TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 21, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Coronation Street: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 21, 2014 users admin

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
OMG--I just saw Helen Flanagan on Holby City. She was dreadful. Poor misguided girl should have stayed on Corrie.

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Well I have almost caught up on my tapes!

Thanks for the explanations about how Steph and Tina met.

Todd's current behaviour continues to bother me. It just seems so out of character from the boy he was.

It seems to me that they are introducing the ADHD as if it is something that people are not generally aware of. I don't always watch as closely as I might (I'm often doing something else at the same time!) I think that when asked if they had ever heard of ADHD, both Kylie and David said no. Is it possible that this is a less common diagnosis in UK than in Canada? It seems as if they are going with - "he's not just naughty, he has a real thing".

I can't figure out where they are going with the Gary/Izzy thing. It was sudden!

Agree about Dennis. I didn't like when it seemed that Rita was being sucked in by him again. I hope she finds some happiness.

I wish that Dennis had taken Tony with him!

Nice to see Ken back!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Puzzled what do you watch Holby City on? Ive never seen that one. She did play great "stupid self centered twit"

Lawrie you could be right, it seems so commonplace (unfortunately).

Ooo I think Tony is going to really let poor Jason down. He is a schemer and all around scum bucket. And Todd is right there with him. I wish they would have fleshed out his story more, maybe to give us some insight why he has had such a personality transplant.

The scenes with Ken and Deirdre were quite stressful. I thought one of them was going to have a heart attack.

Tracey is going to be in for a rude awakening with Rob. But I do hope it doesn't drag on and on.

Funny last night the scenes in the café with Tracey and Rob, I can't ever remember seeing the café from that angle.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I saw a little blurby that some eye candy for the ladies is coming to the street. One being the elusive father of Max. The other being the son of Gail's new fancyman.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, August 21, 2014 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I use a VPN to see programs in the UK and Australia, Jasper. Helen played a nurse in the Holby City episode--once again being a "stupid self centred twit." It really doesn't go down with being a nurse.

Does anyone else think that Rob's crime will somehow come out on his wedding day?

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Thursday, August 21, 2014 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Hadn't thought of that Puzzled. I'd like to see how they would have Tracyluv react to a wedding day arrest!

The appearance of Max's father could be a great story if handled well.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, August 21, 2014 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Tracyluv would go ballistic, and make someone's life a living hell.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 22, 2014 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 4:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Corrie is about to get sexy....

http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/extras/behind-the-scenes-the-rat-pack-photo-shoot

CAUTION! CONTAINS SPOILERS!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Wonder how long it will take Fiz to find out that inferior materials were used that caused Tyrone's injuries? How long till she flattens Jason his brother and father? I am afraid Jason is going to lose his business.
And have I missed anything on Owen and Anna? I havent seen them for some time now.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, September 14, 2014 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
About time they brought in some fresh people. The present gang have all played musical beds long enough. Owen and Anna do seem to have vanished into thin air. Maybe they're off caravanning?

Lawrie

08-03-2002

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lawrie a private message Print Post    
Good point on Owen & Anna. Maybe the actors are taking vacation time?

I was catching up over the weekend. Poor Robbie can't seem to catch a break. He must have been secretly pleased when Peter was on death's door with alcohol poisoning and disappointed when Peter pulled through!

A few days ago I saw this interview with Bruno Langley (Todd). Maybe it isn't just us who think that some characters have had personality transplants! "I always thought Todd was quite an intelligent guy but some of the things he’s being doing recently are not very clever"

http://www.itv.com/coronationstreet/previews/the-trouble-with-todd

I think that I am already tired of the Neil/Andrea thing.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I am so tired of Andrea and Neil! Where's that runaway train when you need it???
If Peter dies, Rob will get away with murder--unless Carla starts digging into things.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
Cablejockey,
we saw the episode yesterday where Carla has figured out that Peter is innocent of Tina's murder.
I was surprised also to see that there is an old picture of the MacDonald clan, with a smiling Jim in the center. Since Liz never wants to see him again and Steve certainly doesn't. If I had such hard feelings about someone I wouldn't be popping that particular snap on my mantle.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
In the real world, Andrea and/or Lloyd would have pressed stalking charges against Neil.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Monday, September 29, 2014 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I guess she needed time off. http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-09-29/corrie-actress-anne-kirkbride-to-take-extended-break/

I guess she needed a break.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Guess who is back?

Spoiler
Cilia

I hope she stays. I liked her.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I like her too, Pippin. Great fun.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, October 17, 2014 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'm looking forward to Cilia. Should be fun scenes with her and Beth.

They are really scrabbling for stories. Steve and depression? Kylie a druggie? Callum is pretty vile.. And where exactly are Kirk and Beth working all these extra shifts? The factory isn't open 24-7. They seem a little desperate especially the david Kylie stuff.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
The jail plot is pretty bad, too.

Peapod

01-31-2004

Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peapod a private message Print Post    
I'm kinda new (since the tram accicdent-whats that-2 years lol) so who cillia and what's the backstory? tia

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Cilla is Fiz and Chesney's mother. She's not much of a mom. Big loud brassy and a whole lotta fun and trouble. She was married to Leanne's father Les, they left the show years ago, Chesney was still in school. Cilla just left him with Fiz. She us a hoot though. I bet she'll walk in to a job at the factory or behind the bar.

Anyone else you need to know about Peapod just ask away, everyone here is full of info. And relationships get kind of convoluted!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Monday, October 20, 2014 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Peter/Rob spoiler

Spoiler
Peter is found guilty, I saw it on Facebook. Rob confesses to Carla on his wedding day. Still do not know what she does with this info.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Friday 31 October 2014
ITV IS NOT RELEASING ANY DETAIL FOR THIS EPISODE.

So this is the wedding episode on corrie.net. I can not wait to see it.

Peapod - corrie.net also covers all of the back stories on the characters.

http://corrie.net/profiles/characters/index.html

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Cilla had abandoned Fiz, too, and Roy and Hailey fostered Fiz. That's why Fiz and Roy have such a close relationship.