TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 09, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul: Archive through March 09, 2014 users admin

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, October 11, 2013 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Bryan Cranston's underwear sold for nearly $10,000 at 'Breaking Bad' auction

$9,900 for Walt's tighty-whities!

http://t.entertainment.msn.com/bryan-cranstons-underwear-sold-for-nearly-dollar10000-at-breaking-bad-auction

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, October 11, 2013 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Wow! That's amazing. I wonder if the lucky bidder will get them "as is" or in a laundered state.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You guys just have to read the fan letter the super great actor Anthony Hopkins wrote to Bryan Cranston after fishing a marathon of the show.

It's the area lower on the page highlighted in pink if you don't want to read the extraneous stuff.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2460015/Anthony-Hopkins-fan-letter-Breaking-Bads-Bryan-Cranston.html

Here is just the beginning part:

Dear Mister Cranston.

I wanted to write you this email – so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber – I take it we are both represented by UTA . Great agency.

I’ve just finished a marathon of watching "BREAKING BAD" – from episode one of the First Season – to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen – ever.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Cool! Thanks for sharing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
YW :-) and I meant "finishing" not "fishing", but I think you got that....LOL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It was nice that he took the time to do that. Thanks.

(Anthony Hopkins is really showing his age, or maybe I'm used to seeing him with make up on in movies.)

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
Was re-watching some episodes recently and noticed a blooper. Well really a mistake that Walter made. In the episode where they are stealing the chemical from the train, Walter says that water is slightly heavier then the chemical. So they should not have been putting the water into the train tank before they completely drained off however much of the chemical they wanted. Since water is heavier, it would have sank to the bottom and the chemical would have floated on top of it so they would have been draining the water they put in instead of the chemical itself. No one seemed to notice this contradiction. The writers made a mistake with that. Does anyone agree?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
My thought at the time was that if you're draining from the bottom and pouring water in the top, isn't it going to start to mix together and toward the end you'd be draining a mix of water and chemical? But I'm not chemist so I just went along for the ride and tried to appreciate their clever plan and the drama around it.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 2:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
BB=Not too shabby

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We just finished season 1, and this show isn't anything I had been imagining. I had no idea it also had a lot of comedy. We are really enjoying it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 03, 2014 - 12:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know how it went for you all that have already seen the whole series, but I can tell you the "addicted and can't wait until the next ep" feeling finally came just past mid-way of season 2. OMG, this show is getting crazy.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, January 03, 2014 - 1:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think I was midway through season 1 when it hit me. Yep, it's addicting. It also felt to me like there was less humor as it went on, but I was already hooked. Glad you're enjoying it! Wish I could watch it fresh all over again. It's a unique experience.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
It definitely has dark humor. I loved the series. I think it's one of the best I've ever seen. I didn't watch it in real time, but watched on Netflix and then caught the last season on Amazon. I will probably watch it again. I've been a Bryan Cranston fan since Malcolm in the Middle.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It just took me 2 weeks to watch the whole show, beginning to end, but I ended up watching the second half of the final season for a second time because it was so wild and confusing.

I think Walt and Hank both fell victim to their own egos. That's the thing they had in common that led to their deaths. (just me thinking out loud after my intense marathon of this show)

It's so funny to me that this show took 5 years to air on TV, but the time depicted on the show was almost exactly 2 years.

Anyway, I loved it. I'm glad I didn't watch it in real time because the suspense and cliffhangers would have ticked me off....LOL

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, January 08, 2014 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
LOL, Naja, I recently did the same thing, and I also would have hated waiting each week to watch it!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
What an awesome binge! I watched seasons 1-4 binge style and then got caught up on the first part of season 5 when they did a marathon. Then I had to wait for the second part of season 5, week by week, and it was torture! LOL! Binge is perfect for this series. It was a great one.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Same as Brenda on watching, binged for most of it then had to wait for the last season. It seems to be that the best shows are perfect for binging on, Walking Dead would be another one.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
I got hooked during the marathon -- had not even heard of this show.

Is it over for good or will there be another season?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 09, 2014 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It's done for good.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 3:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
thanks Brenda

Smokey

07-07-2003

Sunday, January 12, 2014 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Naja, it took me about 2 weeks to watch all the seasons, too. But the seasons were so short in comparison to other series. I loved it and agree, this is a great way to watch it, like it's one long movie. I really feel it is one of the best shows ever made. I am planning on starting to watch it again.

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Monday, January 13, 2014 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
Fantastic show. The best writing I've ever seen.

When we had a power failure over Christmas, we started binge watching. Finished up just before the Golden Globes. It took 3 weeks in all.

Golden Globes:
Breaking Bad won Best TV Series - Drama
Bryan Cranston won Best Actor - Series Drama

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Illinois meth-maker busted wearing ‘Breaking Bad' T-shirt

[PHOTO AT LINK]

The shirt says it all.

A wannabe meth kingpin was arrested in suburban Chicago on Monday while wearing a tee from the show "Breaking Bad."

Daniel Kowalski, 21, appeared in his mug shot wearing a shirt for Los Pollos Hermanos, a fictional fried chicken joint that served as a front for one character's meth empire.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ill-meth-maker-busted-wearing-breaking-bad-t-shirt-article-1.1702641

Jewels

09-22-2000

Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
Just watched the final episode last night. I binge watched the series over the Christmas holiday, but the last half of the last season just became available on Netflix on February 24th. My husband and I sloooowly watched it over the last couple of weeks trying to stretch it out as long as possible, even though I really wanted to just sit down and watch it all! I didn't want the series to end! Loved it!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, March 09, 2014 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Wasn't it great! I'm a bit envious of those just finishing up the series. One of the best on TV, from start to finish. Love that Jessie Pinkman!