as he hates Kevin.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
My DS and I watch this show together, and we still love it. Not so fond of Mr. Wonderful, but I wonder if he's actually nicer in real life and just plays it up on the show?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I really do like the show and the various shark personalities. Cheap one to produce for ABC.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think Damon can be ruder than Mr W. I love them all! The one on the end rarely invests

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Robert? He's pretty careful, but often when he does bite, he loses out to others.

Damon can be rude too, but he doesn't consistently proclaim how it's all about the money, which is what makes Kevin seem so cold.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
I don't think Damon is rude, I think he is blunt. He bails early if he thinks he cannot add value. And when someone is being ridiculous he isn't afraid to say it. Since I hate PC, I really like Damon for that.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes, Robert. Well, on this show it really is all about money :-) Mr W actually cracks me up, I guess I dont take him too seriously. How can I take someone too serious that refers to himself as Mr Wonderful haha

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, May 10, 2013 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Last week Mr. W kinda got socked? He looked just a little deflated. I don't remember what the dollar amount involved was or what proposed business was, but Mr. W offered dollar amount for 30%. Mark Cuban offered same dollar amount for 35%. There wasn't any discussion about what else Mr. W or Mark could bring to the agreement. Offers were the same except for percentage. The "inventor" (or whatever) chose Mark Cuban. He can be difficult too when he offers, but I'd still prefer to work with him than Mr. W.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Interesting show tonight -- first and last products pitched. Interesting how deals were finally made. Last deal, inventor made a deal with Mark Cuban.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
I didn't see the end of the segment with the guy with the bike lights? What happened with him? Did he get a deal?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just knew that Mark Cuban was waiting for everyone to bail out of the final guy's product (some kind of shoe laces) As soon as the guy countered, Mark jumped in for the deal. I actually thought Mark would make a good partner for him.

On the bike lights, he got a deal with Robert. Mark jumped all over the guy because when the Robert offered double for the same equity %, the guy didn't get all excited. Mark said that he was only there for exposure, not to get a deal. Robert said that he didn't see it that way. It was kind of weird. I was wondering if something happened to Mark in the past on Shark Tank that made him think that is what was going on.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Re the bike lights "haggling" for a deal. Usually all the sharks, including Robert, will go after inventor for not accepting a good deal right away when it's offered. Inventor wants to wait to see if any other offers first. So this time Robert understood the hesitation. That I don't get. What was SO different about this inventor as compared to others that it was OK?

Sometimes (all the time?) I really do not like Kevin. $$$ is the only thing that matters to him. OK. I don't like him.

I was kind of interested in the shoelace things. Tried googling. Sold on Amazon. Looked at reviews. Generally kinda good, but one comment was something that Laurie asked about. I'll pass on those, but there are another kind of laces, Lock Laces, that could be interesting. Probably will order those with my next Amazon order.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
this show is like a million dollar commercial for these products. I can see more people in the future not taking offers, they just go on for exposure like Cuban said

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, March 08, 2014 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
True! Then I (anyone interested) goes to Amazon to see if it's being sold there. Depending on the product, often is. Reviews had better be good.