TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 04, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Big Bang Theory & Young Sheldon: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 04, 2014 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jim Parsons was on Jon Stewart tonight, so be sure the catch one of the reruns if you missed it.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You're welcome :-)

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 12:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Can someone remind me of where to find Jon Stewart show? I don't watch regularly, but occasionally bump into it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Comedy Central...nightly at 11Pm (I think).

ETA - It's actually called The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 12:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Thanks!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
So, Sheldon's running away again? Hmmm, they're recycling storylines. Hopefully they're not running out of ideas for this show.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Someone (sorry, can't remember who) WAY upthread was commenting on the way the writers treat Howard's mom, that denigrating humour towards the obese shouldn't be condoned. I have been replaying that opinion in my head the last couple episodes. It used to be the odd inappropriate snipe (which the whole show is so not sure where to draw the outrage line) but these two shows seem to have pushed that limit. It's no longer just a middle-aged woman with attachment issues. We are up to an increasingly elderly, obviously depressed, morbidly obese woman with multiple health issues whose husband abandoned her to raise a son alone and is now injured and bedridden. She has also never been anything but sweet and generous with Howard's friends (if a little inappropriate LOL). I am not going to dwell on it too much but who else would LOVE to see Debbie (she has a name now!!) start regaining her health and life next season? I have this image in my head of her (unseen) character tripping Howard up all season by not acting the way he expects her to. He can comment on the changes and perhaps her *growing up* will force Howard to. I even think it would be awesome if at the end of the series we actually get to see her and it's some bombshell like a Shannon Tweed type or another direction could be Fran Drescher (yes, I am casting as well). Anyone else with me or do you like the character as is?

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Rissa, I'm with you! I am so tired of Howard and his mother story line. Actually, I am really tired of Howard and how sleazy the writers have made him. It's not logical for someone like Bernadette to marry him. :-)

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Yes and it used to be just Howard that picked on his mom but now they all pile on. It's just mean and I don't think they intend for the characters to be mean, it's not consistent with the way they behave with everyone else in their lives (well except for the Sheldon/Kripke and Leslie Winkle dynamic).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
this ep wasnt funny at all..boring season ender

and I am also sick of the Howard mom hate

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the show, thought it was funny that raj eclipsed the engagement news, plus I thought Sheldon's reaction was so typical in that he didn't get it, or choose not to, LOL.

So sad that the comic book store burned up but I was happy that Stuart was enjoying his new job, so maybe, Rissa, you will get your wish and next season Debbie will be more active. After all when Howard was in space she was having sex with the dentist, LOL, where did he go.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how it goes next season. I was cracking up at Amy hitting Leonard with the pillow at the end.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, May 19, 2014 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I am thinking that Stuart and Debbie hit is off and he gets her moving again. Maybe Gastric Bypass? This of course will lead her to lose weight and get out more and perhaps she and Stuart will fall in love and get married. Then Stuart will be Howard's Father!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, May 19, 2014 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Also, I loved the finale. I think this makes way for tremendous growth for each of the characters.

Raj is in a relationship - which may allow him to grow.

The engagement will allow Penny and Leonard to move into new directions.

Sheldon: He is taking off and flying by the seat of his pants. Old Sheldon could not do that, he was a hostage to his routine. Since everything he knows is changing maybe this journey will bring him back a changed, or at least more flexible, man. Maybe this will allow him to have a deeper relationship with his woman :-)

If Debbie's character grows, maybe Howard and Bernadette's marriage can mature a bit as well.

:-)

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
It's Big Bang Theory time, it's Big Bang Theory time, It's Big Bang Theory time...
Very excited for 2 new episodes tonight!

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
thanks for the heads up sugar

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am so excited already have the taping set up.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Monday, September 22, 2014 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Terolyn called it. The characters are really getting a chance to grow this season. I read that their new three year deal allows the staff to let the characters develop almost organically. No need to push.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Watched it last night. It was ok, not the funniest show ever, but will be tough up against Dancing With The Stars.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I home the characters don't turn meaner than they already are. I did not like the really mean Amy last night. Loved Penny's new hairdo.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I said last season that I was really tiring of the boy-child Sheldon and his selfishness. Seriously, it grew old two seasons ago. With so much of the first episode focused on him I was bored out of my mind except for the scenes in the car with all 3 of them (Amy, Sheldon, Leonard).

As for Stewy and Debbie, it's good to see Stewart be allowed to smile and I hope that Rissa is on to something above!

The other enjoyable part was listening to Penny and the boss during the interview process.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think the show will do fine on Mondays, it used to be on Mondays and I always watch it. Gave up on DWTS long ago, when they stopped having Stars, LOL.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Saturday, September 27, 2014 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
DWTS technically came in 4th that night. It is not a threat to TBBT - which came in 1st handily.

There was some really funny things in both episodes I thought!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, September 28, 2014 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am just sad that CBS is burning off 2 shows a week, good for now, but over soon. I guess they figure what ever else will fill in for the rest of the season will draw the crowd, must be sports.

As far as mean Amy, she will never give as much as she takes. I have been hanging out with someone that never had real friends, part because she is always available to do some thing and part because she seems so alone. Not having friends means you don't know how to act when you have friends. I won't be seeing her anymore since she got angry at a gala dinner where I paid her ticket, claiming she was bored because I was talking to the person on the other side of me and not paying enough attention to her. I had spent the day introducing her to people she has read about for years and spent time alone with her during the day, It ended up with her screaming that I paid more attention to our third roommate, who I had not talked to all day and did not sit near and threw us out of the hotel room that she had paid for (much less than the tickets) in a city with 2 conventions and still demanded I strand the third person in this far away city. We slept on the floor of the room of different friends after collecting the belongings from the hall floor (hotels need psychiatrists on demand). Why tell you this story? Because here is someone who does not know how to deal with people as friends, thinking she is more important in their lives. Amy did not act nearly as bad as this person and I feel sorry I left her behind in the city but I could not drive with a screaming fanatic, which I would have had if I tried to have 2 of them in the car. People who had no friends in their lives kind of believe TV show behavior, so I guess I found Amy behavior less horrifying than real life. They think they own you if you are too nice to them and smother you with demands for your attention. When I left the room, this person was crying hysterically because she knew she lost a friend, wanted me to stay in the room (I was afraid she would kill me in my sleep at that point) but still said the other person had to leave the room and be left behind in the city. She thought because the other person was someone I did not spend a lot of time with, that she was the closer friend and could make me just leave this other person in the lurch.
Amy is way nicer and more sane.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Saturday, October 04, 2014 - 4:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Sadie your story reminded me of a movie "Notes on a Scandal" with Judi Dench. If you haven't seen it check it out...all about someone not used to having friends.