TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 01, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 01, 2014 users admin

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, November 24, 2014 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
So why did the preacher sneak off like that? So bizarre.
Rick's plan was probably better, but 2 people wanted to go in a different direction and he went with them. I think that kidnapping plan is already blowing up in their faces.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 24, 2014 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
where the heck is that scared cat priest going? i hate his character AND his storyline!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 30, 2014 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think the preacher thinks that Rick's group are dangerous and he might just be better off out of there. But once he sees Bob's foot maybe he'll think they might not be so bad after all.

Mid season finale tonight. Chris Hardwick has tweeted that's it's "insane!"

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, November 30, 2014 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Yeah this priest isn't the scardy cat he is portrayed- did you see him pick up that walker and throw him? Something is not right with this man- LOL

These are the people I wish they would do away with on tonight's episode..... I have never been a fan of Sasha- she can go! This priest can also go! Abraham, Eugene and Abe's GF - they can all get killed off too, could care less about all of these people. LOL That's it besides the bad people at the hospital .than I'll be good.

I just want this group to all come together now.

And there is ALWAYS a cliff hanger at the finale shows.

That's what makes these darn 3 mths before the next episode waiting period hard.
Just not ready to see any of the others not on my above list go..... Praying the writers keep all the main people alive

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, November 30, 2014 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I felt too much time wasted on that useless priest...I hate that character and storyline...worst one ever!

the actress that plays Beth made me cry more when I watched her on talking dead...feel so bad for her, you can tell she is so hurt not being on the show anymore....it's kind of like getting laid off :-(

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, November 30, 2014 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And did you hear her say she only heard during filming episode 7 about what would happen in episode 8?! What's that, one or two week's notice?!

I was getting a little annoyed at the pacing but they kind of got to where they needed to be at the end. Apart from the obvious.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, November 30, 2014 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oooh i misunderstood... I thought she meant she found out last season this season would be her last...poor lil thing, she is still in mourning, she has only known a few weeks she didnt have a job!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, December 01, 2014 - 12:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I was so bummed, the show had ended east coast at 7pm my time so we still had a couple hours left before the show started here. I'm scrolling on FB and the walking dead site posted a large photo of Daryl carrying Beth and saying RIP

Really bummed I found out the end. Sad to see them kill her off when we have a load of crappy characters. I would loved to see how Beth evolved after her hospital experience. Bummer they couldn't kill off Eugene or Rosita, both useless, nothing characters.imo

Bring in some new writers! Lol

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Monday, December 01, 2014 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
Wish I hadn't already deleted the show. Didn't Dawn tell everyone to holster their weapons? I didn't think she had the gun in her hand when Beth stabbed her but suddenly there it was.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 01, 2014 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just checked, yes, everyone had holstered their weapons, including Dawn. Then she starts talking about getting Noah and they avoid showing her gun hand... maybe when she starts being a B__ch she holds her gun again. Or maybe it's one swift movement, Old West style, from the holster to shooting.

I read about that, Lostfan. AMC spoilt on Facebook and on their Instagram channel. So bad of them.

Pamy, in this interview
http://tvline.com/2014/11/30/the-walking-dead-beth-dies-season-5-midseason-finale-emily-kinney-interview/
Emily Kinney says she was told just before filming her Episode 7 scenes, so days not even weeks. She's crying in that interview too, poor girl!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 01, 2014 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I was disappointed.

We're to believe that somehow Beth becomes so inept that she misses Dawn's neck in her attempt to kill her and somehow simultaneously Dawn pulls out her weapon (from her waist) and aims UP to shoot her in the head?

I may need to stop watching, this show has become too invested in just killing people off to say they killed them off.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 01, 2014 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
On Talking Dead Chris said something like he could see it coming, because Beth had become strong and kind of completed her arc (I'm strongly paraphrasing here) so she had to die, and that writer guy kind of said "are we that obvious?" Well yes, yes you are.

(Although Beth did stab Dawn in the heart, so she probably met her target, she just didn't have long enough scissors.)

I think there's been some bad writing and pacing this season. I'm trying to ignore it because I'm so invested in the series. I hope next season they meet nice people and do happy things. It doesn't have to be all terror all the time to be good.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 01, 2014 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Reading some stuff about the episode and apparently a lot of people missed Morgan. He was in a short scene after the credits, like in episode one. His bit's here, in case anyone did miss it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWHs2VIPTeo

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 01, 2014 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I remember Chris saying he didn't see it coming. It was the writer who said it was her story arc.

Chris also said Beth stabbed Dawn in the neck, which is where I got that, actually. But looking at the scissors, way too high for the heart, and too low for the neck. They are about clavical level.

So, that's why I was confused/disappointed. It just didn't fit.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 01, 2014 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Chris said early on he didn't see it coming, but later he did make that comment I mentioned (or something like it) and the writer guy said "are we that transparent?" or a phrase like that.

Yeah, looking again, not quite the heart, but I think that was what she was aiming for. To kill Dawn in a conventional way, a stab to the chest, not the scary way with blood spatter everywhere.

I really think Beth knew she was most likely sacrificing herself. She couldn't live with herself if she let the hospital go back to what it was, so she had to take the matter into her own hands, knowing that most likely somehow she'd be killed as a result. A bit stupid because she put everyone t risk, but what is she now, 18? She probably didn't think that through.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 01, 2014 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't know if she cared about the hospital. I think she was a) saving Noah; and b) ending Dawn's reign of terror. It was a more personal thing about Dawn, than concern for the hospital itself.

Still, why stab her in a way that was so ineffectual? Just doesn't make sense. And the gun going off and shooting her in the head doesn't make sense either.

Anyway, I just found it rather unsatisfying. JMO.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, December 01, 2014 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Beth could have died many times over already in much more beleivable ways, so this really felt like something not well thought out!
And what was the purpose of the reverend sneaking off only to lead a herd of walkers right back to the church with only a boy and a woman protecting it???

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 01, 2014 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was 1000x sadder seeing the actress cry on TD than I was to see the character of Beth killed off. I didn't dislike Beth, she just wasn't very interesting or entertaining to me.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 01, 2014 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Me too on the way it affected me! She seems like she's still shocked about it. I didn't mind Beth though, I think it's realistic to have some kind of lesser(? by that I mean characters who aren't really full on like Rick or Daryl) characters and she sure did have a lovely voice.

Sarahsmiles

02-09-2012

Monday, December 01, 2014 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarahsmiles a private message Print Post    
I didn't get the impression that she was shocked but rather very sad about leaving her friends and home. I get the impression they were all very good friends and made a home for themselves in Georgia.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, December 01, 2014 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
When dawn shot Beth in the head, it looked like she was mouthing something to the effect that it was an accident.... ???

That's when Daryl shot her in the head. Does anyone else think that is what Dawn was saying before Daryl shot her?

These guys had been done shooting the last episode for a few weeks to a month now. My friend was just out there a couple weeks ago filming the promo for mid season..... Beth wasn't on set. He didn't tell me this until today- do to a NDA

But the loss is still fresh for her... I think that is probably why she didn't come on talking dead till after 1/2 way, she was prob to emotional to do the whole hour. It really is like,being fired

I wish her gun would have missed Beth and hit Rosita, Abe or Eugene! 😁😝

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 01, 2014 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lostfan, yes, that is what she was saying, that it was an accident.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, December 01, 2014 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks Karuuna.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 01, 2014 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'd both love that and hate that, seeing it film. It would be so interesting and yet at the same time you might find out too much!

I agree, re Emily coming on later on TD, plus they wanted to talk to the writer guy. It was a bit awkward once Emily was there, as whether or not the writer guy was responsible for her exit it kind of felt like it was all his fault that she was so traumatised!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, December 01, 2014 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I might add that I kept wanting the writer to say something, anything to her, especially when she was crying.

But he wouldn't even look at her.

Am i the only one bothered by that?