TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 18, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 18, 2014 users admin

Gumby

08-14-2004

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
I would spoil for you Dipo, but it's just something you have to see for yourself. I'm sure you'll understand once it airs there. Just get ready, that's all I'm going to say about it. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know, Gumby, it just cracks me up. Wil Wheatons tweets are what turned me onto the original Sharknado. It will be too funny, even though I know it will repeat several times I may have to tape it.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 4:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
It's on our DVR for next weekend when we can watch it with a few drinks available.
It's soooo bad that it's good fun.
RiffTrax (the Mystery Science Theater 3000 guys) riffed on the original last month (bummed we missed it).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, the local noon news just did a quick story on Sharnado2, cracked me up.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I have to say that Al Roker did lend credence to the possibility that it was happening. Great job Al!

You gotta love it when Tara is up within hours of losing her hand and running through NYC in high heels to save her man!

I give credit to Liam because it's not saying much when he's carrying the entire movie! There should be a contest as to who did the worst acting - and it wasn't the non-actors!

The cameos were great esepcially the guy from Shark Tank.

Missed opportunities -
Governor Christie calling in with advice on how to eat a shark.
Liam yelling "yippy ca yay" as he flew the plane.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I cracked up at Kelly Osborne as a flight attendant, LOL. And it was really funny that Anne and Wil Wheaton were on the plane.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Trailer for the new zombie tv show, Z-Nation from Syfy. Starts in September.

http://tvline.com/2014/08/01/z-nation-trailer-syfy-video/

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
New movie on tomorrow night with Conan doing a cameo on the beach ~ Sharktopus vs Pteracuda. It promises to be just as bad as Sharknado - maybe even worse.

Can't wait!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Is anyone still watching Z Nation? I'm about four episodes behind and I'm not sure I can take anymore! Is it worth sticking with?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching it Kitt. Z Nation is shallow but to me, it's also fun. And because the characters are so two dimensional, I don't even get upset when they kill off a major one.

I guess I see it as more of a zombie sitcom than an actual "drama". I don't take it seriously so it never disappoints.

<-- zombie smiley

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I can't quite get into that mindset, although I did laugh out loud at an episode today, so it's not all a loss. And I do like the guy in the spy in the sky office.

It's already been renewed for season two so it must be getting good numbers!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, December 06, 2014 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Syfy is doing a "three night event" called Ascension, starting December 15th. Trailers are here: http://www.syfy.com/videos/Ascension/Promos%20&%20Trailers/vid:2824738/?__source=Maxus_Ascension_Season1&WT.srch=Search

In 1963, the U.S. government launched a covert space mission sending hundreds of men, women and children on a century-long voyage aboard the starship Ascension to populate a new world. Nearly 50 years into the journey, as they approach the point of no return, a mysterious murder of a young woman causes the ship’s population to question the true nature of their mission.

Tricia Helfer - known and loved by million as Cylon Number Six in Battlestar Galactica- is part of the cast. She will play Viondra Denniger, a beautiful, manipulative and dangerous power broker on the Ascension.

Brian Van Holt - star of Cougar Town and The Bridge - will play William Denninger, captain of the ship and Viondra's husband. A natural leader, William quickly rose through the ranks after playing a heroic role in a fire early in the spacecraft's voyage. While his professional life is solid, William's marriage to Viondra is anything but.

Andrea Roth, star of Rescue Me, will play Juliet Bryce, head doctor of the Ascension. Her relationship with her daughter, Nora (played by Jacqueline Byers) is difficult and strained. Nora, for her part, is a young woman under intense pressure to follow in the family's footsteps of being a doctor despite her own dreams.

Rounding out the cast are Brandon P. Bell as First Officer Oren Gault, who was born on the lower decks of the ship to maintenance workers and must investigate the aforementioned murder; Tiffany Lonsdale as Chief Astronomer Emily Vanderhaus, the older sister of the murder victim; and PJ Boudousque (Pretty Little Liars) as one of the ship's maintenance workers.

http://www.syfy.com/ascension/about

I saw the trailer during Z Nation, which I am still watching, and am liking more and more now. I'm still five or so episodes behind, just seen the one "with" the Russian cosmonaut. I'm curious to see where they're going to go with the half zombie guy.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, December 07, 2014 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed Z nation and I'm so glad it was renewed. I hated to see the first season end. It should be interesting to see how Murphy's powers work in the future and how he affects others. Also happy that the young couple may have gotten out of that ranch alive. If the Doc makes a full recovery, it's all good ~ That is assuming Citizen Z can stop the missles, lol.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, December 08, 2014 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Not sure where the z nation story is going to go. But at least we know how they got there. Poor patient zero. So sad.n

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 08, 2014 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Mrs. Rachel Kershaw @RachelNichols1

The rumor is true: #CONTINUUM gets a final, fourth season. Six episodes to be shot this spring and air in 2015...

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, December 09, 2014 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Oh this is good news!!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ascension was odd. I wasn't sure what was going on but I didn't think that was!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I watched it too. Not sure if I'll keep watching, but I guess it is only 2 more nights.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The end of the first ep of Ascension was wild. I did not see that coming.

Brian Van Holt is so good at playing a dufus like he did on Cougar Town and The Bridge, that it always feels weird to see him play a serious role. He's the captain.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't recognise him! When he doesn't make silly expressions he looks like a different man.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 1:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I assume that Ascension will be become a series??

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
I hope not. What a mess.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
LOL, Sarah ~ It really was hard to even remain in the room while it was on but I kept coming back expecting it to get better.

I'm assuming they left the storyline open in the case that the mini series was successful - they would turn it into a series.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Worst miniseries ending ever. In that there was no ending. What a waste of six hours!

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Thursday, December 18, 2014 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
Exactly, Kitt.

I could forgive the plot holes large enough to drive a truck through (take 600 of the best and the brightest in the world and stick them in closed environment AND NO ONE WONDERS WHY THEY ARE MISSING?!?!), but the ending was ridiculous.