TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 16, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 16, 2014 users admin

Calamity

10-18-2001

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Oh, they're repeating the pilot for Manhattan tonight. I watched some on Sunday, in-between & after the "Essentials Jr" double feature on TCM. It was okay (what I've seen) but not sure it's a good sign I'd already forgotten about it (not to mention I had guessed the ending). But maybe it's what made me think of Homefront.

And now I just remembered I also saw one epi of a New Zealand (I think) show about reincarnated Norse gods...but I forgot to watch it again.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Norse gods from New Zealand equals The Almighty Johnson's Calamity. One of my all time favourite tv shows EVER!! Broke my heart to see it come to an end but it did it with style. Lolol. Does take a few episodes to get into it but IMHO worth the investment.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 4:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
That's the one, Rissa. (Like there's so many NZ shows about Norse deities!) I saw what I think must been the pilot epi but that's it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
NP. It really is quirky and I can remember the first 3-4 episodes asking myself why the heck I was continuing to watch. But then Ty will start breaking your heart, Mike is such a rockstar, and grandpa is so over the top. If I recall it was the 2nd season when the Goddess' started gelling for me. I had never seen Keisha Castle Hughes in anything besides Whale Rider and Star Wars and this is very different for her.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have recorded Manhattan but haven't watched it. Is it worth watching or should I go ahead and delete the season pass from my DVR?

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Thanks, again, Rissa.

I think it's worth giving Manhattan a chance, Lexie. The pilot didn't totally grab me but the writing's smart, it has nice production values, and a few performances already stand out...so I can accept a somewhat slow start. At least it has a unique premise. I'm curious how historically accurate it will be versus retro dramatic. Hope it can do both.

P.S. I mowed the lawn and missed both The Big Bang Theory & The Millers last night. Recorded Welcome to Sweden.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched The Smoke? I find I get tense watching this and feel like a ran a marathon after. I love Jamie Bamber so he was why I thought I'd give it a go. What happens to him is just heart breaking.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Chelsea Lately - I am really enjoying these final shows she has done. The other night, it might have been Wednesday (I tape them) they did a very funny song telling Justin Beiber to go back to Canada.

She seems to be really enjoying them as well and has said now that she is leaving she is really enjoying herself, LOL.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Just finishing up the final episode of Happy Valley (from the BBC, newly available on Netflix). Can't recommend it enough, wonderful show. Sarah Lancashire stars as a police officer, raising her grandson who was conceived from rape. The boy's mother couldn't live with looking at the baby's face and knowing where he came from and committed suicide when the baby was only 6 weeks old. Sarah's husband refused to live with the child either, so divorced her, leaving her to raise the baby on her own with her sister who is a recovering heroin addict. The story starts about 8 yrs later when the rapist is being released from prison (for something else, was never charged with the rape). Read it has been renewed for a second season, can't wait!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, August 23, 2014 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed Happy Valley too, Rissa.

It was pretty dark at times, but I was hooked on the storylines and performances. I'm glad it is going to have another season.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching The Strain? So far its interesting and exciting.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I found a place for this show. So in the words of the late great Emily Litella--'never mind'.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
no Emmy thread :-(

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There was one started the very day of the nominations lower on the page, but I see another separate one was started couple days ago without anybody checking.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 25, 2014 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Forever and Scorpion are starting tonight. I am interested in seeing what both of them are like.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, November 04, 2014 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee returns this Thursday (Nov, 6th). Yay! Here's the promo...

http://www.crackle.com/c/comedians-in-cars-getting-coffee

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 08, 2014 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Has anybody else been watching "The Chair" on STARZ? It's a reality show with two separate new directors creating the same movie.

I've watched the whole season and made it all the way through Anna's movie "Hollidaysburg". I thought it was ok but a little dull.

Then tried to sit through Shane's movie "Not Cool". I think I made it 15 minutes before I needed a break, It is toilet humor. Just for the sake of saying I saw the movie, I will try to finish it later this weekend. But honestly, it was juvenile garbage from what I saw so far. I am hoping it gets better after that first gross 15 mins.

eta: if you have STARZ, both of their finished movies are available to watch in on demand.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, November 14, 2014 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Don't know if anyone watches Jane The Virgin, but an actor from that show was on the TV (Access Hollywood Live) when I turned it on in the LR today. His name is Justin Baldoni and he made a 27 minute proposal video for his girlfriend Emily a year or two ago which is on Youtube.

Some of you may have already seen it, but I just watched it and it's awesome. Get through the first part (talking) and then be entertained! Does anyone know who the guy on Justin's left is when they are in wigs & dresses? Today, he said they were all his friends. That guy looks so familiar. I've seen him on some show. He's a great dancer as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVTr5MNa_8Y

Justin Baldoni's Engagement Video

He and his wife, Emily, were married July 27, 2013. She is one lucky gal. Great proposal.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 24, 2014 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For anybody watching "Z Nation", I just wanted to mention how cool it was to see a "zombie bear"! LOL!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, November 24, 2014 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I love z nation. The Zombie bear was kind of sad, if animals start getting it, would not be good. I was afraid when they had the whole show with Citizen Z that the dog was dying and would be a zombie soon, but was glad it was a dream with a point.

Except for Z most of the show is different part of the country different solution, sadly most of them fail as this main group leaves.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 24, 2014 - 11:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Omg, it's fiction.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, December 05, 2014 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed Z nation and hated to see the first season end. It should be interesting to see how Murphy's powers work in the future. Hopefully Doc makes a full recovery.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 14, 2014 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
These commercials for Backstrom on Fox, look pretty entertaining, starts in Jan.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Is anyone else watching The Affair? I love how it's showing us the two different perspectives and can't wait for the finale this Sunday.