TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 30, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: BBC TV Shows: Archive through October 30, 2014 users admin

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 3:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Just a heads up for those that enjoy Ripper Street. Feb. 22 is the season two premier! I can't wait!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Teach, we are Wallander fans here. Kenneth Bannagh knocks everything he's in out of the ballpark. I have been a huge fan of his forever. Love his Shakespeare stuff.

I also have been onboard with Ripper Street since the beginning. I am also a big fan of Matthew Macfaydan.

Oxies_luv

05-13-2005

Saturday, February 22, 2014 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oxies_luv a private message Print Post    
We are watching Fleming, still have the last one to watch. We've enjoyed it.

Also, looking forward to Ripper Street.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I just put a post in the cancelations/renewals thread that Ripper Street will WILL have a third season on Amazon. Amazon made a deal with BBC America for streaming rights. Article and link in other thread. :-)

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Monday, March 03, 2014 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Rieann thanks for letting us know about Ripper Street Season 3! I'm thrilled to hear it!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
You're welcome, Windowbox. I'm glad Amazon saved it. :-)

I checked out season one of Last Tango in Halifax from my library. I'm really enjoying it. I'm about to start episode 4 (6 eps total per season). I think PBS has been running season one and they are about to start airing season two.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2216156/

Boberg

10-04-2002

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
"As Time Goes By" I have been watching this on BBC stars Judi Dench. Very enjoyable. Older couple with grown daughters sitcom. I recommend it to the baby boomer age group if you like Judi Dench and light hearted comedy.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I love As Time Goes By. It always makes me lol. I watch it on PBS out of NY. and I've been waiting for Last Tango in Halifax to air but it hasn't yet.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Oh Jasper & Boberg yes, As Time Goes By is one of the best shows EVER! Luv it to pieces. Can't get enough of those delightful reruns.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, March 30, 2014 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Woke up to snow today... so I'm binge watching Sherlock on Netflix. I am really enjoying it but the actor who plays Sherlock looks like Axle's (The Middle) long lost brother.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think most of the UK and I were singing along with Barry Manilow on Graham Norton tonight.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Now this looks interesting!

BBC AMERICA’s new original series Intruders

The series is about a secret society devoted to chasing immortality by seeking refuge in the bodies of others. Produced by BBC Worldwide Productions, from writer and executive producer Glen Morgan (The X-Files), the series is based on Michael Marshall Smith’s novel The Intruders. Intruders premieres August 23 at 10/9c on BBC AMERICA.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/intruders/

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched the show Almost Royal? It sounds pretty funny...

Almost Royal is a faux-reality television series on the BBC America network. It is their first original comedy series. It follows the lives of two clueless British aristocrats—Georgie and Poppy Carlton—visiting the United States for the first time. The series stars Ed Gamble and Amy Hoggart as Georgie and Poppy, respectively. It is produced by Burning Bright Productions and premiered on June 21, 2014.[1] While Georgie and Poppy are both portrayed by actors it is unclear whether the Americans with whom they interact in the show are aware of this.[

Plot[edit]

The series begins after Georgie and Poppy's father suffers a fatal accident. His dying wish was for his children to travel to the United States, a country he loved. Thus, Georgie and Poppy travel across the Atlantic, first to Los Angeles, then to Boston and Philadelphia.[2] Georgie hopes to become more manly from learning about the United States, while Poppy hopes to procure a job that does not require very much work, such as an actress.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almost_Royal

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Here is the Almost Royal trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY4UgLsiyFs

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Poppy and Georgie" were guests on the Graham Norton Show a few weeks ago, but they came as their characters in "Almost Royal", not as the actors they really are.

The show is funny. It's done in the theme of the movie "Borat". These two clueless "aristocrats" use various real people in different situations as the "straight man" to their clueless upper crust British characters.

There are clips and possibly some full episodes of "Almost Royal" on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=almost+royal+episode+1+

ETA - oops those youtube clips are some sort of Aftershow program, not the actual "Almost Royal" program!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Here is a youtube introduction to Poppy and Georgie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY4UgLsiyFs

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I missed them on Graham Norton. I'll have to watch that. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 19, 2014 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Graham Norton is back on October 4th. Yay! :-)

Guests for premiere night are Denzel Washington, Peter Capaldi, and British actress Gemma Arterton.

Richardgirl

08-23-2013

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Richardgirl a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched the Musketeers? I'm hooked on it! Great writing, great acting (especially from Tom Burke/Athos), funny, exciting~~not to mention hot, sexy leading men!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 24, 2014 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Yay Naja! Thanks for the update.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
has anyone been watching Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries...it is an Australian series and is fabulous. The time period is the 1929's (I think) so the clothes that she wears are just marvelous and she makes a great detective and really huge supporter of womens rights.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Funny I was just going to post in the British thread or this about Lark Rise to Candleford. I just finished watching the whole series. I was disappointed to see that it was cancelled. It was one of those shows I'd think, hmm I'm going to watch something gentle.

I have seen Miss Fisher on the BBC site but they have yet to air it on Canadian BBC. frankly I am finding they are showing less and less British shows on that station. I tend to watch PBS or Vision (here) for them. I'll definitley keep,an eye out for it.

Irsnappy

01-13-2009

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irsnappy a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I watch all my British shows on PBS here in NY

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
I enjoy Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries also. I love the period costumes!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Benedict Cumberbatch is on Graham Norton this weekend for all of us Cumberbatch fans. I saw the preview for his new film last night and it looks so good.